The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Less likely to show as much with a first pregnancy but but more with subsequent ones and earlier.
ones
Only because of weakened stomach muscles. It's very, very, very unusual.nit to show *at all*. That said, it's such a bullshit rumour anyway.

Reactions: 1
No, the Queen is theoretically directly descended from Mary Queen of Scots. The crown passed between cousins - George I was a great grandson of James I/VI. I say theoretically obviously because fathers just can’t be guaranteed! But in George’s case his line went through women so he at least was pretty certainly descended from Mary.
Through Elizabeth Stuart, the Winter Queen of Bohemia, James VI's daughter; her daughter Sophia, Electress of Hanover, was George I's mother. James was the great-grandson of Margaret Tudor, elder sister of Henry VIII, who married the King of Scots. So the descent from the Tudors in the form of Henry VII is there too. Lady Jane Grey et al were the descendents of Mary Tudor, the younger sister. Lady Arbella Stuart was a potential claimant too, and English resident for three generations which could be seen as preferable by some. She was also descended from Margaret Tudor but by her second marriage. Her father was a Stewart of Lennox and brother to Lord Darnley, James's father. The Lennoxes were descended from James II of Scots through his daughter and also from Edward III of England through John of Gaunt's granddaughter Joan Beaufort, widow of James I of Scots, through her second marriage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
What about if you really, really liked sitting round at boring events that you had no interest in for hours on end, 180 days a year?
id definitely sit around at boring events for the chance of 165 days holiday a year! And not to have to clean my 20 bedroom stately home ever again! You bet I would! The Royals think they have a hard life because they have no clue what even a fairly comfortable ordinary life is like! Thats whats going to cause Harrys undoing. Princess Margaret wasnt stupid enough to give up her perks to live even a very comfortable ordinary life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No, the Queen is theoretically directly descended from Mary Queen of Scots. The crown passed between cousins - George I was a great grandson of James I/VI. I say theoretically obviously because fathers just can’t be guaranteed! But in George’s case his line went through women so he at least was pretty certainly descended from Mary.
I always thought that James I wasn't his parents' child - he was really odd looking and they were both attractive. That said, whoever's he was, he was a great King despite his apparently slovenly ways.

I don’t think George and Louis look that much alike, apart from the obvious resemblance from being brothers. Louis is pure Middleton.

Reactions: 6
I always thought that James I wasn't his parents' child - he was really odd looking and they were both attractive. That said, whoever's he was, he was a great King despite his apparently slovenly ways.
I’ve seen a 3/4 profile painting of young James which is quite Darnley. Of course Darnley never aged and portraits aren’t photos so it’ll never be an exact science!

Reactions: 2
Through Elizabeth Stuart, the Winter Queen of Bohemia, James VI's daughter; her daughter Sophia, Electress of Hanover, was George I's mother. James was the great-grandson of Margaret Tudor, elder sister of Henry VIII, who married the King of Scots. So the descent from the Tudors in the form of Henry VII is there too. Lady Jane Grey et al were the descendents of Mary Tudor, the younger sister. Lady Arbella Stuart was a potential claimant too, and English resident for three generations which could be seen as preferable by some. She was also descended from Margaret Tudor but by her second marriage. Her father was a Stewart of Lennox and brother to Lord Darnley, James's father. The Lennoxes were descended from James II of Scots through his daughter and also from Edward III of England through John of Gaunt's granddaughter Joan Beaufort, widow of James I of Scots, through her second marriage.
Arbella Stuart's story is slightly heartbreaking. We learnt about it whilst visiting the National Trust property Hardwick Hall, where she stayed with Bess of Hardwick. The lost princess...

I really liked the name arbella until I googled the name and read her story and then had a boy and arbella just didn't suit him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I read this interesting article about celebrities that lived to 100, including the Queen Mother...
No 9) Kirk Douglas aka Natalie Wood's rapist. She died in horrific circumstances at only 43, yet that parasite lived to 103.
I certainly hope he suffered :mad:

• Sad
Here’s James Middleton, Kate’s brother, putting his foot in it again:

Talk about tone deaf and cynical (well, he’s too dim to be cynical, so his PR people must be).

Not content with his two failed businesses to date - cake kits and marshmallows with faces on, I am not kidding - James the entrepreneur roars back into town with pet food. Just what the world needs because it’s so difficult to find, isn’t it?

But wait!! There is a USP. James in’t in it for the money, he says. No, he wants to ‘give back’ to dogs. Why? Well, he’s now telling us that he was terribly depressed a while back and his dog, Ella, cheered him up, so to reward Ella, and all the dogs of the world, he has ‘developed‘ some pet food.

I reiterate, this is not a cynical commercial venture seeking to piggyback off the recent focus on mental health or his sister’s work (Cough) with mental health charities. No.

His parents seem to be wealthy enough. I wonder why he can’t just get a normal job? Not special enough for the brother of royalty? Instead he has become a pound shop Alan Sugar. I suppose we can’t expect much from a man who spent several years in a relationship with Donna Airhead (and she’s a whole different story!).

Seriously, he needs to cop on to himself. Maybe the Hello feature is a quid pro quo for Kate feeding them a few sound bites and sharing ‘the sweetest picture of the duchesses’ (her and Camilla, not her sworn enemy!).

• Haha
Bo
Here’s James Middleton, Kate’s brother, putting his foot in it again:

Talk about tone deaf and cynical (well, he’s too dim to be cynical, so his PR people must be).

Not content with his two failed businesses to date - cake kits and marshmallows with faces on, I am not kidding - James the entrepreneur roars back into town with pet food. Just what the world needs because it’s so difficult to find, isn’t it?

But wait!! There is a USP. James in’t in it for the money, he says. No, he wants to ‘give back’ to dogs. Why? Well, he’s now telling us that he was terribly depressed a while back and his dog, Ella, cheered him up, so to reward Ella, and all the dogs of the world, he has ‘developed‘ some pet food.

I reiterate, this is not a cynical commercial venture seeking to piggyback off the recent focus on mental health or his sister’s work (Cough) with mental health charities. No.

His parents seem to be wealthy enough. I wonder why he can’t just get a normal job? Not special enough for the brother of royalty? Instead he has become a pound shop Alan Sugar. I suppose we can’t expect much from a man who spent several years in a relationship with Donna Airhead (and she’s a whole different story!).

Seriously, he needs to cop on to himself. Maybe the Hello feature is a quid pro quo for Kate feeding them a few sound bites and sharing ‘the sweetest picture of the duchesses’ (her and Camilla, not her sworn enemy!).
Boomf is still going, so only 1 failed business...?

From what I can see, the new company is London centric but the PR is needed for any new company. I don't see what the issue with the article is...

Is he Boomf?! I got my kids’ birthday cards from there. I’ve just clocked that there were marshmallow options I effortlessly ignored - I remember him flogging personalised marshmallows and finding it hilarious.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.