The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chris De Burgh shagged Fergie whilst she was with Andrew.

More like Man In Red.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Henry VIII’s worst jousting accident was when Anne Boleyn was pregnant (after Elizabeth). They feared him dead and it was something of a miracle he recovered. Anne miscarried - probably caused by the stress - and it was all downhill from there.
Elizabeth I is remembered as a great queen but I think she was also an enormous witch. She hated the men around her marrying and was just as self-important as Princess Margaret! Delve into her a bit more and she, personally, doesn’t come out well.
What about the theories that she was sexuallg abused by Thomas Seymour whilst living with Catherine parr. Anyone think there is any truth? Might explain why she didn't want marriage which would include a sexual relationship.

Reactions: 2
What about the theories that she was sexuallg abused by Thomas Seymour whilst living with Catherine parr. Anyone think there is any truth? Might explain why she didn't want marriage which would include a sexual relationship.
Agree. Would explain why she was so averse to marriage.

Reactions: 2
The last of the Plantaganets are fascinating too. Edward IV married a commoner and had a whole load of kids, including the Princes in the Tower. Their daughter is Henry's mother. She fell in love with Richard III and then married Henry VII. One of those probably had her brothers killed. It was rumoured that a curse was put on the male line of those who had killed the Princes. Richard's son died, then Henry VII eldest son died and the Tudors we done for a couple of generations later. I went to the Tower of London when I was a kid and bought a book on them from the gift shop and became obsessed with them! Then I forgot about them until quite recently when I picked up the Phillipa Gregory novels.
Absolutely love the story of the curse... And Elizabeth Woodville and her mother being water witches that could call up a storm! Phillippa Gregory started my love for royal history.

Thanks. I'll look those up. I'm reading one on the Greys but they are a bit unlikeable 😁
Katherine and Mary Grey are great. Jane.. Not so much 😊
Both Katherine and Mary defied E1 and married for love. Katherine and her husband were locked up in the tower seperately yet thr guards used to let them meet. Katherine had at least two sons who would be strong contenders for the throne... But they disappeared.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
My Dad was lucky enough to go to an event at Buckingham Palace in 2001 and was stood alone, Sophie Wessex came over on her own and started talking to him and in the conversation my Dad said something about being bald and Sophie laughingly said, “You should ask Elton some advice on wigs” and Elton John was stood behind my Dad 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Met Prince Harry whilst on a hen night in Amsterdam last September, he was there for some conference. We were in a quieter part of Jordaan, high as kites and saw him walking towards a boat with an entourage, we all squealed and asked for a picture, which he happily obliged. Was really friendly and told us "take it easy" after he noticed some of us were away with the fairies.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
His daughter was Miss World in the early 00's. Rosanna Davison (his real name) Obviously doesn't look like her Dad.

Reactions: 3
My Dad was lucky enough to go to an event at Buckingham Palace in 2001 and was stood alone, Sophie Wessex came over on her own and started talking to him and in the conversation my Dad said something about being bald and Sophie laughingly said, “You should ask Elton some advice on wigs” and Elton John was stood behind my Dad 😆
I’ve been convinced in recent years that Sophie Wessex is a really decent woman (yes I know she messed up with the fake Sheikh thing but she kept her head down and worked hard) and this really seals it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know quite a few people who’ve met her through the charities she supports and they all like her. She keeps her head down and gets on with things.

She also steps in when other older members of the RF are unwell and will cover for them if she’s available, she’s v good.

Reactions: 16
Yes I like Sophie. And Charles and Camilla. I was reading something this morning about the Spanish Royals. Blimey that Juan Carlos being forced to abdicate because of his dodgy tax dealings. I wonder if that would happen here or whether the press would cover it up? Our Royals would probably get away with a lot more because of the amount of arse lickers we have in the press. You only have to look at their hysteria over Harry and Meghans 'crimes' compared to Andrew and his protection by the Queen. I dont know much about the European Royals but apart from the bonkers Monaco lot they seem far more streamlined and low key.

As if Chris de Burgh has ever had sex! Even his own hand would turn that man down
Wasnt there a sex scandal involving Chris de Burgh a while ago? A cheesy love song clearly goes a long way to disguise dodgy haircuts and weird features!

Reactions: 3
I know quite a few people who’ve met her through the charities she supports and they all like her. She keeps her head down and gets on with things.

She also steps in when other older members of the RF are unwell and will cover for them if she’s available, she’s v good.
She’s not exactly got a lot else to do...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No, she doesn’t but at least she’s good at what she does. She could just meet up with her friends and go shopping, watch Loose Women etc like a lot of women in their mid 50s who stopped working when they had their first child. I’m a bit younger than her and lots of the women I know her age don’t work, they bought their first properties in the late 80s and have comfortable set ups.

Reactions: 5
Just saw this in a group I follow on Facebook... Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Body in the Wall

Mary, Queen of Scots gave birth to her son, James, in the castle’s “birthing room”–or did she?
It is said that during excavations of the castle “the skeleton of a newborn child wrapped in a rich silken cloth [was found] built into the wall of the banqueting hall next to the castle courtyard. The silk cloth was identified as belonging to Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots.” Some speculate that Mary’s son died at birth, the tragedy was hushed up, and the baby of another lady at court was substituted.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.