The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew someone who worked as a press officer at a London store. She told me that the Duke of Edinburgh had accounts for his girlfriends there. She named one in particular, an English actress, young enough to be his daughter.
Is it the famous Knightsbridge department store? And Patsy Stone?

You're absolutely right and I over-generalized, I only occasionally dip my toe in there and know very well that it's not literally everyone, but the loudest voices do (or so it looks) and it makes it seem like it's the whole thread, though I do know better.

All these people claiming to be someone's love child or to know that someone was a bastard are the same as Anna Anderson, who claimed to be Anastasia Romanov, syhte stirrers who know full well they're full of it, but seek the thrill of association and dubious fame. Even then there were doubters who thought she was and those who thought she wasn't Anastasia, until DNA showed the truth and additionally when the bodies were found.
They were identified from Phil's DNA, I think because he is their last known living relative. So they are all definitely dead. They were lined up against the wall and shot. I doubt any of them would have managed to crawl out alive.

Reactions: 2
They were identified from Phil's DNA, I think because he is their last known living relative. So they are all definitely dead. They were lined up against the wall and shot. I doubt any of them would have managed to crawl out alive.
I think some of them, the last two anyway, were identified through mitochondrial DNA so it had to be through the maternal line. His maternal grandmother was the Tsarina's sister. There's plenty of Romanovs still around and most royal families had various Archduchesses marrying into them in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. They could possibly even go down matrilinear lines for the Tsar if needed as his mother and Queen Alexandra were sisters.

Apparently the executioners realised that one of the sisters was still alive when removing the bodies and Alexei survived several bullets, being alive and seated after the first full magazines were emptied . The women's corset were full of gems sewed into them so they acted almost as bulletproof vests, requiring final head shots.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think some of them, the last two anyway, were identified through mitochondrial DNA so it had to be through the maternal line. His maternal grandmother was the Tsarina's sister. There's plenty of Romanovs still around and most royal families had various Archduchesses marrying into them in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. They could possibly even go down matrilinear lines for the Tsar if needed as his mother and Queen Alexandra were sisters.

Apparently the executioners realised that one of the sisters was still alive when removing the bodies and Alexei survived several bullets, being alive and seated after the first full magazines were emptied . The women's corset were full of gems sewed into them so they acted almost as bulletproof vests, requiring final head shots.
They were all identified by using various samples of DNA provided by several family members across the branches.

DNA sampling is much harder than many assume and DNA is also more fragile.

There were more bodies than just the family of 7, as their very last staff and docs who attended to them were shot with them.

They separated the bodies, so that if someone found them, wouldn't make the connection that it's them.
I am not entirely knowledgable on this, but I think it's still up in the air whether the two who were separate are Alexei and Anastasia or Alexei and Maria. It is mostly assumed it's Maria.

I couldn't read and listen too much about what they did to them, it's entirely horrifying, they didn't all die immediately so they were shot many times, some still alive and were then stabbed with bayonets, some were still alive (!!) when they were carted off to the forest (after all that still breathing and in agony!!!) stabbed and shot again (it would've been better had they not had their jewelled protection, quicker, more humane death), had acid spilled over them and were burnt (to disfigure them so no one would recognize them + being buried apart) and one of them fingered the dead tsarina just so he could say he touched the "imperial c*nt".
I felt sick to my stomach when it was laid out what they did to them after they took them into the basement.
I still can't read too much about it or listen/watch, it's one of the most horrifying accounts of murder (and post-murder mutilation) I've come across (not that I read much on the topic, it's not a particular interest of mine! Too gruesome.).

Nicky & Alix should've sent the kids abroad, but were obsessed with staying together.

I think Anna Anderson claimed to be Anastasia simply because Ana was the youngest girl, less "developed" so could've changed more over the years and fooled people to think Ana just grew up looking different as normal and then of course many others claimed to be "Anastasia" and a real kinda cult grew out of that.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
In Craig Brown’s biography of Princess Margaret he says that the day before she supposedly gave birth she was on royal duty, I can’t remember what she was doing but he debunks the claim that she had a secret child.

Love this thread, like so many on here I’m not a royalist but they fascinate me! My Dad is fairly anti royal but he met Prince Charles twice. The first time was at the Hay on Wye literary festival - he took a group of kids from the school he teaches in. It’s in a deprived area of Liverpool. Despite being surrounded by lots of private school children, Charlie boy and Camilla made a beeline for the kids with my Dad, was very warm and friendly and made sure he spoke to them all and had a laugh. Just a few weeks later he attended an event in said area in Liverpool where an old community building had been restored to be used again in the same capacity. Again, my Dad had to concede he was really quite down to earth, funny and appeared to be genuinely interested/care. They drove past a pub in the area and Charles insisted on stopping for a pint. Probably one of the grottier pubs in the entire city but he made time to talk about the history of it and showed an interest in the staff whilst enjoying his pint. I actually really like him and Camilla, I think he will make a good King!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Love this thread, like so many on here I’m not a royalist but they fascinate me! My Dad is fairly anti royal but he met Prince Charles twice. The first time was at the Hay on Wye literary festival - he took a group of kids from the school he teaches in. It’s in a deprived area of Liverpool. Despite being surrounded by lots of private school children, Charlie boy and Camilla made a beeline for the kids with my Dad, was very warm and friendly and made sure he spoke to them all and had a laugh. Just a few weeks later he attended an event in said area in Liverpool where an old community building had been restored to be used again in the same capacity. Again, my Dad had to concede he was really quite down to earth, funny and appeared to be genuinely interested/care. They drove past a pub in the area and Charles insisted on stopping for a pint. Probably one of the grottier pubs in the entire city but he made time to talk about the history of it and showed an interest in the staff whilst enjoying his pint. I actually really like him and Camilla, I think he will make a good King!
He anonymously came into my old place of work for a consultation. His code name is Arthur. It was just before Christmas and he clearly was given a full brief (and memorised it) on the woman he came in to see. He asked her about herself, her training, where she was from etc etc. Apparently he is a total pro at making people feel both special and at ease. When he was leaving he said enjoy Christmas and please tell your parents I said hello,

My brother also met and he quipped 'bet you're hard to miss' which is quite funny (my bro is 6'7 and built like a brick sh*thouse to be fair)?.

Reactions: 11
I've already mentioned this previously, but I've met William and Harry (and Catherine). William was quite aloof and Catherine looked nervous to speak or make a move. Harry was just so incredibly personable - not an act; you could tell he was genuinely that way (this was obviously BM [Before Meghan]).

Reactions: 7
I've already mentioned this previously, but I've met William and Harry (and Catherine). William was quite aloof and Catherine looked nervous to speak or make a move. Harry was just so incredibly personable - not an act; you could tell he was genuinely that way (this was obviously BM [Before Meghan]).
I've never met either of them, but I've always preferred Harry over William. Harry always seemed to be quite happy talking to people and mixing with them, especially kids. You'd see photos of him getting down on the floor and rolling around with them.

William always seems as though he's looking down his nose at us 'commoners'. I've always thought he comes across as arrogant and entitled.

I feel sorry for Harry at the moment. I don't think he knows where he's going in life and he really needs someone to help him.

Reactions: 11
They were all identified by using various samples of DNA provided by several family members across the branches.

DNA sampling is much harder than many assume and DNA is also more fragile.

There were more bodies than just the family of 7, as their very last staff and docs who attended to them were shot with them.

They separated the bodies, so that if someone found them, wouldn't make the connection that it's them.
I am not entirely knowledgable on this, but I think it's still up in the air whether the two who were separate are Alexei and Anastasia or Alexei and Maria. It is mostly assumed it's Maria.

I couldn't read and listen too much about what they did to them, it's entirely horrifying, they didn't all die immediately so they were shot many times, some still alive and were then stabbed with bayonets, some were still alive (!!) when they were carted off to the forest (after all that still breathing and in agony!!!) stabbed and shot again (it would've been better had they not had their jewelled protection, quicker, more humane death), had acid spilled over them and were burnt (to disfigure them so no one would recognize them + being buried apart) and one of them fingered the dead tsarina just so he could say he touched the "imperial c*nt".
I felt sick to my stomach when it was laid out what they did to them after they took them into the basement.
I still can't read too much about it or listen/watch, it's one of the most horrifying accounts of murder (and post-murder mutilation) I've come across (not that I read much on the topic, it's not a particular interest of mine! Too gruesome.).

Nicky & Alix should've sent the kids abroad, but were obsessed with staying together.

I think Anna Anderson claimed to be Anastasia simply because Ana was the youngest girl, less "developed" so could've changed more over the years and fooled people to think Ana just grew up looking different as normal and then of course many others claimed to be "Anastasia" and a real kinda cult grew out of that.
Agree with all of this. It's very horrible, very cruel what happened especially the poor children. They were innocent in all of this. The Tsarina's sister was also brutally murdered along with her entourage. She was an abess and a genuinely good person but Lenin wanted to wipe out the royal family completely.
As for Ana Anderson, she was very ill mentally, I think she got swept along into believing after being mistaken for Tatiana. Rasputin's daughter supported her claims for a time. Even the son of the murdered royal doctor believed she was Anastasia and various German aristocrats supported her financially at various times. The German courts decided they could neither prove nor disprove her claim. She went to America and married a man who was described as an eccentric but I wonder if he also had mental health issues. Anna was very frail looking, I think she had a sad, lonely life despite the believers and financial support.

I hope I'm allowed to post this here ...

I wish Maxima would do something with her hair. She's in the DM again today, looking so untidy. She looks like great fun, but so messy. Some of her wardrobe choices are a bit questionable too.

Reactions: 1
I hope I'm allowed to post this here ...

I wish Maxima would do something with her hair. She's in the DM again today, looking so untidy. She looks like great fun, but so messy. Some of her wardrobe choices are a bit questionable too.
Don't know why you wouldn't be, the thread has covered all kinds of royals so far and seems everyone's enjoying it! ;)

Maxima's hair/fly-aways sometimes give me comfort 😂
That woman has worn some of the strangest and fugliest outfits and most hideous insect brooches, but somehow I find she always pulls it off! I love her loads, don't know why, but she always comes across so great, at least to me. 😊🥰😍

Yes I remember that. She was a child but her mother wasnt. And who is that next to her? Is it Edward or her father?
That’s definitely Edward in that photo. He must have been teaching them his German pals’ latest moves.

I'm filling my furlough time with rather a lot of royal documentaries from Netflix! Does anyone know if Camilla attended Diana's funeral? There was a glimpse of the people in the pews during a documentary on Diana and I thought for a brief second I saw Camilla there, but surely not?!

I'm filling my furlough time with rather a lot of royal documentaries from Netflix! Does anyone know if Camilla attended Diana's funeral? There was a glimpse of the people in the pews during a documentary on Diana and I thought for a brief second I saw Camilla there, but surely not?!
I can't see she did, and I'm not sure she dared. Tom Cruise was there though 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.