The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyhoo, who desperately hopes that the Queen's favourite song is Abba's Dancing Queen? What would Phillip's be? "Sex On The Beach"?!

(Sorry, just wanted to lighten things a bit)
I did actually hear a story that she insisted on dancing to it at the afterparty of some royal wedding (Charles and Diana, or William and Kate)!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't think the upset is directed entirely at Meghan - Just Harry is quite an unpopular member of the Royal family too. They may come second only to Andrew.
I think Harry was one of the most popular members of the royal family until he got involved with Meghan, all his help for heroes, invictus games, South Pole trek , he was all over everything. Now he is shacked up in someone else’s house in a different country and looks like he has been wearing the same clothes for 2 months.

Reactions: 23
Is anyone watching the Princess Margaret documentary on C5 just now?

Reactions: 1
I think Harry was one of the most popular members of the royal family until he got involved with Meghan, all his help for heroes, invictus games, South Pole trek , he was all over everything. Now he is shacked up in someone else’s house in a different country and looks like he has been wearing the same clothes for 2 months.
I was about to post something similar. Harry was always popular.

Reactions: 7
I like this thread because of the lack of Harry and Meghan references. That thread is mental. And also because I really enjoy the Tudor gossip. There’s a cathedral near where I live, and the local story goes that Anne of Cleves stopped there on the way to London when she was to marry Henry, and he came and caught a glimpse of her in the grounds although he wasn’t supposed to. And didn’t like what he saw. I don’t know how true it is though.
There's a number of fun stories like this, one person would send the other a portrait, they see the portrait and say "pretty/handsome" and agree to marriage, then see the person in real life and it's someone entirely different looking! A number of aristocratic and royal would-be marriages ended because of this! (When they could, sometimes the political alliance was too important to call it off).
Crazy insta filters and photoshop were always a thing :D

That's btw why a royal/aristo (or any even?) bride wasn't allowed to cover her face with her veil: To make sure that the right person was standing at the altar!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Has anyone thought about what if the queen or Prince Philip was to snuff it during lockdown? There would be no huge funeral etc :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Has anyone thought about what if the queen or Prince Philip was to snuff it during lockdown? There would be no huge funeral etc :(
When it was announced that the queen had cancelled future engagements due to the pandemic, it didn’t take long for comments to appear on Facebook that the real reason for it was that either she or Prince Philip had passed away. :( it got me thinking what would happen.

When it was announced that the queen had cancelled future engagements due to the pandemic, it didn’t take long for comments to appear on Facebook that the real reason for it was that either she or Prince Philip had passed away. :( it got me thinking what would happen.
Apparently Philip doesn't want a royal or state funeral but just a family funeral and burial at Windsor though I'm not sure whether he'd be allowed to be buried at the royal cemetery at Frogmore instead of St George's, given that the Queen will no doubt be buried in St George's as sovereign and he will probably be in the same grave.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Just finished watching the Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix and Prince Andrew was mentioned in it several times.... Horrified he is still a royal and not facing questioning

Reactions: 6
Just finished watching the Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix and Prince Andrew was mentioned in it several times.... Horrified he is still a royal and not facing questioning
I've watched 2 of these so far... horrific.

Did anyone listen to the two shows Prince Charles did on Classic FM? I loved the little titbits of information he gave about him personally. They're so private usually.

Reactions: 3
Did anyone listen to the two shows Prince Charles did on Classic FM? I loved the little titbits of information he gave about him personally. They're so private usually.
I missed the programmes he was on but they keep sharing little excerpts from them throughout the day, I'll have to go on the website and see if you can listen on "catch up" or something similar. Hearing bits about their every day lives fascinates me, just sheer nosiness I think 🤭

Reactions: 5
I missed the programmes he was on but they keep sharing little excerpts from them throughout the day, I'll have to go on the website and see if you can listen on "catch up" or something similar. Hearing bits about their every day lives fascinates me, just sheer nosiness I think 🤭
I listened to them both on catch up but I'm sure last night it said it was only available for two more days. The app works really well to listen to them

I like this thread because of the lack of Harry and Meghan references. That thread is mental. And also because I really enjoy the Tudor gossip. There’s a cathedral near where I live, and the local story goes that Anne of Cleves stopped there on the way to London when she was to marry Henry, and he came and caught a glimpse of her in the grounds although he wasn’t supposed to. And didn’t like what he saw. I don’t know how true it is though.
Yes there are all sorts of stories about how ugly Anne of Cleves was but basically Henry was obese, impotent and had a wound on his leg that was infected and effectively rotting away. He blamed Anne of Cleves for being so ugly that he couldn't get it up even though they got on very well and he treated her very fondly after their divorce. He couldn't conceive with pretty 17 year old Kathryn Howard or Catherine Parr either. She went on to have a child after his death with her next husband.

Reactions: 10
I listened to them both on catch up but I'm sure last night it said it was only available for two more days. The app works really well to listen to them
Thanks Orangelolly, they've just mentioned them again on the radio, think I have the app so will listen in the sun later today

Yes there are all sorts of stories about how ugly Anne of Cleves was but basically Henry was obese, impotent and had a wound on his leg that was infected and effectively rotting away. He blamed Anne of Cleves for being so ugly that he couldn't get it up even though they got on very well and he treated her very fondly after their divorce. He couldn't conceive with pretty 17 year old Kathryn Howard or Catherine Parr either. She went on to have a child after his death with her next husband.
Supposedly Henry dressed up not as the king and went to meet her hoping that she’d see through his disguise. Instead she asked her ladies in waiting who this fat old man was.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A few weeks ago I read somewhere that the Middletons (Carol and Mike) are living separate lives. I know they’re not strictly royal, but has anyone seen any info on this?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.