The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't come over as likeable, spoilt madam
Margaret was an a*sehole, no other way to say it. A bully and mean to her bones.

No one was allowed to leave parties before her, everyone had to bow and curtsey and she wouldn't let a heavily pregnant woman go to the loo, because no one except her was allowed to leave the table until she said so. At another couple's house.
Why people put up with this bs is beyond me.

I'd have stood up and gone to the loo, esp pregnant, what is that nasty, bitter bytch going to do about it?

There's some discussion on Henry VIII, a theory is that he suffered a head injury doing jousting and that brought on a personality change, leading to his 1st divorce and everything thereafter (esp his nasty character).
I read that years ago. He was allegedly kind etc and after a jousting (or riding?) accident he became violent, angry etc.
Anyone else hear this?

Reactions: 16
Margaret was an a*sehole, no other way to say it. A bully and mean to her bones.

No one was allowed to leave parties before her, everyone had to bow and curtsey and she wouldn't let a heavily pregnant woman go to the loo, because no one except her was allowed to leave the table until she said so. At another couple's house.

I'd have stood up and gone to the loo, esp pregnant, what is that nasty, bitter bytch going to do about it?

There's some discussion on Henry VIII, a theory is that he suffered a head injury doing jousting and that brought on a personality change, leading to his 1st divorce and everything thereafter (esp his nasty character).
I read that years ago. He was allegedly kind etc and after a jousting (or riding?) accident he became violent, angry etc.
Anyone else hear this?
Didn't he badly damage his knee which resulted in infection? I read that contributed to his personality change.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Anyone else hear this?
Yes, he was knocked unconscious during a jousting match which caused some brain damage and his personality changed. He also suffered badly from ulcers on his leg which were incredibly painful and that probably made him seriously grumpy as well. He wasn't able to ride or play sports as much as he liked either. My F-i-L had leg ulcers a couple of years ago and he was housebound for a whole year, even having a dressing on the sores was painful so he was just stuck in a chair for the whole time, he couldn't even go to bed because of the pain, so I can imagine Henry was in a similar state and the smell was supposedly horrendous too which isn't exactly going to make you attractive to young women either.

Reactions: 7

Anyone else hear this?
I read She sang at a party once badly but of course everyone kissed her ass and told her it was amazing 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When I was about eight Princess Margaret was the 'guest of honour' at a Girl Guides jamboree I attended. There were thousands of us Brownies and Guides and we were sat around for hours waiting for her, then she came down in a helicopter had a quick walk around, didn't really speak to anyone and then left. We all had to wave at her and she waved a hanky at us through the helicopter window as it took off. She seemed a right stuck up and miserable cow who'd rather be anywhere else, probably sat on a beach pissed somewhere no doubt.

The thing that struck me most about her, bare in mind I was only eight, was that she was very, very suntanned and had very thin twiglet like legs with the worst varicose veins I've ever seen in my life. I actually went home and told my mum when she asked what Princess Margaret was like ' she's got horrible legs'. My mum still tells people about this now, how I said Princess Margaret had horrible legs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Anyone else hear this?
I read the same thing years ago about Henry VIII. Up until the accident he was supposedly a very charming man etc.

Reactions: 4

Anyone else hear this?
Yes I have heard this and it would make sense as he became a tyrant after the injury. It must have been quite mortifying for someone very young like Katherine Howard to be married to an overweight older man who probably stank because of his ulcers, totally rank.

Princess Margaret sounds quite monstrous I have heard that her Mother was a bit of a cow as well, totally the opposite to the publci persona of a lovable queen Mum, She turned up to the East End after the Blitz in her furs ffs, while the Eastenders had lost everything, how insensitive was that?

Reactions: 8
Diana was pregnant when she died. My dad worked on the papers and the news came down the wire that she was pregnant. She was still alive when medics got to her and expected by them to survive the crash but because she wasn't taken to the closest hospital she bled out and died. She informed the medics that she was pregnant.
A pal at Channel 5 News also said she was initially told that Diana was pregnant albeit very early stages.
The subsequent embalming prevented further any blood tests.
But also an argument for the unauthorised embalming was for preservation; it was a hot August and the body was initially kept in a hospital room, not in a refrigerated morgue, awaiting Prince Charles and Diana's sisters travel from England to France.
The authorities were worried about deterioration of the body hence hurried embalming.

Reactions: 5
Yes I have heard this and it would make sense as he became a tyrant after the injury. It must have been quite mortifying for someone very young like Katherine Howard to be married to an overweight older man who probably stank because of his ulcers, totally rank.

Princess Margaret sounds quite monstrous I have heard that her Mother was a bit of a cow as well, totally the opposite to the publci persona of a lovable queen Mum, She turned up to the East End after the Blitz in her furs ffs, while the Eastenders had lost everything, how insensitive was that?
Yes, mummy dearest was another case of bytch of the manor terrorizing other folks....

A pal at Channel 5 News also said she was initially told that Diana was pregnant albeit very early stages.
The subsequent embalming prevented further any blood tests.
But also an argument for the unauthorised embalming was for preservation; it was a hot August and the body was initially kept in a hospital room, not in a refrigerated morgue, awaiting Prince Charles and Diana's sisters travel from England to France.
The authorities were worried about deterioration of the body hence hurried embalming.
They all went to great lengths to keep the room cool she was in, which was impossible. It was allegedly crazy hot.
I think it was Paul Burrell who said they were fanning her and doing everything possible to keep the heat away from her, putting sheets on the windows etc...
I do believe that this is why they embalmed so quickly. One of the instances when a logical out-of-the-ordinary step turns into a conspiracy....

I'm loving all these little bits about Henry!
Same! I'll have to look up some docus on him, the personality change always intrigued me, but I never delved more deeply into it and most programmes focus on him splitting from the Catholic church and his divorces, not so much on his life before that accident.

I'd like to see some doll or something of his size compared to an average man (if his exact measures are known or at least a very good guess).
Same for Victoria compared to a woman... (the circumference of her knickers was larger than her height!)

I believe HVIII had syphilis too.
Now that you say that, it does ring a bell.. Syphilis affects the brain, amongst other things.

The Tudor dynasty didn't last long but they were totally fascinating!!! I have an interest in them because of their Welsh connection and it was Elizabeth 1 who agreed that the Bible should be available for the Welsh people in their own language. An amazing woman especially when considered that the age she came from regarded women as vastly inferior to men.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The Tudor dynasty didn't last long but they were totally fascinating!!! I have an interest in them because of their Welsh connection and it was Elizabeth 1 who agreed that the Bible should be available for the Welsh people in their own language. An amazing woman especially when considered that the age she came from regarded women as vastly inferior to men.
I completly agree. Actually its ironic that Henry caused all that trouble in his quest for a son, but it was his daughter who became our greatest monarch.

Reactions: 9
Henry V111's suit of armour is on display at the Tower of London in a glass case, they have made it look really quite aggressive and when I saw it I could just imagine it jumping out of its case and oh, the codpiece was gigantic!!! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Henry VIII’s worst jousting accident was when Anne Boleyn was pregnant (after Elizabeth). They feared him dead and it was something of a miracle he recovered. Anne miscarried - probably caused by the stress - and it was all downhill from there.
Elizabeth I is remembered as a great queen but I think she was also an enormous witch. She hated the men around her marrying and was just as self-important as Princess Margaret! Delve into her a bit more and she, personally, doesn’t come out well.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
A few weeks ago I read somewhere that the Middletons (Carol and Mike) are living separate lives. I know they’re not strictly royal, but has anyone seen any info on this?
James Middleton posted a video online recently, probably 2 weeks or so ago he shaved off beard , his gf had never seen him without it, he went to show her and she was sitting in their garden with Mike and Carole both there.

Reactions: 6
Yes there are all sorts of stories about how ugly Anne of Cleves was but basically Henry was obese, impotent and had a wound on his leg that was infected and effectively rotting away. He blamed Anne of Cleves for being so ugly that he couldn't get it up even though they got on very well and he treated her very fondly after their divorce. He couldn't conceive with pretty 17 year old Kathryn Howard or Catherine Parr either. She went on to have a child after his death with her next husband.
Yes, I was going to say can you imagine what the women thought when they laid eyes on him!!!

Anyone else hear this?
Watch the Patrick Melrose series - she is portrayed at a dinner party for toffs and my God, she was meant to be an absolutely unbearable witch!

Reactions: 4

Anyone else hear this?
Yes I read this too somewhere but I thought it was when he was married to Anne Boleyn. Apparently a lot of the current Royals money comes largely from Henry's dissolution of the Monasteries and taking control of the property of the Catholic Church ( not that they are more deserving!)

I'd like to see some doll or something of his size compared to an average man (if his exact measures are known or at least a very good guess).
Same for Victoria compared to a woman... (the circumference of her knickers was larger than her height!)
Same! That is the sort of thing they should have in Madame Tussauds. I went recently and was unimpressed with most of what they had to offer.

I'm loving the spread of gossip, from modern day to Diana to the Tudors.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.