The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to be a fly on a wall at Balmoral now the infamous book has come out ;) I am sure Pr Philip has a few choice comments to make.

Reactions: 7
I would love to be a fly on a wall at Balmoral now the infamous book has come out ;) I am sure Pr Philip has a few choice comments to make.
“It looks like a tart’s bedroom”
This was when he saw the plans for where Andrew and Fergie were going to live, back in the day. Lol Same comment maybe today.

Edit, got mixed up there , I was thinking about the house instead of the book.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
“It looks like a tart’s bedroom”
This was when he saw the plans for where Andrew and Fergie were going to live, back in the day. Lol Same comment maybe today.
I was very disappointed that he had retired by the time Fart did his state visit. I would have paid good money to hear Phil's take on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is it really true that Wills disliked Meghan because he thought she was a gold digger or after the limelight? After the way his own wife pursued him?!

Loving the Tudor and historical goss btw!

Reactions: 12
I was very disappointed that he had retired by the time Fart did his state visit. I would have paid good money to hear Phil's take on that.
😂 at Fart’s state visit.

Is it really true that Wills disliked Meghan because he thought she was a gold digger or after the limelight? After the way his own wife pursued him?!

Same here.
Pot and kettle .

P.S. Did you know that we’ve been referred to as nutters? 🤭

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Wills comes over to me as a snob, like his father's side.

That's what I mean I suppose, I think Harry was less so.
A few years ago, when Harry did Walking with The Wounded in the Arctic, I watched the programme about it. The participants were rather sceptical at first but all said he wasn't at all what they expected but 'just a bloke' and a good laugh, with no deference expected either as an officer or a prince. One corporal interviewed afterwards said that he still felt it was a bit surreal to have Harry's private mobile number in his phone and have him phone up for a chat like any other mate.

To be honest, I don't think that he was ever that keen on being royal (though wealthy aristocracy is another matter probably) which is why he was so happy in the army and why the loss of his military appointments hurt so much. Meghan and the birth of Archie just gave him the impetus and backbone to walk away, however much of a hash it may be at times.

Reactions: 16
I never liked William. He always seems like such a condescending snob.
And lazy.

There’s a lot of talk at the moment about finances, and rightly so. All of the royal family’s finances should come under scrutiny. They have so much secret wealth and the time is long overdue for them to stop taking money from the taxpayer.

‘No institution - city, monarchy, whatever - should expect to be free from the scrutiny of those who give it their loyalty.’

Queen Elizabeth November 1992

Empty words

Last edited:
  • Heart
And lazy.

There’s a lot of talk at the moment about finances, and rightly so. All of the royal family’s finances should come under scrutiny. They have so much secret wealth and the time is long overdue for them to stop taking money from the taxpayer.

‘No institution - city, monarchy, whatever - should expect to be free from the scrutiny of those who give it their loyalty.’

Queen Elizabeth November 1992

Empty words
Especially now with the overspending on Harry and Meghan's houses.... and security .

Reactions: 4
The RF should be self supporting apart from the Queen who should be given something for official engagements etc. They have loads of private land and investments and Prince Charles has the Duchy of Cornwall. Why should the tax payers have to support them when there's people starving and homeless more in need of support here? Its not right.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Especially now with the overspending on Harry and Meghan's houses.... and security .
Yes, that’s what I was thinking about in my first sentence.lol We don’t know for certain who paid for what and how.
We still have to pay £300,000 a year for Andrew’s security. It was going to be stopped but the Queen asked her courtiers to intervene so we still have to pay it. She should pay for it herself. It’s not as if she can’t afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, that’s what I was thinking about in my first sentence.lol We don’t know for certain who paid for what and how.
We still have to pay £300,000 a year for Andrew’s security. It was going to be stopped but the Queen asked her courtiers to intervene so we still have to pay it. She should pay for it herself. It’s not as if she can’t afford it.
She should definitely pay for it herself. No Royal duties, no cash. How dare the richest woman in the world ask for taxpayers money to pay for her 60 year old son? Same with Harry and Meghan. Charles can pay out of his huge unearned Duchy of Cornwall income.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
They the RF have never been totally straight regarding how much money they have and who's paying for what from where? There needs to be greater transparency and accountability regarding the public money that they get. The Queen should pay for Prince Andrew and if she doesn't want to then he should either get paid work or sign on like everyone else has to. Its scandalous that taxpayers are paying anything for him, especially with his track record.
Charles is paying so much from the Duchy for Megan and Harry but they are still getting taxpayers money but they wont make public how much. Prince Charles has always been very cagey about the finances of the Duchy. They don't have to make any of it public. That's fair enough if they self fund but they want taxpayers money as well. Its disgraceful really.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She should definitely pay for it herself. No Royal duties, no cash. How dare the richest woman in the world ask for taxpayers money to pay for her 60 year old son? Same with Harry and Meghan. Charles can pay out of his huge unearned Duchy of Cornwall income.
What’s Alice Walton got to do with it?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The taxpayer is facing a bill of £359 million pounds for the upgrade of BP and as expected, the Queen pays nothing. She pockets millions in admission fees from visitors. The total admission income for various buildings for five years to 2017 was £181 million- all hers.

They the RF have never been totally straight regarding how much money they have and who's paying for what from where? There needs to be greater transparency and accountability regarding the public money that they get. The Queen should pay for Prince Andrew and if she doesn't want to then he should either get paid work or sign on like everyone else has to. Its scandalous that taxpayers are paying anything for him, especially with his track record.
Charles is paying so much from the Duchy for Megan and Harry but they are still getting taxpayers money but they wont make public how much. Prince Charles has always been very cagey about the finances of the Duchy. They don't have to make any of it public. That's fair enough if they self fund but they want taxpayers money as well. Its disgraceful really.
It’s disgraceful alright. Seemingly, her art collection could be worth £20 billion pounds. Her 600 Leonardo da Vinci drawings alone are worth about £5 billion. The list goes on. Their greed and extravagance is vomit inducing.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
I agree 100%. Andy should be getting most of the heat. His mother too for protecting him, shame on her. Nobody will dare call Lizbet out. Her adult son is hiding behind her like a little boy.
Andrew's always hidden behind his mother, I think she over compensated with him given how much of a bad job she did with Charles (not helped by Prince Phillip's choices when it came to toughening Charles up). Edward seems to be well adjusted compared to his brothers and Princess Anne seems to be the smartest one of the lot.

I dislike the Sussexes, but I can ignore them. I don't need to dedicate my life to taking them down, like they killed babies or something. What is wrong with humanity? Andrew should be the most hated man in that family, and his own family should take a stand and throw him to the wolves.
Most of the public know Andrew is dodgy, he can hide behind his mummy all he wants and refuse to talk to the FBI. But when Maxwell goes to trial (assuming she doesn't have an accident before then), it'll probably all come out anyway. The royals can't really control what appears on the internet.
I don't think Charles is as soft as he appears though, there's a calculating side to him.

I also don't like how the Cambridges have been elevated to gods, I don't like or dislike them. I used to defend them in the days before Markle when they were heavily criticised. I just don't like any human achieving godly status, where their faults are ignored. I think it's dangerous to lose your objective senses like that. It's called the halo effect. It's the most bizarre thing to worship another human being. I don't understand it at all.
It's all part of the transition plan most likely. Charles will not likely be King for long, so they are most likely doing everything they can to make the transition from the Queen to Charles to William as smooth as possible. The BRF operates on courting public attention, while also trying to invoke the divine right of Kings to rule stuff. They are human and flawed like the rest of us. They were lucky to have survived the fall that overtook the Royal Houses of Europe during the 20th century. I like William, I do think he's a bit of a posh snob at times, but he does seem to take after his mother more than the Windsor side. Which is a good thing. The irony is Diana will likely save the Windsor's from themselves through William.

Reactions: 8
The taxpayer is facing a bill of £359 million pounds for the upgrade of BP and as expected, the Queen pays nothing. She pockets millions in admission fees from visitors. The total admission income for various buildings for five years to 2017 was £181 million- all hers.
The BP upgrade is being funded by the Sovereign Grant, which is a proportion of the profits of the Crown Estate - that being owned by the Crown, not the government or the public. The Sovereign Grant also only represents 25% of the Crown Estate profits, the remaining being being held by The Treasury to form part of the governments income.

The Crown owns the Royal Palaces (not the Queen, but the Crown as in each successive monarch) and as such the Crown assets are used to fund the Crown. With additional estates of Lancaster to further fund the monarch and Cornwall to fund the Heir.

This is the Crown funding their costs, and still contributing to public coffers by paying tax on their income also.

Also, refering to the art collection, it doesn't all belong to the Queen personally, merely held in trust by the monarch. Only parts of the collection are personally the Queens.

And in terms of the crown Estate assets, which contribute to the public purse, in the event of the monarchy being abolished, all those assets would quickly be sold off, probably on the cheap to friends of the governing Tories to their mates, like when the Royal Mail was sold on the cheap.

Now I'm not condoning Prince Andrews actions, and I certainly don't endorse him being funded as a senior royal any longer, but overall the current way of funding the Royal Family is probably the best way it can be. Because if you say the Royals have to be totally self-funded without anything going via the Government, then you have to say they the right to retain the whole Crown Estate profits for their funding as a minimum, which would actually mean less money going to the Treasury.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.