The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No words😂😂😂 except poor queenie... God help Phillip if he sees this he looks at deaths door in today's photos.
I was really shocked to see Pr Philip in the paper today, but only a short while ago he was looking well at Bea's wedding and when he did his hand over to Camilla, he was walking about unaided.
I am sure the bad behaviour of one sone and one grandson have contributed a lot to his exhausted look.

Reactions: 2
I know the Queen is much loved but I am honestly quite disgusted at how she’s protecting her son.
I can’t remember but I believe he wasn’t stripped of his HRH was he?

Reactions: 19
I know the Queen is much loved but I am honestly quite disgusted at how she’s protecting her son.
No unfortunately he hasn't been stripped of anything. He just got a scolding from his brother and nephew. The cheek! If my nephew scolded me, I would slap the little fucker.

Reactions: 4
No unfortunately he hasn't been stripped of anything. He just got a scolding from his brother and nephew. The cheek! If my nephew scolded me, I would slap the little fucker.
Nevertheless, Charles and William are likely to be able to decide on Andrew's status, money, home etc within a few years. Charles himself is in his seventies so William will only get more important as the next king and head of the family.

Charles has always wanted to strip out the hangers on. Edward and Sophie seem to have got the message with no royal titles for their children to make private life easier (so Louise and James will no doubt live similarly to Sarah Chatto and David Linley) but Andrew never has, pushing Beatrice and Eugenie as 'blood princesses' and fighting for them to retain their security and undertake royal duties. It will be interesting to see what happens to him once Mummy is no longer protecting him.

Reactions: 12
Andrew is a big " I am " and " dont you know who I am" type,so wont go quietly. He seems to be seen around a bit more now,despite the new and ongoing revelations about his other life. Not sure how the Queen copes with it all.

Reactions: 5
Andrew is a big " I am " and " dont you know who I am" type,so wont go quietly. He seems to be seen around a bit more now,despite the new and ongoing revelations about his other life. Not sure how the Queen copes with it all.
Andrew: hey madre, I need another 10k.
Queen: new phone who dis.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is what infuriates me about the Royal Family - Certian members of the family get vilified but everything going on with Andrew gets pushed under a rug.

Also random that Kate and Wills were in Barry Island today. You'd think COVID would give them an excuse to do nothing like usual

Reactions: 9
I am just watching the documentary about Princess Anne now on ITV. She is so energetic. It is about her turning 70. Ha, Andrew did not get this for his 60th last February; it was probably already in the can, but could be broadcasted!
I love Anne! I remember her at the start of the year (? Maybe even longer - this year has been so strange) being told off by the queen for refusing to greet Trump! Her face!

Reactions: 5
No, he wasn’t, and we taxpayers are still paying £300,000 a year for his protection. The Home Office were going to reduce it but the Queen applied pressure , as you would expect mammy to do for her wee Andy.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
This is what infuriates me about the Royal Family - Certian members of the family get vilified but everything going on with Andrew gets pushed under a rug.

Also random that Kate and Wills were in Barry Island today. You'd think COVID would give them an excuse to do nothing like usual
I bet if Ness was there she'd have sorted them out sharpish ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was really shocked to see Pr Philip in the paper today, but only a short while ago he was looking well at Bea's wedding and when he did his hand over to Camilla, he was walking about unaided.
I am sure the bad behaviour of one sone and one grandson have contributed a lot to his exhausted look.
Oh don’t be ridiculous. He’s nearly 100 years old FFS. He’s not going to look good every day.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Rumours are he s had cancer.. Hence very shielded from press and public eyes in the last year.

Reactions: 1

It actually feels like they'd been doing quite a few events in recent weeks? Normally it's quiet in the summer. Not to mention going to Wales makes sense as they'll eventually be P & P of Wales. They certainly haven't always worked as much as they should have in recent years, but I have been impressed with them recently. I especially like Kate's new Baby Banks initiative, and the mental health in football focus for William is much needed in a world with increasing numbers of male suicide. Just my perspective of course!

On the Andrew stuff I am complete agreement. He needs to face up to the investigators and the RF needs to stop protecting him.

Reactions: 8

I find the absolute hatred of Meghan on social media quite scary whereas no one mentions Andrew. Seems like M&H are an easy target (don’t get me wrong, I dislike them both) and I don’t doubt for a second the Queen is quite happy to make sure it stays that way to protect her favourite.
Funny ou should say that about the Cambs. Ever since the Sussexes became a thing they have been elevated to god like status.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I find the absolute hatred of Meghan on social media quite scary whereas no one mentions Andrew. Seems like M&H are an easy target (don’t get me wrong, I dislike them both) and I don’t doubt for a second the Queen is quite happy to make sure it stays that way to protect her favourite.
Funny ou should say that about the Cambs. Ever since the Sussexes became a thing they have been elevated to god like status.
While I don’t think the BRF isn’t doing anything actively to keep the focus on H&M to protect Andrew (that pair is quite capable to put themselves in the focus again and again and again) I do agree that the extent of the hate is crazy. The BRF is probably just relieved that they don’t have to do anything to keep Andrew out of the headlines. And yes, Wiliam and Kate are benefitting big time as the press loves if they can build up a hero/villain storyline. I think we all remember years when it was the other way round. Let’s hope they keep it up and don’t start believing their own hype. The tide will turn again.

The Queen is a reluctant mother at best. She had never really interfered with the private life of her children and let others made the final decisions. Maybe because of how things went down with her sister? Maybe being the Queen just sucks the energy out of you to be the family matriarch? The appalling way the BRF is dealing with the whole Andrew debacle will hurt them for years to come. H&M are a nice gossip topic as the whole story is actually insignificant in the whole scheme of things. Andrew is a despicable man and the whole situation is disgusting and showcases the deprivation people are capable of. Hopefully, once he is king, Charles will quickly deal with it and also find a new way to handle other unlucky situations (taking titles from ex-working members such as Harry, Meghan, Sarah, number of supported family members, new ways of working with charities...).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
While I don’t think the BRF isn’t doing anything actively to keep the focus on H&M to protect Andrew (that pair is quite capable to put themselves in the focus again and again and again) I do agree that the extent of the hate is crazy. The BRF is probably just relieved that they don’t have to do anything to keep Andrew out of the headlines. And yes, Wiliam and Kate are benefitting big time as the press loves if they can build up a hero/villain storyline. I think we all remember years when it was the other way round. Let’s hope they keep it up and don’t start believing their own hype. The tide will turn again.

The Queen is a reluctant mother at best. She had never really interfered with the private life of her children and let others made the final decisions. Maybe because of how things went down with her sister? Maybe being the Queen just sucks the energy out of you to be the family matriarch? The appalling way the BRF is dealing with the whole Andrew debacle will hurt them for years to come. H&M are a nice gossip topic as the whole story is actually insignificant in the whole scheme of things. Andrew is a despicable man and the whole situation is disgusting and showcases the deprivation people are capable of. Hopefully, once he is king, Charles will quickly deal with it and also find a new way to handle other unlucky situations (taking titles from ex-working members such as Harry, Meghan, Sarah, number of supported family members, new ways of working with charities...).
Not sure if Charles has the oooomph to deal with it.He seems to be a bit of a handwringer and a people pleaser. Hopefully once he steps out of his mother's shadow he will change.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.