The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't, I think there is an element of racism within some of it and others just love to hate or need a hate figure in their lives. Harry married because he fell for her, which is fair enough if it doesn't work out and they divorce, then they won't be any different to millions of other couples.
How can we be racist against a woman who has numerous online bio's detailing herself as Caucasian?
At the most she has 25 percent Black heritage (probably less).

She isn't a Black woman and all of her surgeries have strived to make her look more even more Caucasian.

She's Black when it suits her narrative.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm sorry at how people are responding to you Josie. It's normally more respectful around here (in my experience at least)

@Josie113
I agree and also we need to remember we were all new members at one time .I know when I started it was hard to keep up, as people post busily while it is nightime here ,sometimes I get up and 3 pages have appeared ! Another thing to remember is that for a lot of people English is not their first language ,so be kind and patient.No need to reply to every post !
Kindness is free.:)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
How can we be racist against a woman who has numerous online bio's detailing herself as Caucasian?

She isn't a Black woman and all of her surgeries have strived to make her look more even more Caucasian.

As a black woman, when I straighten my hair or pick my nose from a catalogue society thinks I'm trying to be white. Yet a white woman can tan her skin or get lip fillers without anyone accusing her of trying to be black. I hate the double standard. It must be even harder for mixed race people: if she tanned or wore her hair curly shed probably be accused of ignoring her father's side. If she chops of her Markle nose she's accused of ignoring her black side (even though the nose is her father's trait).

That said, I second everything else you said. I don't like when people pull out the race card just because they are backed into a corner. Meghan has been backed into a corner so now she's reminding everyone that she has black heritage. It makes me cringe when people do that in a situation that's not racist. You should be able to dislike someone without being called a racist. The same way you need proof to call someone a rapist, you should need it to accuse them if racism. It is one of the worst labels to place on a person, and once accused it's very hard to wash off- even if you're found innocent.

The woman is awful with no redeeming qualities. Even if she was purple she would still be awful. I wanted to like her at the beginning of their relationship, I was rooting for her, but my god she made it hard. I couldn't justify why I defended her anymore. I initially liked that she was different: fashionable (not anymore), American, previously had a job, and a divorcee. I naturally gravitate towards people with an imperfect past (divorced, broken family, etc) than somebody that's too perfect (Kate). But now thanks to her behavior, poor George is going to have to marry an English virgin. I don't think the royal family will open their doors to American divorcees again 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 35
As a black woman, when I straighten my hair or pick my nose from a catalogue society thinks I'm trying to be white. Yet a white woman can tan her skin or get lip fillers without anyone accusing her of trying to be black. I hate the double standard. It must be even harder for mixed race people: if she tanned or wore her hair curly shed probably be accused of ignoring her father's side. If she chops of her Markle nose she's accused of ignoring her black side (even though the nose is her father's trait).

That said, I second everything else you said. I don't like when people pull out the race card just because they are backed into a corner. Meghan has been backed into a corner so now she's reminding everyone that she has black heritage. It makes me cringe when people do that in a situation that's not racist. You should be able to dislike someone without being called a racist. The same way you need proof to call someone a rapist, you should need it to accuse them if racism. It is one of the worst labels to place on a person, and once accused it's very hard to wash off- even if you're found innocent.

The woman is awful with no redeeming qualities. Even if she was purple she would still be awful. I wanted to like her at the beginning of their relationship, I was rooting for her, but my god she made it hard. I couldn't justify why I defended her anymore. I initially liked that she was different: fashionable (not anymore), American, previously had a job, and a divorcee. I naturally gravitate towards people with an imperfect past (divorced, broken family, etc) than somebody that's too perfect (Kate). But now thanks to her behavior, poor George is going to have to marry an English virgin. I don't think the royal family will open their doors to American divorcees again 😝
Totally agree with all of this. As a POC, if someone said I was horrible/whatever insult they choose, I wouldn't call them racist. Calling someone out for their personality isn't racism, but it's so easy for Megan to pull that card in an all white institution. I was also rooting for the change at the time of the wedding, but have changed my mind since.

Reactions: 12
I am just watching the documentary about Princess Anne now on ITV. She is so energetic. It is about her turning 70. Ha, Andrew did not get this for his 60th last February; it was probably already in the can, but could be broadcasted!

Reactions: 6
I am just watching the documentary about Princess Anne now on ITV. She is so energetic. It is about her turning 70. Ha, Andrew did not get this for his 60th last February; it was probably already in the can, but could be broadcasted!
Anne has always been one of the busier royals ,she is so no nonsense and strightforward and at times apt to be like her father ..outspoken !

I am sure they had a documentary ready for Andrew's 60th but he has missed his chance now...whatever could they write for his 70th knowing what has gone on in his life lately...:(

Reactions: 6
I have met Anne once. She came to my former place of work. I tried to watch the documentary last night but fell asleep halfway through so will watch online later.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've never laughed during a royal documentary, but Princess Anne had me in giggles. What a fascinating woman and so beautiful when she was on cover of Vogue. I was two when she got married, so never saw footage of her first wedding but she looked absolutely gorgeous. Good documentary.

Reactions: 14

You are very very angry, he mother is black therefore she is mixed race.

Reactions: 10
Hilary Mantel has some excellent books.
See also C J Sansome the Shardlake series, wonderful books all set during the reign of Henry VIII , when I first read Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall I thought it was awful, I couldn’t work whose Dialogue it was, it’s really strange , like a room full of people speaking but you cant tell who is saying what. I returned to it about a year later and loved it, again set in the same period, brilliant books.

Reactions: 1
See also C J Sansome the Shardlake series, wonderful books all set during the reign of Henry VIII , when I first read Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall I thought it was awful, I couldn’t work whose Dialogue it was, it’s really strange , like a room full of people speaking but you cant tell who is saying what. I returned to it about a year later and loved it, again set in the same period, brilliant books.
I love Wolf Hall, it's one of the best books I have ever read

Reactions: 1
Has anyone else heard the suggestion that James Middleton is gay and the fiancé is a cover up to ‘protect‘ Kate? (Though why in 2020 this is thought necessary is beyond me). A London friend swears JM is regularly active on Grindr and not discrete about his hook ups

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve never heard that but trying to get his head round it could be linked to his depression etc. This is based on what friends have told me - wanting to work out who they are etc especially if they have v successful siblings.
Whatever is going on I hope he finds happiness.

Reactions: 7
You are very very angry, he mother is black therefore she is mixed race.
I don't think that post was angry in the least. It was spot on and very calm.:)
Quite aside from the surgery she's had Markle has described herself as caucasian on resumés and made a point of joining an all white sorority at college rather than the black one which was available to her.
The only reason she has suddenly acknowledged her mixed race is so that she could use it to explain valid criticism of her hypocrisy and attention seeking since she hauled her thick husband off to Hollywood as "racist". It also allows her a ticket on the BLM bandwagon, which is the hottest ticket in town at the moment so she had to hop on to appear relevant.
Not that it matters but her mother also has very mixed heritage including white.

Has anyone else heard the suggestion that James Middleton is gay and the fiancé is a cover up to ‘protect‘ Kate? (Though why in 2020 this is thought necessary is beyond me). A London friend swears JM is regularly active on Grindr and not discrete about his hook ups
He wouldn't need to hide it though. In fact it would be regarded as making the familly much more human modern and acceptable if he were to 'come out' as gay, so I'm not buying that at all.
Sounds like just another anti-royal/middleton conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I've heard of it, but always with the reason of him being in the closet being how "he has to continue the family name and Carole (Michael is never mentioned by these people!!) won't allow for their "Middleton family branch" to go extinct" (like aristos and royals who must continue their lines).

That said, I don't believe it. James may strike someone as camp and maybe even if he is gay that might be where his depression is coming from (as explained in FreeSquirrels's post above), but if he is gay in no way would I ever believe he's in the closet because of Kate or Carole (notice how it's always the women who are mean.. What I want to say is, the blame is rarely put at the man's feet, just generally speaking).
It would be because he has trouble accepting himself as he is, not his sister or mum or family.

Having a gay family member is very 21st century and "forward", an asset, there's no reason and no way the Windsors or Kate would be interested in having him in the closet.

Some celebrity rumours persist for ages and some people swear up and down they saw evidence with their own eyes (eg -usually- someone's age or sexual preference), yet it is not true, but just a rumour that won't go away (eg the whole discussion on Caprice's age).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any tea on Kate’s parents? Specifically the rumour they’ve been separated/divorced for ages, but keeping it on the DL out of respect for the RF? Kind of the opposite of Megsy’s situation...

Does anyone have any tea on Kate’s parents? Specifically the rumour they’ve been separated/divorced for ages, but keeping it on the DL out of respect for the RF? Kind of the opposite of Megsy’s situation...
That's another one I don't really buy.
I only saw that rumour in a few places and usually said by people who hate the Middletons with a burning passion.

There's no real indicator they live apart. There are no sightings of either of them regularly far away from the other (eg one being in London all the time, with the opposite sex on top of that), they regularly go on holiday together with family, they regularly attend events together (eg Wimbledon), even as loving married couple no one's attached at the hips, they could easily attend some of these things alone without raising questions, yet they are always together.
They also quarantined together.

Of all the rumours and blatant conspiracies, this is one of those which has the fewest legs to stand on.

If it does turn out that they are separated or even divorce/d it would be because it just happened, but not because anyone saw anything or called it (at this point by what's happened so far).

Same with James, if it turns out he's gay, it's because he came to terms with it, not because someone else "allowed" him to come out.

Reactions: 15
That's another one I don't really buy.
I only saw that rumour in a few places and usually said by people who hate the Middletons with a burning passion.

There's no real indicator they live apart. There are no sightings of either of them regularly far away from the other (eg one being in London all the time, with the opposite sex on top of that), they regularly go on holiday together with family, they regularly attend events together (eg Wimbledon), even as loving married couple no one's attached at the hips, they could easily attend some of these things alone without raising questions, yet they are always together.
They also quarantined together.

Of all the rumours and blatant conspiracies, this is one of those which has the fewest legs to stand on.

If it does turn out that they are separated or even divorce/d it would be because it just happened, but not because anyone saw anything or called it (at this point by what's happened so far).

Same with James, if it turns out he's gay, it's because he came to terms with it, not because someone else "allowed" him to come out.
Very good post, I fully agree.

Reactions: 5
I've heard of it, but always with the reason of him being in the closet being how "he has to continue the family name and Carole (Michael is never mentioned by these people!!) won't allow for their "Middleton family branch" to go extinct" (like aristos and royals who must continue their lines).

That said, I don't believe it. James may strike someone as camp and maybe even if he is gay that might be where his depression is coming from (as explained in FreeSquirrels's post above), but if he is gay in no way would I ever believe he's in the closet because of Kate or Carole (notice how it's always the women who are mean.. What I want to say is, the blame is rarely put at the man's feet, just generally speaking).
It would be because he has trouble accepting himself as he is, not his sister or mum or family.

Having a gay family member is very 21st century and "forward", an asset, there's no reason and no way the Windsors or Kate would be interested in having him in the closet.

Some celebrity rumours persist for ages and some people swear up and down they saw evidence with their own eyes (eg -usually- someone's age or sexual preference), yet it is not true, but just a rumour that won't go away (eg the whole discussion on Caprice's age).
Well said Vikka. Women are always blamed when a male relative seems to fall short. Whenever there's a celebrity divorce, I've noticed the woman is always blamed too- even though nobody knows what happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
He would not be the first gay attached to the royals . Really,if you compare being gay and at peace with family and the world, isnt that better than the arrogant and greedy ones who " left " the family and still havent learned to shut up.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.