The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a number of people from the Buck Palace household who've been linked to Jack the Ripper! (Theory-wise of course)

The "Diana was pregnant at the time of her death" conspiracy is age-old, read it a million times over.
I don't believe it and do believe the friend who said D told her she's on the pill and just had her period.
The pregnancy and engagement theories are to me totally ludicrous.
People forget that Diana was with Dodi for all of 5 minutes, not months or even weeks.

Diana told paps just before her death she was to reveal big news, but it was more likely in relation to her future endeavours charity-wise or if new conspiracies are to be believed, blow the news on all the rape and sex stuff going on within Buck P walls. There's certainly a lot to tell on that front and I don't think we've heard it all yet.
🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Oh yes I'd forgotten all about that. There's a conspiracy theory about him being linked to Jack the Ripper too!
He wasn't. Unless he grew wings or something, as he was in Scotland for 3 of the murders, and he didn't marry a prostitute, or was involved in a gay rent boy scandal.

Have just watched the Victoria docu-series on Netflix mentioned above and quite enjoyed it, so thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
In that film Victoria and Abdul (well worth a watch I found), Albert was portrayed as a total twit - but so was much of the rest of the Court at the time. And I felt portrayed Albert as a man desperate for his mother to die so he could be King and resented her majorly finding friendship with her Munshi who she became quite motherly towards.
Been thinking about this, It must be really difficult to watch your mother who hasn’t been able to hide her disgust for you for the majority of your life, cosying up to someone who has had more time and attention than you ever had, especially given the time & the attitudes, he probably didn’t like her very much, & have to admit by the time I finished the program I didn’t like her very much either

Reactions: 3
Agreed - I’m interested in the Royals, I particularly enjoy reading about the Tudors and Stuart’s, and more modern Royal history. I’ve never been particularly interested in Victoria, though I appreciate social history from that time. Watching that Netflix doc really created quite the aversion in me, she was grotesque in many ways! As a Mum I couldn’t comprehend her behaviour towards her kids at all, but, it sounds like she had many many issues aside from a lack of maternal instinct. The thought of her now makes me shudder 😷 I normally watch things like that and piece together why people behave in a certain way, usually feeling sorry for them but not her!

Also when viewed from a certain angle the statue of Victoria outside the courts in Liverpool makes it look like she has a knob. Quite glad about that now she deserves that!

Sorry I’ll stop being childish now...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
If Prince Andrew has been HIV positive for absolute years then how come he didn't become ill like everyone else? Back in the day when he was supposed to have got it people were dying like Freddie Mercury and Kenny Everett etc. Its not like it is now where is fairly easily treated and you can be well for life.As far as I can remember hes always been on the fattish side, never poorly looking.
Not everyone who is HIV positive goes on to develop AIDS. Holly Johnson was diagnosed as HIV positive in 1991 and is still healthy and plump and is now about 60 years old. I have no idea if these rumours about Prince Andrew are true and I can't imagine they will ever be publicly refuted or otherwise.

Reactions: 7
Oh yes I'd forgotten all about that. There's a conspiracy theory about him being linked to Jack the Ripper too!
That was his son. Albert Victor who would’ve been kind after Edward VII but he died of flu at 28 and George V became king instead (and married Albert’s fiancé Mary of Teck our Queens grandma!)

Reactions: 5
I’m shocked to discover that Prince Andrew is HIV positive. So many posters said they’d heard about it that it has to be true.
I don’t understand how this can be true - especially when he supposedly contracted it in the 80s

Tell me more
Basically the theory is Jack the Ripper was hired to bump off the prostitutes because one of them bore a son, and the 5 women killed all knew it was him. The film From Hell is based on the conspiracy. Although as others rightly pointed out, it was his son, not Bertie.

He wasn't. Unless he grew wings or something, as he was in Scotland for 3 of the murders, and he didn't marry a prostitute, or was involved in a gay rent boy scandal.
I didn't say *he* did them, just that he was linked as a result of his actions. Plus, I was very clear it's a conspiracy theory.

I don’t understand how this can be true - especially when he supposedly contracted it in the 80s
Because, as said above, there are plenty of people still alive who contracted HIV in the late 80s/early 90s. HIV doesn’t kill you, you die when the viral load progresses and you develop AIDS, which in itself is a variety of symptoms that prove fatal. Even before treatment, the length of time it took for HIV to turn into AIDS varied wildly between individuals. In the 90s, anti-viral treatments became more effective and progression was slowed right now. Now, they are so effective that in the developed world, HIV is now almost entirely a chronic condition. I have a friend who has been HIV+ since the 90s and is perfectly healthy.

Reactions: 6
Agreed - I’m interested in the Royals, I particularly enjoy reading about the Tudors and Stuart’s, and more modern Royal history. I’ve never been particularly interested in Victoria, though I appreciate social history from that time. Watching that Netflix doc really created quite the aversion in me, she was grotesque in many ways! As a Mum I couldn’t comprehend her behaviour towards her kids at all, but, it sounds like she had many many issues aside from a lack of maternal instinct. The thought of her now makes me shudder 😷 I normally watch things like that and piece together why people behave in a certain way, usually feeling sorry for them but not her!

Also when viewed from a certain angle the statue of Victoria outside the courts in Liverpool makes it look like she has a knob. Quite glad about that now she deserves that!

Sorry I’ll stop being childish now...
Victoria didn’t get on with her own mother who was incredibly controlling and not very loving, so maybe it was learned behaviour.

Reactions: 4
Victoria didn’t get on with her own mother who was incredibly controlling and not very loving, so maybe it was learned behaviour.
I got the impression she was very immature. Probably due to her closeted childhood. She was obsessed with Albert. The 40 years of mourning is ridiculous. Added to that the not being able to be a half decent mother to her children. Even in Victorian times there were ways of avoiding conception, yet her and Albert clearly didnt use them. I got the same impression slightly with Liz. She fell madly in live with Phil to the extentthat she dumped Charles and Anne at home and buggered off on tour and to Malta and allegedly showed them no affection. Anne was daddy's girl and has a far stronger personality so seems to have come out of it fairly unscathed. However neither of them gave their husbands what they wanted when it came to The Crown!

Reactions: 5
I got the impression she was very immature. Probably due to her closeted childhood. She was obsessed with Albert. The 40 years of mourning is ridiculous. Added to that the not being able to be a half decent mother to her children. Even in Victorian times there were ways of avoiding conception, yet her and Albert clearly didnt use them. I got the same impression slightly with Liz. She fell madly in live with Phil to the extentthat she dumped Charles and Anne at home and buggered off on tour and to Malta and allegedly showed them no affection. Anne was daddy's girl and has a far stronger personality so seems to have come out of it fairly unscathed. However neither of them gave their husbands what they wanted when it came to The Crown!
I think Anne, like you say has come out unscathed but I think it damaged Charles quite a lot, I got the impression that the Queen Mother was his primary Mother figure and of course he was unhappy at Gordonstoun which didn't suit him at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.