The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hum interesting about the Perv of York, I would think that Charlotte goes to a private school and they are not opening their doors until the autumn, state school kids can be lab rats until then.
On the news they made it sound like the school was open. I just had a quick look on their website but couldn't find anything that says if they're open or not. A local (to me) private school states on their website that they are only for keyworker children still so you could well be right.

Reactions: 3
Hum interesting about the Perv of York, I would think that Charlotte goes to a private school and they are not opening their doors until the autumn, state school kids can be lab rats until then.
Private schools have all reopened here. My child’s one certainly has and I think the vast majority of YR, Y1 and Y6 kids are back in.

Private schools have all reopened here. My child’s one certainly has and I think the vast majority of YR, Y1 and Y6 kids are back in.
Okay so this is the school 's own decision, as I didn't think that they had to follow Gov guidelines like State Schools?

Okay so this is the school 's own decision, as I didn't think that they had to follow Gov guidelines like State Schools?
As I understand it, yes they can make their own decisions but private schools have been heavily ‘encouraged’ to follow govt advice. In fact some wanted to open up to more year groups but the govt wasn’t in favour. And not all state schools have chosen to reopen for various (understandable) reasons.
Can’t speak for George/Charlotte’s school!

Reactions: 2
I know someone who once worked as a footman for the queen mother, most of her staff hated her and never stayed in the job long. Even though the public thought she was a lovely old girl she was a right cow behind doors.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The last of the Plantaganets are fascinating too. Edward IV married a commoner and had a whole load of kids, including the Princes in the Tower. Their daughter is Henry's mother. She fell in love with Richard III and then married Henry VII. One of those probably had her brothers killed. It was rumoured that a curse was put on the male line of those who had killed the Princes. Richard's son died, then Henry VII eldest son died and the Tudors we done for a couple of generations later. I went to the Tower of London when I was a kid and bought a book on them from the gift shop and became obsessed with them! Then I forgot about them until quite recently when I picked up the Phillipa Gregory novels.
Elizabeth Woodville is my favourite English Queen. There’s zero evidence she was in love with Richard III though that’s just something that Philippa Gregory made up in her books. Great fiction but not true I’m afriad. Also she wasn’t a witch putting curses on people 🙄
She did however have a lot of influence over her husband hence jealous ex advisors (Warwick) rising up and using the easiest slur against an intelligent strong woman - witchcraft.

Reactions: 9
I know someone who once worked as a footman for the queen mother, most of her staff hated her and never stayed in the job long. Even though the public thought she was a lovely old girl she was a right cow behind doors.
I have always thought she was an old witch. The granny to the nation line used to make me feel sick. Especially when she was whisked off to a private hospital because she had a fish bone stuck in her throat. My Nan was having treatment for cancer at the time and it highlighted the class difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have always thought she was an old witch. The granny to the nation line used to make me feel sick. Especially when she was whisked off to a private hospital because she had a fish bone stuck in her throat. My Nan was having treatment for cancer at the time and it highlighted the class difference.
Would you rather she had queue-jumped at an NHS A&E, taking the care away from somebody who couldn’t afford to pay for it?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There was an article saying that Char's class is due back, but not G's and that the Cambs want both to stay home, not just one.
I agree with that, I think it's for the best. Let's be honest, kids aren't missing anything unless they are graduating and having one kid in school and one not from one household is kind of pointless. On top of that they'd have to move from countryside to city, another no-no.

Schools opening is fine, but it should be up to the parents. It's summer holidays soon anyway and as I said, kids are hardly missing anything and ending up stupid.
They miss their mates most!

Reactions: 5
Elizabeth Woodville is my favourite English Queen. There’s zero evidence she was in love with Richard III though that’s just something that Philippa Gregory made up in her books. Great fiction but not true I’m afriad. Also she wasn’t a witch putting curses on people 🙄
She did however have a lot of influence over her husband hence jealous ex advisors (Warwick) rising up and using the easiest slur against an intelligent strong woman - witchcraft.
Shes my favourite Queen too! Really feisty and strong! I obviously know she wasn't a witch. I loved the curse story though even it was obviously made up after the fact. I read the Hollow Crown, which is factual and I'm sure in there it said her daughter Elizabeth of York was in love with Richard before she was married to Henry Vii. ( or he was in live with her) I'm convinced Henry had the Princes in the Tower killed though, even after reading several sources saying it was Richard 😁

Reactions: 3
I’d rather everyone had equality of access dependent on need, rather than status.
But that’s not one of the options that was open to her at the time she got the fishbone stuck, so it was infinitely preferable that she pay for her own care.

Reactions: 5
But that’s not one of the options that was open to her at the time she got the fishbone stuck, so it was infinitely preferable that she pay for her own care.
She did “pay for her own care”. She was spending the money taken from the British public.

Reactions: 9
I feel quite embarrassed.. I have never heard of her. That's my weeks reading sorted!

Yes there are all sorts of stories about how ugly Anne of Cleves was but basically Henry was obese, impotent and had a wound on his leg that was infected and effectively rotting away. He blamed Anne of Cleves for being so ugly that he couldn't get it up even though they got on very well and he treated her very fondly after their divorce. He couldn't conceive with pretty 17 year old Kathryn Howard or Catherine Parr either. She went on to have a child after his death with her next husband.
Love this thread and the interspersing of Tudor history with modern day 😂😂 all my interests

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone watched the documentary Diana In Her Own Words? I found it on Disney plus (of all places) yesterday but think it was originally a National Geographic documentary.

Reactions: 1
And Phil. For all the criticism of Charles, I think he is a decent man. From what I've seen he manages to go to other countries and demonstrate a respect for their culture and traditions, which is more than his father has ever managed to do.
Yes I do too believe that Charles is probably a nice person, sure he didn’t treat Di very well but that doesn’t make him an awful person, he didn’t love her.

Reactions: 7
She did “pay for her own care”. She was spending the money taken from the British public.
And you suggest she should ‘take’ more by using up NHS resources paid for by...? The British taxpayer. 🤦🏻‍♀️

On the news they made it sound like the school was open. I just had a quick look on their website but couldn't find anything that says if they're open or not. A local (to me) private school states on their website that they are only for keyworker children still so you could well be right.
Even if it is open, can you imagine the hoo-ha if the family decamped from Norfolk to London under the on-going lockdown, even if they are technically allowed to do so?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.