The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh! Sorry, I was going by what had been said earlier in this thread, that they have a full-time nanny (the one sometimes seen publicly) and then a few part-time nannies in addition.
When I looked into it they just have one nanny and then other members of household staff like groundskeepers, housekeepers etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Fair enough! Still not convinced she has the grounds to claim exhaustion and overwork though!
She should try her hand at nursing, teaching or perhaps even brushing the streets or going on the rubbish lorry, she would be shattered and near to a breakdown in no time. If she hadn't bagged William I suppose she would have married a rich business man so that she didn't have to work at all, maybe she should have done that as then these tiresome and no doubt tedious and boring duties wouldn't exist to ruin her life so much. A rather spoilt girl I think, even Diana held down a job as a Nanny before her marriage.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fair enough! Still not convinced she has the grounds to claim exhaustion and overwork though!
Well that's the point, I doubt very much she is. It just sounds like a load of bollocks.

She should try her hand at nursing, teaching or perhaps even brushing the streets or going on the rubbish lorry, she would be shattered and near to a breakdown in no time. If she hadn't bagged William I suppose she would have married a rich business man so that she didn't have to work at all, maybe she should have done that as then these tiresome and no doubt tedious and boring duties wouldn't exist to ruin her life so much. A rather spoilt girl I think, even Diana held down a job as a Nanny before her marriage.
Diana didn't go to university though. It's not really a comparison that works.

Reactions: 8
Well that's the point, I doubt very much she is. It just sounds like a load of bollocks.

Diana didn't go to university though. It's not really a comparison that works.
It works very well, you don't have to go to University to be a hard worker, most of the carers looking after patients with Covid have not got a university education but they work extremely hard. So you think that going to University means you should not work and be like Kate? I see...…..Kate got a History of Art degree and when William dumped her she worked in Jigsaw as a buyer for a short time then packed it in and went to work for the family party planning business where I am sure she was a dab hand at stuffing envelopes in between playing tennis and meeting friends for lunch. Diana was a nanny and admitted herself that she was as thick as a plank in school but did manage to work for a living. I think that the fact that Kate had university education makes her idleness even worse she had all that private education and a degree and didn't use any of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Still not convinced that she did.

A24C0488-B6E2-401E-A5C8-8E949C46D822.jpeg

It works very well, you don't have to go to University to be a hard worker, most of the carers looking after patients with Covid have not got a university education but they work extremely hard. So you think that going to University means you should not work and be like Kate? I see...…..Kate got a History of Art degree and when William dumped her she worked in Jigsaw as a buyer for a short time then packed it in and went to work for the family party planning business where I am sure she was a dab hand at stuffing envelopes in between playing tennis and meeting friends for lunch. Diana was a nanny and admitted herself that she was as thick as a plank in school but did manage to work for a living. I think that the fact that Kate had university education makes her idleness even worse she had all that private education and a degree and didn't use any of it.
I don’t think that was the comparison that was being made. Rather that if Di has gone to uni, she wouldn’t have had a job prior to meeting Charles either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think Godwin's Law needs to be updated to include mentions of Covid... Diana had a series of low paid part time jobs and lived a life mostly supported by her rich parents. She was hardly some hero working every hour God sent for a living. You also have it in authority that Kate spent time "stuffing envelopes" and "playing tennis"?
My point wasn't that people who don't go to university don't work as hard. My point was at 19 Kate was at university, Diana wasn't. If Diana hadn't been working (albeit part time in a flat paid for by her mother) then she'd have been doing nothing (she didn't work the whole time either).

I'm not trying to bash one and support the other, I just hate the manipulation of the facts to push one person over another.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

View attachment 139166

I don’t think that was the comparison that was being made. Rather that if Di has gone to uni, she wouldn’t have had a job prior to meeting Charles either.
Diana was married at 20 though and was then straight into babies and Royal duties. Kate had left university 10 years before and did nothing but hang around waiting for William. It was a different time though and Diana should not have been made to marry a 31 year old man she barely knew in the first place. Kate wasnt made to marry William. She knew exactly what she was letting herself in for. To say shes exhausted when she 'works' 50 days a year and her husband 'works' 100 days a year and they have a Nanny is an insult to every working parent in the country. Are all.or children being thrown under a bus because we have to work? I thought Tatler were pro Royal yet they have printed an article which shows the Cambridges in a very bad light.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Diana was married at 20 though and was then straight into babies and Royal duties. Kate had left university 10 years before and did nothing but hang around waiting for William. It was a different time though and Diana should not have been made to marry a 31 year old man she barely knew in the first place. Kate wasnt made to marry William. She knew exactly what she was letting herself in for. To say shes exhausted when she 'works' 50 days a year and her husband 'works' 100 days a year and they have a Nanny is an insult to every working parent in the country. Are all.or children being thrown under a bus because we have to work? I thought Tatler were pro Royal yet they have printed an article which shows the Cambridges in a very bad light.
I don't think Diana was made to marry Charles, I think she thought they were both madly in love with each other. I don't understand "Kate wasn't made to marry William" - are you saying Diana was?
Millions of working parents have nannies 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
But she hasn’t said that.

Reactions: 6

View attachment 139166

I don’t think that was the comparison that was being made. Rather that if Di has gone to uni, she wouldn’t have ha
I don't think Diana was made to marry Charles, I think she thought they were both madly in love with each other. I don't understand "Kate wasn't made to marry William" - are you saying Diana was?
Only if they are rich, most working parents don't have nannies and even the rich ones who have them still work harder than lazy Kate, and I agree she had her eye on William and even hung around waiting for him after he had dumped her, she knew exactly what she was doing. Diana fell in love in Charles but it was no secret that the relationship was engineered by her Grandmother and the Queen Mother, Charles was getting on and virginal brides were pretty thin on the ground, she was steered in his direction , he played the game and she, a naïve teen fell fo it.
I think Godwin's Law needs to be updated to include mentions of Covid... Diana had a series of low paid part time jobs and lived a life mostly supported by her rich parents. She was hardly some hero working every hour God sent for a living. You also have it in authority that Kate spent time "stuffing envelopes" and "playing tennis"?
My point wasn't that people who don't go to university don't work as hard. My point was at 19 Kate was at university, Diana wasn't. If Diana hadn't been working (albeit part time in a flat paid for by her mother) then she'd have been doing nothing (she didn't work the whole time either).

I'm not trying to bash one and support the other, I just hate the manipulation of the facts to push one person over another.
So everyone who hasn't had a university education doesn't work hard????????

Reactions: 4
So everyone who hasn't had a university education doesn't work hard????????
You don't have to be rich to afford a nanny. A nanny can often be more affordable than nursery for multiple children but that's not the point here. So much of what you say is just an opinion, I don't understand how you can have such courage in your conviction as to label people in the way that you have done. It's really not constructive at all.

Reactions: 9
She had only met Charles 4 or 5 times before her engagement. The match was cooked up between the Queen mother and Diana's grandmother. She may have thought they were in love but she was incredibly naive to have thought so about someone she had barely met. Millions of working parents have nannies, but most of them work for more than 1/3 of the year! This is about her apparently complaining about her extremely light workload which is almost certainly a false story. I was just surprised Tatler printed it as it paints her in such a bad light. It probably does say something about Tatler and whoever concocted the story that they published it trying to get sympathy for her and demonstrated instead how out of touch they are.

Reactions: 7
She had only met Charles 4 or 5 times before her engagement. The match was cooked up between the Queen mother and Diana's grandmother. She may have thought they were in love but she was incredibly naive to have thought so about someone she had barely met. Millions of working parents have nannies, but most of them work for more than 1/3 of the year! This is about her apparently complaining about her extremely light workload which is probably a false story. I was just surprised Tatler printed it as it paints her in such a bad light.
Cinderella only met her Prince once before putting out!

• Haha
That's a problem with fairytales too 😁 They portray the 'marrying a handsome prince' as the pinnacle of achievement then end at the wedding!
I guess they wouldn’t be quite as romantic if they continued beyond the wedding and showed the reality of married life.

Cinderella 2: Picking up skid-marked pants
Sleeping Beauty 2: Wake up and smell the kitchen bin that hasn’t been emptied
Aladdin 2: The magic carpet gets pee’d on by the cat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
You don't have to be rich to afford a nanny. A nanny can often be more affordable than nursery for multiple children but that's not the point here. So much of what you say is just an opinion, I don't understand how you can have such courage in your conviction as to label people in the way that you have done. It's really not constructive at all.
I am entitled to an opinion

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.