The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I fail to see how her relationship with a Muslim man was embarrassing? It isn’t now and it never was.... like you said, divorced can do what she likes.
Embarrassing to an outdated, overtly racist institution, sadly. And the divorce meant nothing in that regard, as she was still the mother of the future king.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Sorry I fail to see how her relationship with a Muslim man was embarrassing? It isn’t now and it never was.... like you said, divorced can do what she likes.
It shouldn’t ever be but it definitely would have been an issue in the 90’s within the Royal family. If it had been 20 years ago Harry would have had serious issues marrying Megan due to her race. I think it would be naive to think racism isn’t still a part of everyday life.

Reactions: 7
I TOTALLY agree that it’s very naive to think the RF wouldn’t have had a problem with Diana marrying a Muslim man. I bet they would still have a problem now. Meghan is acceptable because she’s mixed, frankly (although Princess Michael of Kenya made her feelings known by wearing that Moor brooch, didn’t she? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42462724)

Having said that, I don’t believe Diana was murdered.

Reactions: 5
I TOTALLY agree that it’s very naive to think the RF wouldn’t have had a problem with Diana marrying a Muslim man. I bet they would still have a problem now. Meghan is acceptable because she’s mixed, frankly (although Princess Michael of Kenya made her feelings known by wearing that Moor brooch, didn’t she? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42462724)

Agreed I don’t believe she was murdered. It’s a shame it would still be an issue today. But it most definitely would especially for a senior Royal. I’m not a Meghan fan but there’s no way she was completely accepted either.

Reactions: 4
Ooh yes, lots of scurrilous theories. She was a man (hence never married), she had a lover think erm Robert Dudley whose wife died in suspicious circumstances but she didn't marry him due to rumour he'd shoved the wife down the stairs and she didn't want her reputation tainted by a possible murderous spouse, oh and also she was actually the court bike, not a virgin at all and up for it with anyone!

Imagine if they'd had Tudor Tattle 🤣

Edit:
Sorry, still catching up! Back to more recent times...
I think the only reason she didnt marry was because she didnt want to share the Crown. Her husband would have been more powerful than her. Prince Albert and Prince Philip dont outrank their wives in the same way and were both slapped down when they wanted to be 'king consort'

Reactions: 2
It was the prancing around the world on a rich womanising playboy’s yacht that was embarrassing, not the fact that Dodi was a Muslim! I never even mentioned his religion.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I met Eugenie a few years ago at a work event, and I must say, as someone who is generally pretty sceptical about the royal family, she was an absolute delight. So friendly, had a great sense of humor and is incredibly pretty in real life. I wasn't expecting much but she was great!

I also met William when I worked in a bar in York, he was at the RAF barracks nearby. One of his friends was dressed in a sort of leather s&m outfit with 'I'm the witch' painted on - according to one of their group he always has a decoy so people dont notice him. Anyway people recognised him so we shut off an area for him and his friends, and when we closed he bought us 10 bottles of champagne and went and thanked, and shook hands with every member of staff. Just a lovely man.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I despise most of them as individuals, but as a phenomenon they totally fascinate me. I’ve read dozens of royal biographies, the trashy and the serious ones. Love them all except the arse-kissing Penny Junor type.
Can you please recommend some good ones?

Reactions: 1
Diana was pregnant when she died. My dad worked on the papers and the news came down the wire that she was pregnant. She was still alive when medics got to her and expected by them to survive the crash but because she wasn't taken to the closest hospital she bled out and died. She informed the medics that she was pregnant.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

;)You would think that a Kenyan Princess would support Meghan. Did you mean Princess M of Kent?

Meghan was not really accepted except in a very shallow superficial way, and as for Diana marrying a Muslim, it wouldn't go down well. The Royals especially the Queen are very "traditional" ie class conscious, racist and bigoted.

Reactions: 11
;)You would think that a Kenyan Princess would support Meghan. Did you mean Princess M of Kent?

Meghan was not really accepted except in a very shallow superficial way, and as for Diana marrying a Muslim, it wouldn't go down well. The Royals especially the Queen are very "traditional" ie class conscious, racist and bigoted.
And Phil. For all the criticism of Charles, I think he is a decent man. From what I've seen he manages to go to other countries and demonstrate a respect for their culture and traditions, which is more than his father has ever managed to do.

Reactions: 13
I also met William when I worked in a bar in York, he was at the RAF barracks nearby. One of his friends was dressed in a sort of leather s&m outfit with 'I'm the witch' painted on - according to one of their group he always has a decoy so people don’t notice him.
Oh my god imagine having that as a job. Dressed as a gif to distract everyone from seeing a member of the royal family. Hope to god he was paid well for it 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can you please recommend some good ones?
Trashy-good, or serious good? Kitty Kelley ‘The Royals‘ for trashy. Actually she’s written trashy-good biographies of loads of non royals too. You won’t find much new though because it all gets on the internet first as a rule.

Reactions: 3
Diana- accident.
She wouldn't have married Dodi Fayed anyway he was just someone she was seeing, a casual boyfriend. She really wanted Hasnat Khan, that's who she was in love with.

Reactions: 14
Diana was pregnant when she died. My dad worked on the papers and the news came down the wire that she was pregnant. She was still alive when medics got to her and expected by them to survive the crash but because she wasn't taken to the closest hospital she bled out and died. She informed the medics that she was pregnant.
The has been debunked years ago.

She wasn’t pregnant and was on the pill, in fact she’d just had a period. This has been back up by lots of her friends. Her injuries were catastrophic and that’s why she died.

It’s fine to believe the conspiracy’s if that floats your boat, but don’t post them as fact when it’s actually a lot of tosh.

Reactions: 26
Diana was dumb she didn't wear a seatbelt, she died. I felt angry at her being so stupid and careless to risk her life and hence leave her children motherless.
She was playing games with the media. When she was on the yacht and I remember thinking bugger off attention seeking fool. (Also she had changed her hairstyle and it was compared to Michelle Collins, and Diana had looked amazing)

Reactions: 16
Yes, fact is had she been wearing a seatbelt she would probably have survived. It’s no coincidence that of the four people in the car the only one who was wearing a seatbelt was the only one who survived.

Reactions: 18
Trashy-good, or serious good? Kitty Kelley ‘The Royals‘ for trashy. Actually she’s written trashy-good biographies of loads of non royals too. You won’t find much new though because it all gets on the internet first as a rule.
Thanks for this! Thinking a bit of both lol 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.