The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kates annoucement really shook me more than I thought it would. Its almost a mirror of my diagnosis. Tumour on the ovary, was told it was just a dermoid, 6 weeks after removal and had a phone call to say it was cancer. Because of my age (24) had a full hysterectomy, chemo and radio. With 2 small kids, 9 months and 2 years old, it was devastating. I really really hope hers was also contained and caught early
That’s awful. I can’t even imagine how hard that must’ve been for you and your loved ones. I hope you are recovered now.

Reactions: 24
This might be too much to hope for but I think it would be lovely if this brought the Waleses back together with Harry and Meghan. Cancer has a way sometimes of bringing families back together and Harry and Kate used to be close so it would be lovely if old resentments could be swallowed and the four settle their differences

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
This might be too much to hope for but I think it would be lovely if this brought the Waleses back together with Harry and Meghan. Cancer has a way sometimes of bringing families back together and Harry and Kate used to be close so it would be lovely if old resentments could be swallowed and the four settle their differences
Kate has enough to worry about without the woman who called her a racist making contact.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I think dealing with Harry and Megan is the last thing they need right now, to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
The gossip channels on YouTube are making my blood boil. Especially that Sloan channel guy, he has all that fake demeanour and some kind of narcissistic touch in his speech. You can have empathy for anyone without posting your thoughts, he did it while Princess was rumoured badly, and now cashing her cancer

Reactions: 2
Given there's apparently another book expected/required from Harry from their book deal, I can't imagine the family are keen to provide him with material.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Kates annoucement really shook me more than I thought it would. Its almost a mirror of my diagnosis. Tumour on the ovary, was told it was just a dermoid, 6 weeks after removal and had a phone call to say it was cancer. Because of my age (24) had a full hysterectomy, chemo and radio. With 2 small kids, 9 months and 2 years old, it was devastating. I really really hope hers was also contained and caught early
So young. I hope you will find peace and healing x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It also occurred to me how different both Meghan and Kate handled their health issues.

Meghan complained about not getting help and support, and Kate focused on delivering the message to the public, her children and then closed with a message to other people .

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I hope you're back to full health and have dealt with the trauma. I'm sure it's really hard to hear of stories like yesterday's as it brings back so many emotions for you. ❤

I thought it sounded similar to Dilly from the Sort Your Life Out programme. She had major abdominal surgery - hers was myomectomy to remove fibroids
At her follow up appointment she thought it was just to check the scar but they then told her it was cancer and had to have a total hysterectomy then and then the chemo/radio treatments.

Must be such a shock to undergo major surgery but just assume it was a surgical operation and nothing more to then find out it's cancer.

Reactions: 9
Feeling so sad for Kate and the family this morning. I've had the unfollow and block button out in full force though, that's what we all must do to show these awful people (who are just looking for reactions and notice) that we are not interested in any speculation they are putting out after this announcement

Reactions: 4
Wishin
Wishing you all the best you have come through a tough journey.

Reactions: 2
Poor Kate, like everyone else I wish her a full recovery.

I felt so sorry for her watching her statement, but she handled it so well. How hard it must have been to talk about it, but she did, and although it was clear she was (understandably) nervous, she came across as very regal, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Funny how all those who were coming up with conspiracy theories are now blaming the Palace PR for forcing Kate to release a video statement… 🙄
I wasn't part of the conspiracy theories (which are still going on 🙄) , but I do blame the KP PR team for her having to record a video putting into words things she wanted to keep private. They should have
Given that they must have known what was going on behind the scenes and chose to capitalise on the furore by launching their next money making venture, I suspect they are better of without them.

Reactions: 8
Wow, someone's actually reacted to your post with an angry face 😅😅 Some people are very invested 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Given that they must have known what was going on behind the scenes and chose to capitalise on the furore by launching their next money making venture, I suspect they are better of without them.
I’ll be honest; I really don’t like H&M at all.
But in fairness; I think it’s highly likely and probable that they found out about Kate’s illness at the same time as the rest of the world.

Reactions: 30
But in fairness; I think it’s highly likely and probable that they found out about Kate’s illness at the same time as the rest of the world.
I agree. I very much doubt that they would have told them in advance for fear of it being leaked.
Wasn‘t Harry only told of his father’s diagnosis just before the public announcement?

Reactions: 21
No way they told Harry and Meghan about it. They either found out with everyone else or maybe like half an hour beforehand. I don't like them either but their business venture looks absolutely shite and is hardly likely to bother Kate. It barely got any attention.

Reactions: 20
No way they told Harry and Meghan about it. They either found out with everyone else or maybe like half an hour beforehand. I don't like them either but their business venture looks absolutely shite and is hardly likely to bother Kate. It barely got any attention.
Harry and Meghan's statement made it pretty obvious they didn't know before IMO.

“We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace."

Reactions: 10
Putting aside the message, there is no way I could write that without my handwriting degenerating into something approaching cursive but also somewhat approximating a heretofore unknown alphabet, and my capacity to adhere to straight lines disappearing. I'm very impressed.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.