The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After the Montecito jam fiasco I was pleased to hear that the shelves of Highgrove jams, chutneys and special baskets full of goodies are completely sold out!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You'd think, but I suspect she knows the value in how it furthers herself but doesn't have any respect for the rest of the institution
I’m more inclined to think that they ALL value how much the titles further them and at the same time genuinely believe that the made up stuff means that they, their children and spouses are superior to the rest of us mere mortals.

Reactions: 9
After the Montecito jam fiasco I was pleased to hear that the shelves of Highgrove jams, chutneys and special baskets full of goodies are completely sold out!
It is almost as if MM was doing free marketing for the Highgrove jams - not attempting to diss her, but I really do not see how it makes sense:
- she created appetite for "royal jam" by doing this influencer marketing, it was widely publicised.
- but: her jam is not available to purchase! only 50 influencers got a jar each.
- so what do interested buyers do that now have an itch for posh jam - they turn to other brands that currently sell posh jam, including the Highgrove jam

When will MM's jam become available to be purchased by the general public?
If it this is not very soon then I cannot foresee that there is still high interest in posh jam, as people will have purchased it elsewhere or have lost interest since the influencer's advertiesd it.

Or is she really clever at marketing and I just don't get it?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m more inclined to think that they ALL value how much the titles further them and at the same time genuinely believe that the made up stuff means that they, their children and spouses are superior to the rest of us mere mortals.
Yes indeed, that's the system of monarchy and aristocracy in nutshell

Reactions: 4
I will say the American Riviera Orchard (that name has no flow, incidentally) move is simply confusing to me.

I have no strong feelings about Meghan either way, but I am confused about the branding she and her team are seeking to build. Harry seems to be trying for a philanthropist prince brand, though I'd argue not hugely successfully as he seems a little too obsessed with being proven right and/or proving everyone he views as having attacked him wrong. So he's got... that happening.
But Meghan seems all over the place. She's seemingly all at once a former A-list actress who everyone had heard of, promise, and a hard-working philanthropist with no clear focus for her works, and a children's author, and a podcast host, and a producer, and Martha Stewart's replacement.

If jam is her thing (eggplant wizard logo aside) then good for her, you go make every jam known to man if it tickles your pickle. But for the love of god, find a marketing manager that understands personal branding

Reactions: 13
I wonder if historians will look back at this as "the war of preserves and chutneys"?

I hope harry pops up on YouTube with Mr beast type videos to promote piccalilly.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wonder if historians will look back at this as "the war of preserves and chutneys"?

I hope harry pops up on YouTube with Mr beast type videos to promote piccalilly.
Paddington Bear and his Marmalade Brigade are ready for action.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
With Meghan's total ignorance about how the BRF worked as shown by the Oprah interview, I doubt she even knows what any of these Orders are. 🤣
To be fair I have no idea what most of them are and I'm a Royalist.

I mean 'Royal Companion of the Order of the Companions of Honour' is just word salad for close mate of The King. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The launch of this ARO brand is a bit like everything Meghan has done since leaving, a hell of a lot of buzz but not much action. So far we have 50 pots of jam sent to her mates, an Instagram account with nothing on it and now a Netflix show in the works about “cooking and friendship” but still nobody actually knows that this brand is. Will it sell said jams? Will it sell a cookbook with a recipe for the jams? Will it sell the household goods you need to make the jam? Nobody knows. It feels like a flop already because it’s so vague and wishy washy. I can’t see the brains or thinking behind the way this has been launched at all. She surely would have been better to do the Netflix show and then launch the Instagram and products that compliment the show, rather than all of these empty and not quite ready brand offshoots

Reactions: 23
The launch of this ARO brand is a bit like everything Meghan has done since leaving, a hell of a lot of buzz but not much action. So far we have 50 pots of jam sent to her mates, an Instagram account with nothing on it and now a Netflix show in the works about “cooking and friendship” but still nobody actually knows that this brand is. Will it sell said jams? Will it sell a cookbook with a recipe for the jams? Will it sell the household goods you need to make the jam? Nobody knows. It feels like a flop already because it’s so vague and wishy washy. I can’t see the brains or thinking behind the way this has been launched at all. She surely would have been better to do the Netflix show and then launch the Instagram and products that compliment the show, rather than all of these empty and not quite ready brand offshoots
It's like watching the apprentice - watching them cock up every business task they're given......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It reminds me A LOT of the whole 40 X 40 thing she did to mark her 40th. The glitzy and very produced promo video, all the usual cohort signing up to commit their 40 minutes (!!) of mentoring….and years later I have never seen a single actual mentoring session. Not one person has said anything at all about a session they either ran or attended…this ARO feels the the same, it wouldn’t surprise me if it never actually stocks or sells anything

Reactions: 15
Totally off topic…I’ve just watched Winston pretend to be Isa’s new man! Then I saw your display pic! 😂

Reactions: 1
It's giving me fyre festival but jam.

Presumably it'll start selling in a few days? Else no point of all this 50 exclusive jars to selected public figures.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
It reminds me A LOT of the whole 40 X 40 thing she did to mark her 40th. The glitzy and very produced promo video, all the usual cohort signing up to commit their 40 minutes (!!) of mentoring….and years later I have never seen a single actual mentoring session. Not one person has said anything at all about a session they either ran or attended…this ARO feels the the same, it wouldn’t surprise me if it never actually stocks or sells anything
Totally forgot about that!
---
It's giving me fyre festival but jam.

Presumably it'll start selling in a few days? Else no point of all this 50 exclusive jars to selected public figures.

So she sends the jam to Chrissy Teigan - the same woman who sent Twitter death threats to a vulnerable teenager?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.