The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read ‘A senior palace source told the National Enquirer’ and closed that - nothing credible ever uses the National Enquirer as a source.
Yeah I know. Although tbf to the NE, they did get Tom Cruise bang to rights on his weird scientology ways and treatment of Katie Holmes when she gave birth to Suri. It was only after they exposed it that the rest of the world media felt brave enough to start investigating and reporting properly.

I do think that Kate having a longer than expected recovery time / thinking twice about her commitment to royal life, would explain the MOD snafu about trooping of the colour. ie MOD went off the official Palace view which was that she would be good to go on that date and then Kate went no hang on a tick, I need longer to recover / I'm having second thoughts about being in this crazy zoo anyway

Reactions: 8
So the Spanish press are reporting that she’s pretty much bed bound and that this is limiting even the most basic functions for which other means are required (ie stoma). Everything pointing towards Crohns (as people on here have already mentioned) and that she has a long road to recovery. Will have to learn to live with the condition and that her recovery is unlikely to ever be 100%.
I've two pals who have been through similar awfulness recently. One went into hospital for a simple exploratory procedure that would usually take a couple of hours. They came out of hospital five months later, after being put in a coma. They were in coma so long extremities were affected and had two amputations. That was bleeping extreme. Getting used to new prosthesis now. And finally been diagnosed, with crohns.

The other mate went in for prostate op, cancer, came out with a (fingers crossed) temporary stoma. Life is truly a witch sometimes.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
There’s no way a senior palace source would be speaking to the enquirer.

Genuine question: we’re repeatedly told that each taxpayer actually pays a minimal amount of tax towards the monarchy coffers.
But if they’re all so independently wealthy, where does it come from?
Is through property for instance? And if so, was the property bought by members of the royal family down the years? Or handed to the crown by “the people”?
The more this all plays out, and the more the veil falls away and shows how entitled some of them really are, and what they really think of the public, the more i question where all the wealth actually comes from.
And please don’t hate me; I know there’s a deep affection for QEII, but I never could understand the constant drumming into everyone about how well she “served us”.
In what way did she “serve”?
I get that she made many, many personal sacrifices, but surely the aim was to preserve the power and the mystique of the House of Windsor? As has been the case with every monarch before and after, all protecting their crown and their line of succession.
Don’t get me wrong - I’ve said before that I don’t hate anyone for being privileged by accident of birth - good luck to them.
I just question the pedestal that the royal family are on, in the modern era.

TLDR: im prevaricating because I don’t want to head off to work 😂

Reactions: 25
I feel people were happy to put up with the Royals whilst the LQ was on the throne and to a certain extent KC because although a lot don’t like him, he seems to be polite, caring etc but he’s now poorly and may not be on the throne for long. The issue comes when and if William becomes King because from what I’ve seen he’s rude, entitled, lazy, opinionated, sneering, possibly not wanting this and I don’t believe the Royals will go on for much longer like this.

If things are as some think and there’s trouble with W and K then I truly believe the RF will have problems. They may have forgiven C for what he did to D but I don’t think it would be the same if W does it to K.

Time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I feel people were happy to put up with the Royals whilst the LQ was on the throne and to a certain extent KC because although a lot don’t like him, he seems to be polite, caring etc but he’s now poorly and may not be on the throne for long. The issue comes when and if William becomes King because from what I’ve seen he’s rude, entitled, lazy, opinionated, sneering, possibly not wanting this and I don’t believe the Royals will go on for much longer like this.

If things are as some think and there’s trouble with W and K then I truly believe the RF will have problems. They may have forgiven C for what he did to D but I don’t think it would be the same if W does it to K.

Time will tell.
Where are you getting that from? William and Kate have always polled way way way higher than Charles and Camillia. There was much talk aboyt maybe it should skip Charles altogether as he's so much less popular.
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 17.27.43.png

---
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 17.31.28.png

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Time will tell.
I agree with the comment above that Wills and Kate have always ranked higher in popularity than Charles? A lot of friends that are particularly bothered by the RF have said William should have taken over instead of KC.

I’ve only just joined this thread since the Kate photo saga 🥴🙉 but I’m confused where the rude, sneering, unlikeable William has come from?

Reactions: 17
Oh my goodness, keeping up with this thread has turned into a full time job. It's like the Hinch threads back in the day/the days Philip Schofield and Huw Edwards broke Tattle. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Where are you getting that from? William and Kate have always polled way way way higher than Charles and Camillia. There was much talk aboyt maybe it should skip Charles altogether as he's so much less popular.
---
Charles was unpopular because he cheated on the beloved Princess of Wales. Your poll is from a time when Will and Kate were seen by the general public as rock solid.

If history repeats itself and infidelity from Charles’ son on the modern beloved Princess of Wales becomes a mainstream UK media topic, Will be massively unpopular.

I’ve only just joined this thread since the Kate photo saga 🥴🙉 but I’m confused where the rude, sneering, unlikeable William has come from?
I suspect that William shows little enough personality that people can project onto him whatever it is they want to believe. Those who want to think positively of him view him as a loving father and husband, those who want to think negatively of him view him as rude, sneering, and with the help of Harry's novel, a violent drunk.

Likelihood is he's a bit of a prick, as I suspect most people (and men in particular, as less is demanded of them to be perfect) born into wealth and privilege are, but no more than most, and more media trained than many.

Reactions: 18
Can we not just put Princess Anne in charge and call it a day

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh my goodness, keeping up with this thread has turned into a full time job. It's like the Hinch threads back in the day/the days Philip Schofield and Huw Edwards broke Tattle. 🤣
I don’t know if you’re on them normally, but they’re usually like 7 posts a week. They’re the only tattle threads I can keep up with 😂 what a wild ride this week has been…!

• Haha
I don’t know if you’re on them normally, but they’re usually like 7 posts a week. They’re the only tattle threads I can keep up with 😂 what a wild ride this week has been…!
Exactly! I dip in and out, but it's a quick read. Genuinely struggled of late!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.