Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Idacork

I know I keep going on that I'm 49 and I remember scandals....I remember Charles and Diana married...Fergie and Andrew married....And Diana and Charles divorced and Sarah and Andrew divorced...Princess Ann....Always scandal and before the internet.....Diana's passing was the first major scandal to me.... As the Queen took so long to acknowledge her death to the nation at the time....I could go on about Royal scandals from 20-30 odd years ago......But Princess Catherine in the past few days,weeks and months to me is really strange.Im not going to mention Andrew....Thats another kettle of fish.In my lifetime I have never felt so strange that everything to do with the Royal family isn't right.....I've never been a royalist but I think the end of our Royal family died when Queen Elizabeth the 2nd passed 💔 .Just my opinion, please don't come for me!.🫡🫡🫡

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
Harry looks nothing like Diana although he may have inherited some of her less attractive qualities. He looks like Philip and Charles. They all have the same eyes, nose, face shape, mouth and hairline.

Quokka

All I can add to this insanity is that I just feel really sorry for Kate. Recovering from surgery and having nasty rumours and gossip spread about you and your marriage and you try to put it to rest just to have it backfire? I can't even imagine how stressed she is right now. How stressed they all must be.

If I was them I'd just go into hiding and not appear for months. I don't understand why people couldn't just leave them alone. Easter isn't that far away.

• Sad
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
It's just a few photos combined so that all the children are smiling. It's not uncommon. But it goes from something pretty minor like that to them all being AI generated o_O

The papers want a reason to poke for more information with all the mystery surrounding them at the moment.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
What an odd statement. Wouldn't have guessed they'd come out with that.

I'm choosing to read it in a homer simpson sarky voice.

• Haha

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I am honestly flabbergasted by the furore over this picture. It’s verging on hysteria. They released a lovely photo for Mother's Day which should have been a nice little surprise considering we were told explicitly Kate would not be around until AFTER Easter. But no everyone picks and picks and picks. It’s verging on bullying them into making a statement or forcing Kate back before she is ready. I couldn’t give a flying fig if the photos are edited or not. Who doesn’t edit their photos these days. I hope going forward they say fuck you…that’s the last photo we release.
I tell you, the Queen will be turning in her royal vault!
It‘s 2 seperate issues really. The that the photo was edited is one thing, and if they’d just left it on their Instagram and had outlets take it from there then it wouldn’t be an issue. But they didn’t it was sent to global news agencies as a news item. Reuters and Getty couldn’t care less if Charlotte’s wrist looks wonky or the floor tiles are out of synch, what matters to them is that editing/manipulation has taken place at all … when they specifically say they don’t use edited/manipulated photos. Not because they don’t want a family photo glowed up, but because at some point they are going to be responsible for a photo showing a war zone or terror attack and the last thing they need is people looking for false flags and saying ‘of course they allow editing/manipulation … look at Kate’s photo’.

If they are going to say eff off to anyone, it should be whoever sent it to the news agencies without doing due diligence.

• Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
You can see Kate’s hand on Charlottes chest under her dress. She held her like that a lot as a baby with her hand under Charlotte’s clothes, I guess so they didn’t ruck up and inadvertently show nappy or her thighs
What on earth do you think you’re doing, talking sense and logic!

• Haha

Fi scot

The issue here is this photo is effectively supposed to be proof that Kate is ok.

William didn’t take it last week, let Kate badly edit it and pop it on insta, it’s an official photo.

This notion that she occasionally takes the photos that appear of the children is almost believable, but that she is then tasked with editing them herself and then what officially send them out without any professional photog / PR team looking at them? That is quite unbelievable to me.

Also the AP asked for the original image before pulling it and it wasn’t provided. If it’s just a bit of photoshop scrubbing surely you’d fire it over? But they didn’t, so how can that be explained away?

That statement is bananas!

• Heart

Padparadascha

I have it on absolute good authority that she went to get a gastric band, a hair transplant, full sleeve tatts and new teef in Turkey. Hazza and Andrew have been with her the whole time as there's a gang of them in the marriage.
Wills is at home cos it's his month with the weans.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Honeystar

VIP Member
It’s a photo of 3 kids and a woman who is recovering from surgery, I doubt anyone wanted to be out there taking shot after shot to get one that was perfect…chances are they found the best of the bunch and touched up any issues - given the fact it was William who took it and not a professional too. I mean we all know how hard it is to get a photo of multiple kids where they’re all looking at the camera and not pulling a face etc. It’s really not that deep.

• Heart

Honeystar

VIP Member
It’s an incredibly scary society we now live in where anyone can say anything online and it’s taken as fact. It’s even scarier that people believe it. The amount of false accusations and claims that have been thrown around in the past 2 months is wild. I could sit here now and post that I don’t know “I have a friend whose kids go to the school and blah blah blah” when the reality couldn’t be further from the truth. If you can’t fact check a claim then chances are there’s no fact to it. It’s wild out there.

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
I think people were blinded by the word ‘planned’. Planned really just means that it wasn’t something that was an absolute complete emergency, most likely coming through A&E. Don‘t eat anything after midnight, you’re in surgery tomorrow is also planned, not just a letter with a date 4 weeks’ hence.
Exactly this. I can tell how few people have experienced major health issues and surgeries by the comments I am seeing online.

My husband has had numerous major abdominal surgeries (he has Crohn's) and average recovery is easily 8-12 week period. His last but one surgery had three wound sites and it took 9 weeks for one of his wounds to close over.

Also, I've already done my speculation about it being the likes of Crohn's due to her weight loss and if it is that the types of surgery she may have had - but if it is, the likelihood is she's also on immunosuppressive meds which slow healing from wounds too.

A whole myriad of things that fit within the initial statement if people just understood the severity of some operations and conditions.

It could also be that it was surgery not linked to a long term condition like IBD but a hysterectomy and people are right about the recovery for that being serious but maybe not Christmas - Easter timescale but she maybe tagged an extra month on to take pressure off and allow her to be back to 100% not 75/80% level like you or I might aim for before getting back to normal life!

• Heart

Onetwofour

VIP Member
People will never be happy. They could have posted a pic of Kate in her hospital bed in a gown with her kids around and people would complain why she didn't make efforts to dress up for a pic/that's a stagged pic because she is in reality volunteering in a ship farm in New Zealand or joined the scientologists.

• Haha
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
We have definitely jumped the shark with this one. What a load of fuss over nothing. Who doesn't edit their photos these days? So the execution of it wasn't perfect - so what? The tin foil hattery os reaching Covid levels. The poor woman has had major surgery and has already said she wouldn't be back until Easter. I'm sure all of their official photos are retouched. This one just doesn't pass quality control. There is really nothing more to see here.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
I find it quite surprising that some people do believe it’s just abdominal surgery with 6-8 weeks off. I’m not having a go at the belief of that, some people don’t care or don’t think it’s anything out of the ordinary but after all the bullshit that family has put out there over the years, I’m sorry, I think there’s more to it! People shouldn’t be afraid to say that or say they disbelieve the PR statements. And all this fawning over Wills being the perfect caring husband and father who puts his families privacy first. We don’t know that. We don’t know what really goes on and I’ve seen more than one video of him looking at Kate like she’s the anti christ! People have to stop idolising these men and women. They’re not perfect. They are just surrounded by staff wanting them to appear that way.
What ever an any of us think, us mere little povs will never know the real reason behind any of it, anyway!

• Haha
  • Heart

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I agree that Wiliam will not budge. But I think it will pay off in the end. Remember when the world went crazy because they didn’t parade George around? The royal corespondents fueld the criticism because they felt snubbed. 10 years later and W&K are hailed for being fantastic parents protecting their children’s privacy. If Kate recovers this will all blow over and be forgotten till next year.

Ellamay87

VIP Member
OK, here's my take on it. Something happened on 28th December and Kate is no longer alive.

The kids have been kept out of school so that they can grieve privately and normally, with a small private funeral, as opposed to young William and Harry who had to do all of the same publicly. William wouldn't want his kids walking behind Kate's coffin in front of the world, so this way they got to bury and grieve her privately.

The car photo and Mother's Day photos are faked and all other communications are odd, so I think she's gone.
Ludicrous.