Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
It’s obviously not her. But Rose. They just spent the night at WC while Kate and the children live in AC. W just waits till KCIII. abdicates and the second he is King he will divorce Kate and get Rose crowned next to him.
Come on people. Keep up

• Haha
Reactions: 28

stardust21

VIP Member
In my own personal opinion I think she’s had major surgery, is chilling in her PJs at home whilst she recovers, binge watching Netflix and eating carbs.

I think she probably made a special effort to get fully dressed and have her hair done for the photos (which can be exhausting in itself) and when they didn’t get one of everyone smiling and happy they cut and pasted others in so they had one composite picture of everyone 🤷🏼‍♀️

Even once the physical wounds have mostly healed on the outside there will be a lot going on healing wise internally and the fatigue can be overwhelming. I’ve not long had abdominal surgery and I just want to hide away until I’m feeling better.

why has there always got to be a huge conspiracy with everything? Sometimes life is just boring and mundane and people have surgery and people get cancer.
This my hot take too. I honestly think Kate is probably fucked off that she thought she’d have a breathing space away from the media and then this has all happened.

I just think that sometimes life is dull and sometimes people get sick. The timeline has followed what they said so I don’t think anything off. I think people just love getting behind something like this (it’s like the Nicola Bulley thing imo).

I enjoy the memes and some of the conspiracies are so crazy they make me laugh so I’m enjoying this thread immensely. I’ll be disappointed when it goes back to a post every few days about the fashion (even though I love the fashion!)

• Heart

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
It also means all the Jenny Bond types are getting wheeled out and earning a few bob. Lots of clicks for the newspapers. A few bob for their mates. Something juicy for their podcasts but let's ignore the fact it is all at the expense of a woman who has had major surgery and trying to recover.
I think the media are right to critique the Palace’s response to this, it’s shockingly bad. It was also really crap of the Palace to put the blame on Kate for it.
I think Kate absolutely deserves her privacy, but the Firm deserve a lot of scrutiny.

elliebee27

VIP Member
William barely works.

If he is not seen out doing the boring stuff he hates doing like meeting people and shaking hands and cutting ribbons his lazy, petulant, arrogant ass is grass in the court of public opinion.

The Times seems a pretty reasonable paper and if THAT is criticizing him there's plenty to criticize.

His job is: be out there, be visible, support the monarch/institution. He is doing none of these things.

Not: hide away and claim he's working on 'impact' when it's just because he hates doing normal royal engagements and is lazy.

He can do his vanity projects and be there for the kids and do a few engagements a week. Period. He outright refuses.

• Heart

moldwarp

VIP Member
From what I remember there was huge sympathy at first towards Diana regarding the breakdown of her marriage. The general take was she was only 19 and never stood a chance with Camilla in the wings. People didn't mind too much about Hewitt as Charles copped all the blame. But during the mid 90s more stories came out about affairs with Oliver Hoare (the police were called in about her nuisance calls) and Will Carling, both married men. When she started seeing Dodi, the press coverage exploded as they finally got footage of Diana with another man. Plus Dodi's dad was a hugely controversial figure. A lot of people weren't that impressed with the choice of boyfriend and the public smooching was felt to be tacky and super embarrassing for her boys.
Absolutely. As an official oldie I remember it well. The media turned against her by 1996. Too much baring her soul, too much public smooching with boyfriends, it was starting to trickle out how she emotionally manipulated her sons and weaponised her mental health struggles for drama and to get what she wanted.

Kind of like how the public only started to given Meghan the side-eye when she started going on about how no one had asked her if she was OK (whilst standing outside a horrifically poor African village in which women and girls were fighting against the vile tradition of FGM).

I appreciate the the UK is an incredibly diverse country but like all nations we do still have a national 'personality' of sorts and a dislike of self-indulgence, and a tendency to rip the piss out of self-pitying whingers, is a national character trait imho.

So yeah Diana's death kind of saved her rep. The night she died, the Sunday Express had prepared a front page with close ups of her on a yacht and a headline castigating her wantonness and frivolity (ah, the Express, where good old fashioned misogyny always has a home). The paper had just been printed and was in the vans on the way to news agents all over the land when the news about the car crash filtered through. The Sunday Express editor nearly died of a heart attack and immediately ordered outriders on bikes to get all the vans to STOP the paper from getting on the shelves whilst they hurriedly mocked up a more respectful front page 😂 😂 😂

• Wow

moldwarp

VIP Member
Jesus, how misbehaved are these kids if it takes an hour to get one decent shot of them on digital cameras 😂 be for real now

A kill notice is extremely rare, the level of manipulation was, as such, extremely high. They may have even requested the raw file to do a comparison. In all likelihood they probably pasted Kate’s head on someone else’s body.

It’s not several of the same shots pasted together because let’s be real, it doesn’t take that much to get a decent photo of kids who are very used to being photographed.
100% agree.

Worth also noting that her legs are out of proportion to her body ie much shorter than they should be compared with her torso

For a kill to be issued over this, means that the aencies all think that the photo has been so extensively messed with that it doesn't represent reality at all

It's a big deal

• Heart

Filouette

Chatty Member
There's been confirmation?
No. The vogue cover is a stupid rumour from some social media manager.
It's not true. Anyone capable of that level of retouching would not make the other mistakes. Seriously. The light is completely different. It's the same face because it's the same woman on both images. It's not the same image. People don't know what they're talking about. The artifacts like the zipper etc look like the AI replacement function in Photoshop. It's mostly shit and it looks like whoever did it didn't check the results. That's so far off the level of pixel peeping necessary to pull off the Vogue cover face swap. It's ridiculous.

Mark81

VIP Member

A huge amount of control over the British press.
Oh yes, such a large control of the press. The press completely ignored them in the 90s, didn't invade their privacy at all or publish highly damaging things and completely covered up the affairs, sex tapes etc. Or after Diana died, didn't demand the RF (including two grieving young boys) return to london and parade around, almost bringing the monarchy down. Such massive control they have.

The fact is there isn't anything to publish aside rumours and gossip which could lead them into deep water. I'd say its a lack of evidence if anything, rather than control.

KP said we wouldn't see Kate until after Easter, it's not Easter yet. If she isn't seen after the Easter break then yes there could be cause for concern. And yes William has been acting a bit odd. But the majority of the 'missing kate' drama has been created in people's head and in the media.

Reactions: 27

Sibz

VIP Member
This whole thing is bizarre :unsure: who doesn't edit or filter photos nowadays, why is it such a massive story? Why does Kate have to apologise for it? Why are the things that have been edited so random? A tile on the floor, Charlotte's hand, a piece of hair, a zip?! If I was editing a photo I'd be far more focused on making my nose smaller and airbrushing my skin 😅

• Heart

CailínBeag

VIP Member
My close friend died and we were in the procession following behind the hearse. It was at walking pace as the undertaker lead the way on foot. When I noticed people who stopped and bowed their heads as we passed I was touched. It was a very respectful and kind of these strangers to do it.

Royal stans need their heads examined.
It's very common in Ireland at least that you'd stop if you were walking along and a hearse was coming up the road, or pull in your car and let the procession pass regardless of if you knew the deceased. Same for commercial premises, in my town at least they'll still close the front doors and turn off/dim the lights if a funeral was passing.

• Heart

mrsX

Oh thats a nice photo of them

Maybe people will shut the fuck up about her being dead or in a coma now.
I mean really.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
He’s basically been thrown in at the deep end, will he sink or swim?? Terrible to say but I don’t think there’s a good outlook for Charles so it’s going to be sooner than expected.
Well, he hasn’t really has he. He’s 40 so it’s a bit late to say your birthright comes as a shock. He’s supposedly been being prepared for it all his life. His gran was actual Queen at 25 and his dad Prince of Wales formally from 20. It’s only the longevity of his family that meant he could get to 40 without troubling himself unduly.
Obviously there’s been a lot going on at once, but really the stepping up should be almost automatic.

Squittel

VIP Member
Kate just needs to go live on tiktok for a bit, shriek about being bullied or something, maybe a quick Defying Gravity and this will all be put to rest.

• Haha

stardust21

VIP Member
It’s getting stranger by the day.

The statement just made it worse as I think it’s become obvious there isn’t a recent unedited picture to release.

Plus her suddenly making an appearance in the royal car but not looking directly at the camera is a bit fishy.

Once the sharks smell blood they’ll keep circling. I think we might get some form of announcement in the next few days
I genuinely don’t understand how it’s fishy? She had surgery and is most likely on steroids so she’s puffy and doesn’t want to be ripped to shreds by the press and twats on Twitter for her appearance.

gummy-bear

VIP Member
I don’t buy into any of the madder conspiracies but something is going on for sure. The statement from Kate is actually bizarre and I’m tied between thinking she wants out of the RF or the PR team are just actually shit.
My own take on it is that their marriage is going through it and they’re all buying time with her health to work out what to do and how to present it. There have been so many rushed and ill thought out things which makes me think there is panic going on behind closed doors. It’s all very odd

• Heart

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
Has there been ANY plausible indication that they are getting a divorce?

I know this is a gossip site, but to my mind the difference between gossip and conspiracy theory is that gossip comes from reliable sources whereas conspiracy theories are made by people starting with a conclusion and working backwards to find "proof," by combing through every snippet and photo and gesture and connecting all the parts together to make a frankly insane mess. I think if it turns out to be true and the couple divorce, it would be like a stopped clock telling the right time twice a day rather than a vindication of conspiracists and their crystal bollocks.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I never wear my rings around the house, but you'd think for a photo she'd remember to at least put the wedding ring back on but I don't blame her. I doubt she wears the engagement ring with regularity, it's ugly and looks so uncomfortable to wear, would get stuck on things!
I have never understood him giving her that ring considering it was from a very unhappy marriage plus it’s so 80’s. She must have been gutted!