Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
That's all media bullshittery though. The truth is probably straightforward: Kate has had some invasive and quite major surgery because of a medical problem, which may well be of the embarrassing kind she doesn't want to discuss. My own suspicion is that she's been living with Crohn's, colitis or something similar for a long time. She may have had a bowel resection and possibly a stoma. It would be nice for other stoma patients to have someone talking openly about it, but it still involves a lot of awkward topics and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to make it public.

Despite his enormous privilege and hired help, William is only human and is worried about his wife and also his elderly father who has cancer. He will also be worried about the effects this is all having on his kids. It's only the tabloids that are suggesting he's single-handedly running half of Kensington Palace in between various bedside vigils.
William is lazy, but it’s funny that a week ago people were offering sympathies to Tom Kingston, making the point even rich and privileged people can have problems and suffer. Now William has 2 public problems of his wife and fathers illness, his wife’s Uncle has gone on reality TV and he has lost a close relationship in his brother that he could have relied upon in tough times, people are asking how tf he can have problems and that until his children are starving he doesn’t know problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
I am honestly flabbergasted by the furore over this picture. It’s verging on hysteria. They released a lovely photo for Mother's Day which should have been a nice little surprise considering we were told explicitly Kate would not be around until AFTER Easter. But no everyone picks and picks and picks. It’s verging on bullying them into making a statement or forcing Kate back before she is ready. I couldn’t give a flying fig if the photos are edited or not. Who doesn’t edit their photos these days. I hope going forward they say fuck you…that’s the last photo we release.
I tell you, the Queen will be turning in her royal vault!
The issue isn't that it was edited. It's about what the editing is masking. They are claiming it is a recent photo with Kate but there's plenty of evidence to say it's not recent and that it's potentially at least two images mixed together. It's a genuinely bizarre choice to upload such an obviously edited photo and to then double down with the laughable claim that Kate herself was editing them in Photoshop.

The manner in which this has been handled is really poor from the palace. There are so many better ways to post about Mother's Day and to handle the rumours around Kate's wellbeing. A simple update with an old photo saying that she is still recovering and thanking people for their well wishes would be far more effective than this. Instead they have opened Pandora's Box and brought the rumours about their relationship into the mainstream.

• Heart

Brightstar72

VIP Member
A c section is major surgery I don’t think women have adapted to cope better at all, it’s just that, sadly, there’s no choice to stay in hospital for a week any more

Bloody outrageous and misogynistic if you compare male procedures and the respective hospital stays. Makes me rage

SunshineRae

VIP Member
I am honestly flabbergasted by the furore over this picture. It’s verging on hysteria. They released a lovely photo for Mother's Day which should have been a nice little surprise considering we were told explicitly Kate would not be around until AFTER Easter. But no everyone picks and picks and picks. It’s verging on bullying them into making a statement or forcing Kate back before she is ready. I couldn’t give a flying fig if the photos are edited or not. Who doesn’t edit their photos these days. I hope going forward they say fuck you…that’s the last photo we release.
I tell you, the Queen will be turning in her royal vault!

• Haha

Lammington

VIP Member
Hence the refusal to add any more to the original statement about Kate, and then the reason for missing the service being stated as a “personal matter” but closed lips after that.
Whoever thought that was a good idea, shouldn’t be in PR, because if anything was going to give rise to conspiracy theories it was the term “personal”!
I feel like the more people question it, the more William digs his heels in and won’t budge from his stance.
Which is his prerogative of course.
I mean to be fair I can't imagine any PR person plans ahead for Twitter threads about the Prince of Wales murdering his wife and replacing her with a body double. I'm not sure anyone with any sense would think "yeah, that's a reasonable assumption people will make that we should plan for."

• Haha
Reactions: 38

stardust21

VIP Member
IMG_4923.jpeg

I’m getting in here before all the “That’s an old photo” and “it looks more like Pippa to me!” comments on Twitter 😜

• Haha

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
I'd say theee was a DV incident.

Kate and her team took photos at the time.

Now the royal Palace has made Kate look incompetent and unreliable if ever those photo come to light
A grotesque accusation based on absolutely nothing at all.

It’s one thing to suspect a marriage is breaking down, or that someone is particularly unwell. It’s another to throw around accusations that a man has physically attacked his wife.

• Haha

SunshineRae

VIP Member
I’m lost for words 😂 Bonkers!
I might add my own comment, to say I did see him in Waitrose, staggering and swigging from a bottle of Waitrose own brand cider and that his eyes were glinting with tears and that he was clutching a co-op funeral brochure 🙄🙄

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Any PR person hired by KP, should really expect this. They’re hired to spin stories and make the family look picture perfect. Who ever is doing their PR is not worth their wage and I can see another change of staff in the household pretty soon!
But there is nothing to spin. Catherine has had abdominal surgery and is recuperating. It's the nutters on the internet and social media that are putting all the wild stuff out there. I wouldn't expect KP to acknowledge or respond to any of it.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
William is lazy and arrogant. There I said it. Yes - I get it - he wants to be there for his wife and kids, but here's the thing - 99% of mortals living in the real world can't do that as much as they would like because they need to earn a living. He needs to learn some lessons from Princess Anne and the Wessexes - they always come across as super happy, enthusiastic, and very willing to do the day to day Royal stuff which gives the Royals much needed visibility. William acts like he's too good for that stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

pinkrose81

I firmly believe that the 'ambulance and convoy' that was seen on 28th December was something to do with the Princess of Wales. The photo that we have seen released of William and Kate this evening is only adding more speculation because her face can not be seen. At this stage if kate is up and about, why can't she do a quick video from home, sitting down but just addressing the public and thanking for the well wishes....it would certainly 'put a lid on the suspicions'. The more they do to try and quash the rumours the stranger and more uncertain the situation looks. The Palace have handled this woefully and continue to do so. At this stage the only thing we can be certain of is that something is 'off'. They have lied to the public and tried to throw us off the scent. But we aren't the dumb peasants that they think we are.

• Haha

stardust21

VIP Member
My attitude is it’s usually cock up not conspiracy. (Apart from it being Charlotte, not Kate, then I’m all for the conspiracy!).

Honestly I think that editing was her, I think she’s understandably controlling over her children’s image and her own, and was probably touching up things like a crumpled skirt and a marked sleeve. I don’t think it’s a bigger deal than that tbh.

That statement read to me like “could you all just fuck the fuck off please”. I imagine when you’ve been pretty ill, all of this must be quite anger inducing!

• Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Millions of people watched that on tv plus thousands in the stadium itself. I think at least one person would have noticed if it was fake
The only thing I hope for Kate right now is that she’s sitting in bed reading Tattle, laughing at the ridiculous posts. (Not too much laughing though or she’ll split her stitches)

• Haha

veronica71

VIP Member
I am so bemused by the ‘just leave them be’ or ‘of course Kate just edited the photo’ accepting comments

They are the royal bloody family. It’s not like mr and mrs smith shoving a pic on Facebook with a bizarre filter on it for fun. They knew this would go global as everything they do does.

The palaces and the press have acted very weird on this since the start of the year (absolutely no speculation from the British press to start with - that was weird!!!!) and with each thing they make it worse for themselves.

hopefully their story is right and she is recovering from surgery and it’s all just one big PR cock up (although that his a big issue for the royal family)

but given the families history of how it treats wives/women I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable to be questioning if the woman at the heart of this story is ok when things feel very off.

• Heart

mrsX

I'm struggling to word it. But it just feels like people are out for blood.

Demanding proof of life from her almost.

And I agree with someone above, they want a picture of her to tear her apart/ omg she's on steroids it must be XYZ health issue.

And there was a good chance we'd have found out what the surgery was, she might have gone on to raise awareness about it or something.

But people have just gone nuts about it all.
It's too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 36