The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And now this… awful - they had a pretty highe profile wedding at Windsor in 2019
Is that an official Royal Communication?
If so, the date is incorrect - it should be either Tuesday 27th February OR Thursday 29th February.
It states embargoed until 18.00GMT Thursday 27th February! Huge error.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Charles has been talking about his prostate then his cancer at the same time as Kates procedure. He's 70 odd lots and lots of men have prostate issues at that age its not really newsworthy. The statements I think were about protecting Kate taking the spotlight off her. It is serious , no one stays in hospital for 2 weeks for something minor.
Even private hospitals throw you out because of the risk of hospital acquired infections.
She could have private nursing and doctors at home if stable.
She had abdominal surgery, major surgery, all of that was said at the time.
Women do sometimes need a 2 week hospital stay after hysterectomies and bowel surgeries.
It's never been said that she had minor surgery. Hysterectomies, prolapse surgery and bowel surgeries all have lengthy recovery periods because they are major surgery and often 7-14 days in hospital depending on the specific surgery. This is not the NHS conveyor of throw them out the door the minute they do a poo.
I was in a private hospital for 14nights last year for surgery and could have stayed for more if I hadn't felt well enough to go home. When you're paying, they will let you stay as long as you need attention.
Maybe she didn't want all staff eyes on her at home or want the children wanting her attention when she would feel so rough.
Shes not I'll, she's recovering from surgery and its the same for thousands of women the world over.

Reactions: 15
Could be any reason William was absent - physical health, mental health, something to do with the kiddies - doesn't mean there is a major illness with Kate or tragedy occuring. I wouldn't read into it unless it keeps happening.

Reactions: 10
I wonder if it is William's mental health that is the problem. He has been under a lot of stress lately. We hear a lot about Harry's trauma after his mother's death but not much about William. I wonder if he had a sudden panic attack or similar.
Wow, of all the reasons probably one of the few I wouldn’t have figured out and yet once you’ve mentioned it, it’s kind of one of the most reasonable and real explanations. Thanks!

Edit: catching up and reading about Thomas Kingston… well…

Reactions: 8
No mention of a child, I thought Lady Gabriella was pregnant when she fainted at the Queen’s funeral?
No, I don’t think that was ever confirmed?
Terrible news, I remember their wedding and thought how beautiful she looked.
---
As the Kent’s were there I doubt William skipped it for Gabriella. Either he’s ill, he didn’t want to go or something with Kate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
To be fair to William I don't think he would agree to go and do a reading and then just decide he didn't feel like it. Especially not at the moment when there's so much speculation around the family already. He would have found an excuse when he was asked first if it was just a question of not being bothered with it. He can definitely be workshy but I don't think he has a history of last minute cancellations either.

Reactions: 26
I thought the same @hehehe or money worries. Has he been dipping in the trust funds?

I think even the most ardent Kate stans need to admit it’s quite strange that there is absolutely nothing about Kate. It’s like there’s a media blackout. Something very odd about it all. And I’m not interested in the blah, blah, blah about her deserving privacy and it’s for the kids sake etc! It’s just strange. Even if she returns to work after Easter fit as a fiddle (which, I truly hope she does) the way it’s been handled is strange. Peculiar, even! It’s no wonder people online are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5!
---
Sad about lady gabriellas husband. Its no age to die.
She reminds me of Zara. Both of them are very pretty. Always have a glow around them!

Reactions: 16
I thought the same @hehehe or money worries. Has he been dipping in the trust funds?

I think even the most ardent Kate stans need to admit it’s quite strange that there is absolutely nothing about Kate. It’s like there’s a media blackout. Something very odd about it all. And I’m not interested in the blah, blah, blah about her deserving privacy and it’s for the kids sake etc! It’s just strange. Even if she returns to work after Easter fit as a fiddle (which, I truly hope she does) the way it’s been handled is strange. Peculiar, even! It’s no wonder people online are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5!
---

She reminds me of Zara. Both of them are very pretty. Always have a glow around them!
Oh yes she is like Zara. I hadn't noticed it before but she def is

Reactions: 5

---

I’m a big William & Kate fan but even I think it’s a bit odd to have total radio silence. They could post a statement from Kate thanking everybody for the well wishes or something.

I think with how out of hand the speculation has become, on twitter especially, that they need to post a further more personable update than a quote from KP that she’s doing well.

Reactions: 25
I think, as someone may have mentioned further up, even just put out a generic “Kate wants to thank everyone for all the well wishes” statement would stop the ridiculous tweeting and conspiracy rumours. They were quick enough to deny the coma allegations. I found that odd. They don’t usually admit or deny anything do they? Not that I’m saying I believe it but it’s a rumour that got started somewhere.

I tend to not get in to the Twitter stuff. It’s beyond ridiculous how people speak on there, as if they are all best friends with the royals. All hanging off Angela Levin or Lady C.
I have sat and read some of it tonight though and out of all the Kate fan accounts, not one I’ve seen is actually asking where she is. It’s not dismissive or disrespectful to ask it, it’s just natural curiosity. Anyone asking where she is, is instantly bombard with “IT’S HER PRIVATE LIFE!!!!” Kate fans have now taken to posting wedding and anniversary photos of her and William. The life and online experience of royal fans - or fan girls of any kind - it’s all a bit mental isn’t it?

Reactions: 17
I dip in and out of here so apologies if this has already been said, but normally the tabloids love a good celeb conspiracy, over reporting of minor activity, speculation etc and they really haven't done this much with the last few weeks with Kate. The mention of a media blackout @MemoryLane definitely seems reasonable, like they know something they aren't saying. Problem is those, the online commoner conspiracy theories are getting out of hand without a little more information.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@Lovecrisps i agree. I can understand the kids are old enough to access Social Media so don’t want to say too much. But then not saying anything leads to all these wild rumours which the kids can read. That’s if they do have any access. I find it hard to believe they don’t have a phone, iPad, Laptop. They will have school friends who can read it, if they can’t. I don’t think there’s even been any pap shots of her parents or sister visiting. You can understand them not wanting the media around the hospital. It creates drama and publicity for other patients who may not want to be seen going in or out. But to not even see her Mom driving to see her. Apologies if that has been seen, I genuinely don’t know if it’s been posted or reported on!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.