The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just read on Twitter/X that Kate is recovering after donating a kidney to Charles, in return for becoming Queen at a later date.
I mean, you'd think that someone would have told her that she's almost certainly going to be Queen anyway? 🥴🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Gosh what a terrible year for them all, and it's only Feb!

It's Camilla I'm starting to get worried about, I worry things will carry on as if it's normal this year, then next 💥. These things often come in 3's

Reactions: 2
I think Camilla will outlive the lot of them! She’ll still be sat there in 20 years with a cigarette and a gin! Like The Queen Mother all over again!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
This year could easily beat 1992 in terms of bad news given we are only two months in so far
I was thinking that too. I know it may be bad to say but QEII died at the right time. Her son and heir, ex/possibly still DIL both having cancer, Kate’s illness and Thomas Kingstons death combined with whatever the duck Harry and Meghan are up to any given week. It would have been horrible to bear in her old age, this time without Philip, her mother and Margaret to help her.

Reactions: 17
QE has left a huge, gaping hole. None of them can fill it. Charles will never receive the respect and admiration she did.

It’s almost as if her passing has cursed them, nothing is going right for them lately!

Reactions: 26
I’m new to this thread so apologies if this has already been discussed (I did try read back a bit!) but does anyone think an abdication might be looming if Charles’ prognosis is poor? And could that be why William pulled out of the service?

I feel for KC. He waited to be king for so long, think he will abdicate/retire whatever the word is!

Reactions: 6
I think Charles would abdicate but not until George is 18 otherwise if something happened to William all hell would break loose!

Reactions: 7
I’m new to this thread so apologies if this has already been discussed (I did try read back a bit!) but does anyone think an abdication might be looming if Charles’ prognosis is poor? And could that be why William pulled out of the service?
I think Charles might be more open to abdication than his mother was so it’s a possibility. If his cancer becomes terminal I think he will stay King but William will become an unofficial regent much like Charles did when the Queen got ill.
As for why William pulled out it’s anyone’s guess. I think it’s down to - Kate needing support or him being unwell. Someone earlier said he was going to do a reading so my original though (that he just didn’t want to go anymore) I think may not be true because he doesn’t have a reputation for flaking last minute like this.

Reactions: 9
Lady Gabriella Windsor’s husband has died, if I’m right she’s the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent. So that could possibly explain Wills’ absence yesterday? Maybe they were close? Either way, pretty shocking and sad. Bad times if you’re a Royal just now.

Bloody nora, just seen the biggest conspiracy theory on Facebook from a M&H fan. Apparently Thomas’s death is foul play because he knew too much about the Royals. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Huge shock about Thomas Kingston. Unexpected and with emergency services called - will I upset people greatly if I wonder about either a sudden heart attack or suicide?

Reactions: 9
I really don't think there is anything strange about Kates absence at the moment. They said she wouldn't be back until after Easter (its not easter yet), and that they would only update if there was anything important to say. So far everything is as they've previously announced.

And they never address every single Internet rumour, no one does. That's a losing battle that just keeps them more significant than they deserve.

William being absent so often however is a bit odd.

I wonder if something will come to light at a later date about Thomas Kingston and that's the reason for his suspected suicide.

Reactions: 5
The internet or Twitter at least have really taken the where is Kate conspiracies and ran with them over the last few days. I like to imagine she’s sitting on a plush sofa in cashmere pjs reading them all and laughing tbh. They were very clear that she wouldn’t be back in public until after Easter so clearly reading comprehension isn’t these people’s strong point

There’s no way they can start responding to all the rumours, if they deny she’s had a tummy tuck but not that she’s had a Brazilian bum lift then that would cause chaos 😂😂

Reactions: 12
Oh yes she is like Zara. I hadn't noticed it before but she def is
It's the lovely smile and the radiant cheerfulness. Both gone for a while now, poor thing. :(

I found this yesterday evening - maybe through a mention here, so apologies if I am repeating someone else, but the writer pulls off the rare trick of being snobby *and* chippy at the same time. Despite his sleazy indiscretion, Gabriella come out of it very well - she sounds smart and good fun, in fact.

Reactions: 4
It's the lovely smile and the radiant cheerfulness. Both gone for a while now, poor thing. :(

I found this yesterday evening - maybe through a mention here, so apologies if I am repeating someone else, but the writer pulls off the rare trick of being snobby *and* chippy at the same time. Despite his sleazy indiscretion, Gabriella come out of it very well - she sounds smart and good fun, in fact.

This wasn't written THAT long ago but it seems to dated now.

Reactions: 4
I know they can’t answer to every rumour but I’m still curious as to why they addressed the Spanish tv presenter and her reports Kate had been in a medically induced coma. Again, I am not saying I believe it but it suggests Kates condition was far more serious than we were told (I understand it’s not our place to know this) and it was a short, sharp close down. They can control the media in the U.K. but not other countries and may be it was a step too far and the palace reminded them of it. Spains royal family may have been contacted to keep a lid on it. I’m still on the side of it being all to quiet on their part! But, I doubt we’ll ever know and she’ll return with a bouncy blow dry and a pearly white smile! I also think William will be in charge. I think Charles will have to take a back seat. Cancer is bad enough, but he’s no spring chicken and I think he’s aged a lot the last couple of years!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.