The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Anne cares very much, I am sure she has been given things she wanted to wear or use and can use whatever's in the vault if she wants too. She's been wearing HM's pearls and brooches. She's not as important in the line of succession and most stuff is there in trust in a sense for everybody to use.

Reactions: 9
I find it quite sad that Camilla and Kate wear TLQ’s personal gifts from her parents and grandparents when imo should have been given to Anne. (I’d feel slighted if my brothers wife and daughter in law were wearing my mum’s Jewelry). I don’t mean tiaras and fancy diamond necklaces but brooches and earrings given for her birthday.
Queen Elizabeth was given jewellery by her parents and grandmother when she was heir presumptive and then monarch. They were given for a queen to wear. Anne has jewellery of her own, including her paternal grandmother's tiara which Zara wore for her wedding, as well as the pearls that QE wore every day. It's a given in royal and aristocratic circles that much of the jewellery will stay in the main family line.

Reactions: 11
Nothing remember? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

At least according to this interview which I will relink for posterity https://archive.ph/AZzZJ#selection-2423.183-2423.519
Funny that Meghan and Harry have never ever done anything wrong while all other royals are villains. Harry was surprised he couldn't arrange through a friend a meeting with his brother just after releasing Spare?? Come on, who would want to talk to someone who shared their privacy to the whole world and might do it again as soon as an opportunity arises? The accusation of William portraying Harry as someone mentally fragile? Didn't they decide together to raise awareness about mental health? Before leaving the RF Harry was already talking about his mental health and his struggles, he did so even more after leaving the RF. His youth, the death of his mother and his own words were enough for anyone to deduct that Harry struggles mentally - there is no shame about it. What's shameful is to refuse to be accountable of your own actions.

The whole interview is a farce. The only thing Scobie doesn't deserve is facing racism. His work is mediocre enough, no need to go after him this way. But after this 2nd book, his tweets etc. let's not pretend he's not working in some capacities for Harry and Meghan's pr. At very least, he's regularly briefed.

Reactions: 11
Of course Harry and Meghan turned down an invitation to the Duke of Westminster's wedding because they didn't want to cause any drama and it would be too awkward. How gracious of them ... and how on earth did PageSix get that information? 🤔 🤔

They have nothing to say about Scobie's revelations but can't get information out there quick enough to dispel rumours they've been shunned from the society wedding of the year. They make me sick.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am loving Kate in this dress. She really does suit gold or rose sequins.
The diamonds and tiara are stunning too.
Tbh I haven’t liked Kate’s hair the last couple of times she’s worn tiaras. It just seems too harsh and I feel it needs more softness around her forehead.
---
Of course Harry and Meghan turned down an invitation to the Duke of Westminster's wedding because they didn't want to cause any drama and it would be too awkward. How gracious of them ... and how on earth did PageSix get that information? 🤔 🤔

They have nothing to say about Scobie's revelations but can't get information out there quick enough to dispel rumours they've been shunned from the society wedding of the year. They make me sick.
Not even an invitation actually. It was just a “save the date.” 😆

Reactions: 2
I really love todays event with Camilla inviting the poorly children to decorate the tree at Clarence House, she does it every year and it’s one of those special things that royalty can do, inviting children to a palace to decorate a tree with the Queen, things like that just wouldn’t have the same impact if it was off to Downing Street with Rishi or Boris

Reactions: 29
I really love todays event with Camilla inviting the poorly children to decorate the tree at Clarence House, she does it every year and it’s one of those special things that royalty can do, inviting children to a palace to decorate a tree with the Queen, things like that just wouldn’t have the same impact if it was off to Downing Street with Rishi or Boris
Camilla's annual Christmas party is imo the best royal event, full stop. She serves them, she loves on the kids and families, spoils them and their carers rotten - they all deserve it. Imo to me it emphasizes the old school idea of public servant in a royal.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I remember reading an article about this several years ago. They (I assume Camilla and Charles) pay to have the kids, their families and careers in a nice hotel in London, go shopping, and enjoy time in London before and after the Christmas party. :love: I don't remember where this was but I remember quotes from the families, itis such a special time for them when they are in such a stressful situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s really special when you look at the tiny details, the finger food so it’s easier to eat, letting them hold the ends of the trumpet to feel the vibrations if they can’t hear etc, I’m not saying Camilla organises every detail of course but you can tell she’s a grandmother

Reactions: 22
I've seen pictures of her cutting up the food for them and helping feed the children so the carers and parents can relax and have nibbles and some wine.

Reactions: 14
Queen Elizabeth was given jewellery by her parents and grandmother when she was heir presumptive and then monarch. They were given for a queen to wear. Anne has jewellery of her own, including her paternal grandmother's tiara which Zara wore for her wedding, as well as the pearls that QE wore every day. It's a given in royal and aristocratic circles that much of the jewellery will stay in the main family line.
Just to follow on:

QE gave/lent the Edinburgh Wedding Bracelet to the Princess of Wales to wear as Duchess of Cambridge - her wedding present from Prince Philip; it and her engagement ring were made from a tiara given as a wedding present to Princess Alice from the Tsar and Tsarina. Queen Mary gave the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara to QE for a wedding present - one of her own wedding presents. Princess Alice gave her Greek Meander Tiara to QE for a wedding present; QE later gave it to Princess Anne.

That's just a couple of examples of the royals passing on presents that they had been given. Prince Philip was still alive when his wedding present was passed on. I think that they see the Big Jewels very differently. Queen Camilla's two small necklaces (one with the initials of her grandchildren) that she wears almost every day as well as her Alhambra bracelet are probably the sort of thing that are actually treasured, similarly with Crown Princess Mary of Denmark who almost daily wears a gold pendant with the initials of her children and a diamond F for her husband (though that is probably worn with gritted teeth for PR at the moment).

Reactions: 6
The whole interview is a farce. The only thing Scobie doesn't deserve is facing racism. His work is mediocre enough, no need to go after him this way. But after this 2nd book, his tweets etc. let's not pretend he's not working in some capacities for Harry and Meghan's pr. At very least, he's regularly briefed.
He is white, he'll be all right. :rolleyes:

Paparazzi are 100% always called. If you see a paparazzi photo that's published, it's pretty obvious someone involved - the PR agency of the celebrity most likely - has called to get them photographed, to be seen and put in magazines, online, whatever. PR. Meghan's so happy she gets papped whenever Harry isn't around, then she can easily whine about it to him.
Although I'm not sure why she'd call them to photograph her looking like tit, or how do you say in Wokenese? ReLAtAbLE 😵

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.