The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish they would just tell us how the conversation went. They've made such a mountain out of it. We all know what Susan Hussey said, yet Harry came out and defended her, gushing that he and Meghan both "love her". I can't imagine the Archie comments were much worse than that, yet it was so traumatic for them that they've managed to drag it out over 3 years, a couple of books and various interviews.
I think Meghan did that very very purposefully. An element of mistique to make people wonder what exactly was said and who said it and just how bad was it?

she said when she was pregnant they had conversations about how the baby wouldn’t have security or a title (I mean, this latter point has since largely been torn apart, since great grandchildren of a reigning monarch don’t get titles. Which would suggest Meghan is seriously stretching the truth about the nature of those conversations).

then she mentioned how there were “concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be”
And I mean, if there was racist conversations, Meghan should absolutely call it out. But… she didn’t really do that.

it would’ve been easy to say, “Prince Charles said X”, or “Kate said Y”. These people are Archie’s family and on that basis, I would argue, deserved the benefit of the doubt before having conversations vaguely relayed to the public without any specifics or context. And if she’d confronted them privately and they’d continued to say insensitive/racist things then… sure. The world should know the U.K. heads of state are racist towards their own relative.

but she didn’t do that. I think if either Kate or Charles had said something overtly, obviously racist then Meghan would have relished in telling the world by now. But she hasn’t. Which makes me think it was a fairly innocent conversation along the lines of, wondering who Archie would look like more. And I don’t doubt Meghan felt out of place and has struggles I can’t understand as a biracial woman, but equally people don’t deserve to be indirectly called racist without any sort of proof. And by proof, I would’ve settled if Meghan had even just relayed the conversation as she recalled it.

I agree that I think this will largely all blow over. It’s a sinister ploy to generate hype and book sales, and so very transparent. Anyone in the H&M camp have lost all credibility, because there is just so much inconsistency in their narratives over the years. It’s shrugged off now.
---
It was so funny. Because everyone and their dog knows the BRF is not exactly the Brady Bunch. So yeah- this craziness is for sure the family she never had.
I do have so many question marks. I mean yeah of course the BRF has a racist history. Like all of Europe. And of course its structures are still work on systematic racism that’s everywhere. This change has started though and it will take some time to really see big changes. Its family members can be as anti-racist as they want they can’t change the history of the institution.
But H&M don’t have a problem with systematic racism at all. No they proudly wanted to still be on call for tours (in nice beachy destinations and celebrated by POC while representing the institution).
No, H&M took offence at some private conversations. So with individuals. And instead of letting them know they said something crappy and give them a chance to either clear up a misunderstanding or notice they hurt you they rather complained on TV. Only to layer have Harry say, on TV, they never even insinuated the RF or those conversations were racist. I mean WTF ?????? So what exactly was this whole episode about???
They don’t think the institution is the problem as they wanted to go along with it and to some extent do. And they never said someone in the family is racist.
meghab hadn’t heard of them and never googled them don’t forget, so how could she possibly have known all this 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think Meghan did that very very purposefully. An element of mistique to make people wonder what exactly was said and who said it and just how bad was it?

she said when she was pregnant they had conversations about how the baby wouldn’t have security or a title (I mean, this latter point has since largely been torn apart, since great grandchildren of a reigning monarch don’t get titles. Which would suggest Meghan is seriously stretching the truth about the nature of those conversations).

then she mentioned how there were “concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be”
And I mean, if there was racist conversations, Meghan should absolutely call it out. But… she didn’t really do that.

it would’ve been easy to say, “Prince Charles said X”, or “Kate said Y”. These people are Archie’s family and on that basis, I would argue, deserved the benefit of the doubt before having conversations vaguely relayed to the public without any specifics or context. And if she’d confronted them privately and they’d continued to say insensitive/racist things then… sure. The world should know the U.K. heads of state are racist towards their own relative.

but she didn’t do that. I think if either Kate or Charles had said something overtly, obviously racist then Meghan would have relished in telling the world by now. But she hasn’t. Which makes me think it was a fairly innocent conversation along the lines of, wondering who Archie would look like more. And I don’t doubt Meghan felt out of place and has struggles I can’t understand as a biracial woman, but equally people don’t deserve to be indirectly called racist without any sort of proof. And by proof, I would’ve settled if Meghan had even just relayed the conversation as she recalled it.

I agree that I think this will largely all blow over. It’s a sinister ploy to generate hype and book sales, and so very transparent. Anyone in the H&M camp have lost all credibility, because there is just so much inconsistency in their narratives over the years. It’s shrugged off now.
---

meghab hadn’t heard of them and never googled them don’t forget, so how could she possibly have known all this
I actually think it’s even less interesting than family wondering about who they’ll look more like. I reckon it was around the fears that Archie would be subjected to racism on social media and through the press like Meghan was/is. And a fear around that.

Prince William has openly said that in interviews he doesn’t care if his children are LGBT+ but he would worry about them because of the press and what they would say.

Genuinely I reckon it was around protecting Archie. I think if it had been anything else we would have known the proper conversation by now. But this angle of conversation makes Meghan look like a complete asshole who weaponising someone’s concern for her Son for political gain, which explains why it has taken so long to be leaked IMO.

Reactions: 12
I see that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have been roped in to accompany William and Kate to the Royal Variety Performance tonight.

On the one hand it’s good to see some interaction with the European Royals … on the other The Royal Variety Performance. Couldn’t you have started them off gently with Wimbledon or something

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I see that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have been roped in to accompany William and Kate to the Royal Variety Performance tonight.

On the one hand it’s good to see some interaction with the European Royals … on the other The Royal Variety Performance. Couldn’t you have started them off gently with Wimbledon or something
Isn’t their marriage supposed to be under strain? He’s been seen out with someone else? Imagine being watched for signs of stress in your relationship and you are stuck at the Royal Variety performance so looking bored/grumpy probably fairly easy to do and then everyone will be analysing it in context of the rumours.

Reactions: 1
Isn’t their marriage supposed to be under strain? He’s been seen out with someone else? Imagine being watched for signs of stress in your relationship and you are stuck at the Royal Variety performance so looking bored/grumpy probably fairly easy to do and then everyone will be analysing it in context of the rumours.
That's the Danish pair I think

Reactions: 2
That’s Fred and Mary of Denmark. Victoria and Daniel were victim to some bad rumours a few years ago about their marriage and actually made a public statement to say it was all nonsense, which seemed very unlike a royal couple to respond to salacious gossip.

Reactions: 5
Eugenie was on the Table Manners pod and apparently it sounded a bit awkward and out of touch according to a gossip podcast I listen to. Anyone heard the episode?

Reactions: 3
My thing with this whole “racist” comment though, is whatever it was was said in private to family. Why do we need to know what’s said in private to family? Are we expected to believe Meghan never made sly comments about Kate/Camilla to Harry?

This is where you have to separate the institution from the family. If the Queen or the institution decided Archie wasn’t allowed a title or security because he was going to be mixed race and they didn’t want a prince who wasn’t 100% white, that’s a huge issue that the public should know about and have an opinion on.

What someone says behind closed doors to fellow family members is in my opinion none of our business and people only want to know because they enjoy the gossip and drama (myself included fyi)

People have known for nearly 3 years there was apparently a “racist royal” and it didn’t stop crowds coming out to see them, people celebrating the coronation etc, just because they now have a name from the bunch doesn’t change anything

Reactions: 14
To be fair to Philip, for all his faults, he’s a man who knew what it’s like to be treated as lesser, thought of as lesser and treated as a bit of an outcast.
Yeah, being a prince didn't stop him from having a pretty crap childhood. He wrote 'of no fixed abode' in the guest book of one house because he never knew which relative would be able to take him in for a boarding school holiday. I wonder if the school fees were also paid by family for 'the poor relation'. No wonder he saw Gordonstoun as a strong point in his life.

Reactions: 9
I really don’t like the fact that Scobie appears to have tried to blame the translators for the names ending up in the book. I thought that was low.

Reactions: 24
I really don’t like the fact that Scobie appears to have tried to blame the translators for the names ending up in the book. I thought that was low.
I think it reflects Scobie's dubious character and the overall tone of the "book". Trashy gossip and speculation

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Did anyone see him on This Morning today? He seemed quite fragile….he did say he didn’t write those names but they couldn’t just appear ! That bit doesn’t make sense

Reactions: 8
I thought the This Morning interview was actually relatively good in that they actually questioned him and pushed back a bit, more so than the US ones have anyway.

The woman who did the Dutch translation has now come out and said the names were in the manuscript she received - I mean good for her, this is her career and she's being made to look like she's the one who messed up

Reactions: 25
Did anyone see him on This Morning today? He seemed quite fragile….he did say he didn’t write those names but they couldn’t just appear ! That bit doesn’t make sense
He is a proven liar. He denied Meghan had anything to do with his first book until emails were shown in court that showed otherwise.
I think this may well backfire on him. Who wants to buy a book that is written by someone who struggles to tell the truth?

Reactions: 15
How could it be a mistranslation? Names don't even need to be translated. Hope Scobie is completely discredited and disappears from TV screens.

Reactions: 12
He looked like he was in way too deep with it all. He’s claimed that a head of state has been racially offensive to a mixed race member of their family. It’s quite a claim and it goes beyond normal gossip.

Reactions: 17
How could it be a mistranslation? Names don't even need to be translated. Hope Scobie is completely discredited and disappears from TV screens.
I‘m sure I read yesterday that he said “Charles” meant something else in Dutch!
You couldn't make it up! (Except he did) 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm sorry to sound so bitchy but Omid is so odd and plastic looking. He reminds me of Michael Jackson.

Reactions: 9
Omid knows he is in way too over his head and he’s got a huge issue now. He’s either going to get sued by one of the biggest institutions in the world or he’s going to find it increasingly hard to find work because no credible publication or channel will risk having him on in case another stunt like this is pulled and they find themselves in their own law suit

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.