The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Piers definitely okayed that with the palace first off the record

Reactions: 12
So who was the original one?

It’s gone from: there was a racist conversation, to there were racist conversations, to none of them are racist we didn’t say that, to its King Charles, to there’s actually two racists

bleeping hell, make your mind up. It’s nearly 3 years since they did that interview

Reactions: 17
I remember that years ago (20-25?) that it was reported that Charles had commented on how white the Guards regiments and Household Cavalry were and that he felt that they were being institutionally racist in their recruitment. Certainly you never saw a black face at Trooping the Colour etc then whereas now you do as well as Sikh in their turbans. The King's Troop, Royal Horse Artillery (the ones that do the gun salutes in Hyde Park) are no longer totally white either.

The late Queen Elizabeth had at least one black officer as an equerry. The Royal Household staff that you see in uniform are also now racially mixed. It may take time for people to rise through the ranks and gain the knowledge and experience to run the Households.

There was a story reported about Prince Philip at the time of his death told by a former member of White House staff. Apparently, when he was a butler at the WH, Philip was there on a visit, whether with QE or not. He and another butler went to do something in Philip's room and unexpectedly found him there. They went to leave but he asked them to sit down, poured them a drink each from the drinks tray, and sat talking to them for a while, asking them about their work and their lives. At least one of them was black and they said that Philip treated them far better than other guests and certainly better than they were used to in a still largely segregated USA.

Like Philip, I can see Charles maybe saying something that would now be considered racist or politically correct but without being racist in thought or action. There were some pretty racist words going around when they were growing up.
To be fair to Philip, for all his faults, he’s a man who knew what it’s like to be treated as lesser, thought of as lesser and treated as a bit of an outcast.
---
Oh he's removing their last remaining trump card. I'm so here for it.
I can’t stand Piers Morgan, I really can’t. But I feel he’s on a level playing field with Harry and Meghan. They are a trio of odious people fighting it out, which makes great entertainment.

I wonder if Meghan is rueing the day she ghosted him and told her suits co-stars to do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I suppose the way to tell their commitment to the cause since leaving the royal family is how many of their current staff represent those not at the upper echelons of the royal family. Is Archewell headed up by a middle aged white guy?
"Archetypes", which went down like a lead balloon, was produced by 10-12 white women.
The ever-revolving door of part-time executives at Archewell is always white.

Reactions: 12
So who was the original one?

It’s gone from: there was a racist conversation, to there were racist conversations, to none of them are racist we didn’t say that, to its King Charles, to there’s actually two racists

bleeping hell, make your mind up. It’s nearly 3 years since they did that interview
This the trouble when you tell “your truth” rather than the actual truth, you have to have a good memory to recall what you originally said!

Also Harry said he’d never repeat the conversation. Is that because if the general public actually heard what was said in context we’d all say “huh, is that it?!”

Reactions: 13
This the trouble when you tell “your truth” rather than the actual truth, you have to have a good memory to recall what you originally said!

Also Harry said he’d never repeat the conversation. Is that because if the general public actually heard what was said in context we’d all say “huh, is that it?!”
I’m strongly of the impression that Meghan totally blindsided Harry with a lot of stuff in the Oprah interview and in others.

The racism allegations with Oprah - Harry wasn’t actually there. It was all very dramatic. Meghan was sighing and looking upset. Oprah paused and looked shocked and aghast. There was a lot of theatrics. It didn’t look or feel genuine to me. It looked like an attempt to make it a dramatic as declaration as they could without providing any details or anything of substance. I don’t think Harry would have gotten involved in that type of public allegation. He’s since done a very messy backtrack in his interview with Tom Bradby. Meghan didn’t call anyone racist, the media did. Has he watched the same interview as the rest of us?! There was hardly any way to misconstrue the feeling and meaning behind that statement. Meghan sat looking pregnant and vulnerable and forlorn. She didn’t need to explicitly call them racist, it was heavily implied. How is he able to do the mental gymnastics to pin that one on the media?

It’s not the only time Harry has had to cover up for Meghan’s lies/inconsistencies or dramatisations. She also made the claim they were married in secret three days before. It’s the part of the interview when they are with the chickens. Meghan starts talking some bull about how they called up the arch bishop to marry them because they wanted their Union to be just for them. Harry notably says nothing and his head is down. He knows it’s all crap. So much so that he clears it up and clarifies in his book in Spare… he knew it wasn’t a legal ceremony, they just felt that they were getting married for them. Uh huh.

I’ve seen clips from their Netflix series where Meghan does an exaggerated curtesy and pretends she didn’t know she’d need to do one for the Queen. Harry notabley looks stiff and uncomfortable beside her. Again, he felt the need to clarify in his book that she did know how to curtesy because Fergie came out and quickly showed her.

Reading Spare, it struck me that Cressida sounded like the most emotionally mature relationship Harry was in. It was stable, it was sweet, it was honest. There were no theatrics, no magazine covers/interviews with Cressida capitalising on the fame. She was the first woman he felt safe enough with, emotionally, to cry. And he broke up with her.

sounds to me like Harry just wasn’t ready to deal with that outpouring of emotion. Humans are conditioned to stick to what is familiar, even if it’s toxic. Harry, I think, wasn’t used to the emotional stability and safety Cressida offered. It was unfamiliar territory. So he mistook it as her being the “wrong” girl for him and ended things.

sounds to me like Meghan gave him what he wanted - she appeased him and indulged him. She perpetuated the fantasies he wanted, where he was the maligned, wronged victim. Where theirs was the love story to end all love stories. And he was happy to go along with the delusion, because he’s a man child who isn’t ready to live in reality. Now that they are married, with children and hes isolated from friends and family - I think Meghan feels more comfortable in throwing out accusations and theatrics. I wonder how many more times Harry has to backtrack on her fibs before he starts to realise something isn’t right?

his wife has been very quick to throw his family under the bus. To capitalise on his family name and heritage whilst making nasty allegations against the same people. Does it strike him as a little unsavoury that instead of trying to foster as good a relationship as possible between him and his family (like most loving wives would do), or at a minimum support him emotionally in private at mourning the loss of family ties… instead Meghan is gleefully joining him in adding fuel to the fire. How does he not hear alarm bells?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Alarm bells should have been ringing when she could only rustle up one family member to attend their wedding and her ‘friends’ who sat closest in the abbey were people she met a handful of times.
She married Harry for clout and has alienated him from friends and family so they can write the great love story of how it’s the two of them against the world. Professional victims

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really don’t think BP have much to worry about with all this. Give it a couple of weeks and everyone will be off for Christmas and then there will be a new breaking news story to occupy the headlines. That’s exactly why never explain never complain worked so well for the Queen, you just ride out the hysteria for a couple of weeks and soon everybody moves on.

If the names had come out at the time of Oprah I think it would have been different but nearly 3 years down the line they have lied so much, changed their story so much and annoyed everyone so much that the majority are now past caring

Reactions: 16
I think it’s fair to say… Harry has ignored many red flags. And it’s probably a reflection on how traumatised/maladaptive he is tbh.

Reactions: 4
I can’t stand Piers Morgan, I really can’t. But I feel he’s on a level playing field with Harry and Meghan. They are a trio of odious people fighting it out, which makes great entertainment.

I wonder if Meghan is rueing the day she ghosted him and told her suits co-stars to do the same.
I remember Piers telling Rick Hoffman (lLouis Litt) to do one after he got back in touch with Piers after the wedding and basically said he'd been told to drop all contact.

I'm glad this is all out in the open. Nothing left for Harry and Megan to hold over TRF.

Reactions: 4
I wish they would just tell us how the conversation went. They've made such a mountain out of it. We all know what Susan Hussey said, yet Harry came out and defended her, gushing that he and Meghan both "love her". I can't imagine the Archie comments were much worse than that, yet it was so traumatic for them that they've managed to drag it out over 3 years, a couple of books and various interviews.

Reactions: 8
Don't know why all the media is giving air time to this Omie Scobie person (reminds me of kombucha every time I hear that surname)

I think it's laughable...really mills and boon type writing...not enough eye rolls...and for M&H not to come out and distance themselves from it just adds more eye rolls.

I'm so done with this Meghan and Royal Family lark.

One family member at her wedding?!. Wasn't right from the start.

Can we go back to Air Miles Andy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Don't know why all the media is giving air time to this Omie Scobie person (reminds me of kombucha every time I hear that surname)

I think it's laughable...really mills and boon type writing...not enough eye rolls...and for M&H not to come out and distance themselves from it just adds more eye rolls.

I'm so done with this Meghan and Royal Family lark.

One family member at her wedding?!. Wasn't right from the start.

Can we go back to Air Miles Andy.
Remember before the wedding and Harry gave an interview on the radio saying Meghan loved being with his family as 'they were the family she never had' and all the Markles were all 'What?!!" 🤪

At the time we all thought the Markles were mad, now I see they all had a point.

Reactions: 10
I remember Piers telling Rick Hoffman (lLouis Litt) to do one after he got back in touch with Piers after the wedding and basically said he'd been told to drop all contact.

I'm glad this is all out in the open. Nothing left for Harry and Megan to hold over TRF.
yeh, IIRC piers even printed the text exchange (it might’ve been via Twitter DMs)

Reactions: 1
yeh, IIRC piers even printed the text exchange (it might’ve been via Twitter DMs)
He did. I don't blame him for being cheesed off.

There was no need to just ghost him. Meghan could have just said please don't mention me in any articles or just be very generic. Maybe Rick couldn't trust himself. 🤣

Reactions: 2
Remember before the wedding and Harry gave an interview on the radio saying Meghan loved being with his family as 'they were the family she never had' and all the Markles were all 'What?!!" 🤪

At the time we all thought the Markles were mad, now I see they all had a point.
It was so funny. Because everyone and their dog knows the BRF is not exactly the Brady Bunch. So yeah- this craziness is for sure the family she never had.
I do have so many question marks. I mean yeah of course the BRF has a racist history. Like all of Europe. And of course its structures are still work on systematic racism that’s everywhere. This change has started though and it will take some time to really see big changes. Its family members can be as anti-racist as they want they can’t change the history of the institution.
But H&M don’t have a problem with systematic racism at all. No they proudly wanted to still be on call for tours (in nice beachy destinations and celebrated by POC while representing the institution).
No, H&M took offence at some private conversations. So with individuals. And instead of letting them know they said something crappy and give them a chance to either clear up a misunderstanding or notice they hurt you they rather complained on TV. Only to layer have Harry say, on TV, they never even insinuated the RF or those conversations were racist. I mean WTF ?????? So what exactly was this whole episode about???
They don’t think the institution is the problem as they wanted to go along with it and to some extent do. And they never said someone in the family is racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.