The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why doesn't William just keep his head shaved like Jason Statham, rather than leaving some hair behind. It reminds me of those blokes who have a combover on top of their head with the few strands they have remaining lol just looks silly.
It is weird isn't it. It's not even like he'd have to shave it himself like the average guy, he'd have someone to do it for him

Reactions: 4
She did ditch it for a while and looked better for it, idk why it’s come back.

The Duchess of Gloucester is also wearing a rarely seen tiara. Maybe Charles heard the complaints of the coronation headgear 😂
Maybe with Angela Kelly retiring the doors to the vault are no longer as tightly shut. It feels as if the rules of who is allowed to wear which piece have relaxed a bit now that QE2 has passed? I don't think Kate could have worn the Queen mum's tiara during QE's lifetime. It felt as if she had been given her wedding tiara and the lover's knot and that was it.

Maybe with Angela Kelly retiring the doors to the vault are no longer as tightly shut. It feels as if the rules of who is allowed to wear which piece have relaxed a bit now that QE2 has passed? I don't think Kate could have worn the Queen mum's tiara during QE's lifetime. It felt as if she had been given her wedding tiara and the lover's knot and that was it.
Would the Queen Mum’s tiara be a personal possession - it was given to her by her parents - rather than part of the royal collection? If so, it was probably left to the Queen as a personal possession and has now been handed down?

I find her quite aspirational in that aspect. I’m fairly politically minded and opinionated, but I also know how unpalatable it can come across in certain situations. I find her public persona of being kind, friendly, ladylike and classic nice to see and quite an aspirational way to behave in todays society of Kardashian’s and everyone thinking they need to shout their opinions louder than anyone else.
She’s clearly accomplished in many ways, maybe no she doesn’t have a career but being the future monarch and maintaining a public role, I imagine keeps her busy in itself. She’s intelligent, clearly has hobbies/interests of her own. Can play piano, an interest in photography etc etc. She’s not exactly a terrible role model for young women today.
I’d disagree. She is pretty terrible as a role model. Not in the overt way like say, the Kardashians are.

but I’d say she’s bad in a more subtle way. What message does she send out? What does she inspire? Keep your head down, look pretty and marry well..? That’s exactly the opposite of what I would want younger generations to aspire to. Wait around a decade for a man to decide you’re worth marrying? Let him break up with you but only if his status is high enough and play mind games with him via the press if you can? Revolve your life and career around a man willing to dump you?

it’s just as bad as the kardashian’s money grabbing and exploiting women’s insecurities. It’s different, but just as damaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Love seeing the Strathmore Rose tiara but the hair is terrible. I think she needs a makeup intervention - remember she had those really thick brows for awhile after she did Vogue? It just doesn't 'fit' together. It's not WOW! like the James Bond premiere outfit which was freaking stunning or the one-shouldered white BAFTA gown (sans stupid gloves). The gloves are ridiculous.

Camilla looks WONDERFUL! Sophie looks nice too - now there's a lady to look up to in the BRF, and Anne too.
Sophie’s banquet dress looks like a second wearing of her coronation ceremony dress?

Reactions: 3
I’d disagree. She is pretty terrible as a role model. Not in the overt way like say, the Kardashians are.

but I’d say she’s bad in a more subtle way. What message does she send out? What does she inspire? Keep your head down, look pretty and marry well..? That’s exactly the opposite of what I would want younger generations to aspire to. Wait around a decade for a man to decide you’re worth marrying? Let him break up with you but only if his status is high enough and play mind games with him via the press if you can? Revolve your life and career around a man willing to dump you?

it’s just as bad as the kardashian’s money grabbing and exploiting women’s insecurities. It’s different, but just as damaging.

Meghan??? Is that you??? Face is he married Kate and you to settle for the spare 😉😉😉

While you don't agree with her decision to hang around and wait for William, it was her choice

Women (and men) make bad decisions every single thanks to 'love'

And I watched the news tonight - they interviewed a woman who was contemplating giving up her dog because of the cost of living and a disabled woman who can't afford to turn her heating on.

So tell me again that Kate made the wrong decision???

Reactions: 6
Ooh love Camilla’s tiara. Don’t think I recall seeing one with (presume) rubies in before? I feel like we’re seeing lots of jewels we haven’t seen for a long time. I love it!

I don’t know.. could be wrong… Is there trouble in paradise regarding wills and Kate.. I was looking at an article in the daily fail coverage recently about state visit.. they looked in the pictures as if they had serious row.. then up comes pictures of Diana and Charles on the last ever tour.. they couldn’t stand to be beside each other… Do you think the press are hinting at something.. it seems strange
---
Meghan??? Is that you??? Face is he married Kate and you to settle for the spare 😉😉😉

While you don't agree with her decision to hang around and wait for William, it was her choice

Women (and men) make bad decisions every single thanks to 'love'

And I watched the news tonight - they interviewed a woman who was contemplating giving up her dog because of the cost of living and a disabled woman who can't afford to turn her heating on.

So tell me again that Kate made the wrong decision???
If I had my time back I would marry well!! Off course get my degree and education, why not have a great life three holidays a year.. Children looked after, not having to worry about bills.. not have to get out of bed at six in the morning to travel to work for two hours.. instead just roll out of bed and be able to do what you want for the day while kids are at school..best of luck to her I’d say

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I think it was a bit of a faux pas that both Kate and Sophie wore white dresses. But maybe I’m not a fan of the style of dresses.
---
She’s clearly accomplished in many ways
When you say she’s accomplished in many ways how do you mean? This isn’t me being sarcastic, I just find because we don’t know much about her we also don’t know much about her accomplishments. She can take photographs, play the piano and is sporty but not sure what else.

Reactions: 3

Why is it always seen as she waited around for him to marry her? They were in a long term relationship after meeting as teenagers and got engaged at 28 or 29. They had a small break up in the middle and came back together. It doesn’t seem unfathomable that two people who meet at the start of their adulthood could have a problem in their mid 20s when they’re growing up together through their relationship. They worked through it, got back together and have been married 12 years with 3 kids. If they got married and broke up a few years in I could maybe understand it, but at least to me, it seems like 2 rationale adults, taking the commitment very seriously and not rushing into anything.

I’ve been with my partner 10 years and we met when were 18/19 and I’d hate for people to think I’m waiting around for him to propose when it’s a conscious decision both of us have made, and I’m not even marrying into the spotlight of the world and press. There’s nothing to say Kate and William hadn’t also had those conversations at 24/25/26 about their future, or that Kate wasn’t the one driving the conversations to say she didn’t want to become a full time working royal wife at 25.

I don’t really see a problem with marrying to a standard you want. A lot of cultures around the world still do arranged marriages because they benefit the family and the two marrying each other, with the hope it grows to love. People said the same about Meghan, but they were both lucky enough to find men that provide a lifestyle they want & who they loved, good for them.

Reactions: 13
Yeah, she's accomplished in - what? Being super thin? Having nice hair extensions?

I think Camilla's tiara is the Burmese ruby tiara which was a monstrosity created by HMTQ who imo had terrible jewelry sense, lol but it somehow looks better on Camilla?

Kate 100% waited around for him to marry her through multiple break ups. Did absolutely nothing except wait around for him. She had to pretend to work and even still she arranged her life around pleasing him and what his needs were. They didn't have 'one small break up' but plenty of them. I think she totally wanted to live this life - which is why so many women turned Harry and William both down, they aren't catches by any means except their status and the potential for a cushy life. (Meghan never loved Harry imo it's pretty obvious he has always been means to an end for her. But oh is he mad about her!)

My problem with the optics of it is she did nothing with her life or herself to improve herself, to really work, to enjoy her twenties - just at the beck and call of a man, but that was the way to snag William. Be who he wanted and demanded of her now she reaps the benefits - I think she's steely and determined in that respect, just like Meghan, a little ruthless.

Reactions: 9
I love that tiara too. I wish her hairdresser would do her hair in such a way that the band of the tiara is covered. I really think she should ditch her stylists. She’s now second most powerful woman in the Royal Family but her look just isn’t working for me.
I think that's the problem she doesn't have a proper one - just an aide who's fashion sense she likes.

Reactions: 2
IMG_2003.jpeg

I genuinely can’t believe how much of a glow up this woman has had. She looks so good!

Red is definitely her colour.

Reactions: 14
The Korean football team is known as “the Red Devils” and red is the colour for women in South Korea, so I imagine Catherine and Camilla wore red to honour their South Korean guests.

Reactions: 9

I’ve said what is good about her as a role model in my opinion. She come across kind, friendly, ladylike, and as someone who has hobbies and interests.
Plenty of women get messed around by men they love, whether they’re cleaners or well to do marrying into money. It doesn’t make you a bad role model. I think exacting standards for any woman are pretty anti-feminist. She’s made her own choices, she doesn’t come across as a bad person, she seems to be a good mother who wants to do right by her children.
And this issue with looking pretty. I love looking nice and getting a blow dry and going shopping. But I also have interests and opinions. It’s not black and white. There’s a famous French saying “pour vivre heureux, vivons cachés” - to live happily, live hidden. She can’t hide away due to her role in the RF, but she can present herself as she wants and not portray every side of her personality.
---
I find it amusing that people who are saying we know nothing about her to know she has accomplishments or personality do seem to know exactly what was going on in her relationship and life when she was in her mid 20s to know she was waiting around to marry a Prince.
And as for accomplishments, since when is having a university degree, being talented (enough) at photography, piano, sports to do then with the whole world watching and not look a fool, and raise 3 seemingly happy healthy children not being accomplished ? There’s millions of women around the world doing far less and still very happy. Who also probably keep their political / controversial opinions to themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Why doesn't William just keep his head shaved like Jason Statham, rather than leaving some hair behind. It reminds me of those blokes who have a combover on top of their head with the few strands they have remaining lol just looks silly.
Maybe he's channelling the late Bobby Charlton..or maybe he just likes it this way?
---
View attachment 2585845

I genuinely can’t believe how much of a glow up this woman has had. She looks so good!

Red is definitely her colour.
Weren't some people diagnosing Camilla with all sorts of dire illnesses only a short while ago? Maybe time to revise that opinion now?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’ve said what is good about her as a role model in my opinion. She come across kind, friendly, ladylike, and as someone who has hobbies and interests.
Plenty of women get messed around by men they love, whether they’re cleaners or well to do marrying into money. It doesn’t make you a bad role model. I think exacting standards for any woman are pretty anti-feminist. She’s made her own choices, she doesn’t come across as a bad person, she seems to be a good mother who wants to do right by her children.
And this issue with looking pretty. I love looking nice and getting a blow dry and going shopping. But I also have interests and opinions. It’s not black and white. There’s a famous French saying “pour vivre heureux, vivons cachés” - to live happily, live hidden. She can’t hide away due to her role in the RF, but she can present herself as she wants and not portray every side of her personality.
---
I find it amusing that people who are saying we know nothing about her to know she has accomplishments or personality do seem to know exactly what was going on in her relationship and life when she was in her mid 20s to know she was waiting around to marry a Prince.
And as for accomplishments, since when is having a university degree, being talented (enough) at photography, piano, sports to do then with the whole world watching and not look a fool, and raise 3 seemingly happy healthy children not being accomplished ? There’s millions of women around the world doing far less and still very happy. Who also probably keep their political / controversial opinions to themselves.
I’ve always assumed that she was learning the ropes in the ‘waity’ years. No way would William want her to end up like his mother. Kate has never put a foot wrong (unlike Sophie who people praise!). She was obviously learning how to be the perfect royal behind the scenes.

• Haha
I’ve always assumed that she was learning the ropes in the ‘waity’ years. No way would William want her to end up like his mother. Kate has never put a foot wrong (unlike Sophie who people praise!). She was obviously learning how to be the perfect royal behind the scenes.
I think that’s just what kate/will-stans tell themselves to romanticise their relationship. It’s a nicer alternative to the reality that Kate was mostly seen shopping on the Kings road in those years, living in a flat her parents bought for her. In reality, if memory serves, the Queen found it disappointing that Kate didn’t have a proper career, which is what supposedly prompted her stint at jigsaw. Belle Robinson (jigsaw founder) gave a good review of Kate but was open about how she’d asked for a job (3 days a week) that allowed her to be flexible because she was dating a high profile man. This was circa 2006 I believe. And really it’s the very definition of moulding your life to fit around someone else.

belle was also clear that Kate didn’t get any official support; so it’s not like the palace were involved in grooming her for royal life.

in the decade of dating Prince William, you’d assume that Kate would take up endeavours that would prepare her for such a role; charity work, public speaking. But Kate never did that, she paid lip service to a career at jigsaw but it’s clear her priority lay in making herself available to William.

the reality is that there was no “preparing” for royal life. As far as the royal family are concerned, unless you’re officially engaged, you’re not in the door and they have nothing to do with you.

I think for William, he was never 100% sure on Kate. I can’t speak for the inner workings of his mind, obviously. But it’s telling that he broke up with her. It’s telling that he waited a decade before marrying her. It’s telling that he wasn’t super excited to tell his brother he was about to propose. It’s telling that he got drunk the night before the wedding. IMO, Prince Harry is saying a lot in spare without saying it.

i think their marriage is based on a lot of pragmatism with some affection, rather than deep profound love and intimacy. I just don’t think there’s evidence that Kate was using that decade to “learn the ropes”. I think at best, she stuck it out and it showed William she was the best candidate he was ever likely to find.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.