The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a big fan of the Royal Family. As I've said before, I want to live in the independent Republic of Scotland.

But I do feel that no matter what the Royals do, they get it in the neck no matter what they do. Yes, I do think Big Willie and Waitey Katie could do more. But why would you??? It's not like they've got an employment contract with defined hours.

The generational pain thing has been well documented. But life was definitely different years ago. For instance, It was quite common in Irish Families for the eldest female child to be sent to live with granny to care her.

I'm in my 50s and I think we were all much more self sufficient compared to kids these days. I was a latch key kid. People with big families were used to caring for younger siblings.

The Royals, despite all their tradegies, always had the cushion of money and someone, nannies, grannies, etc to provide love and support.

Personally I'm sick of the Poor Charles, abandoned by his mum - Anne, also abandoned, is the most normal member of that family.

And I think Harry should have tried to follow the same life path as Anne. Instead he's followed Andrew - mummy's special little boy!!!

At the end of day, we all have issues in our childhood which we can either wallow in or rise above.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm not a big fan of the Royal Family. As I've said before, I want to live in the independent Republic of Scotland.

But I do feel that no matter what the Royals do, they get it in the neck no matter what they do. Yes, I do think Big Willie and Waitey Katie could do more. But why would you??? It's not like they've got an employment contract with defined hours.

The generational pain thing has been well documented. But life was definitely different years ago. For instance, It was quite common in Irish Families for the eldest female child to be sent to live with granny to care her.

I'm in my 50s and I think we were all much more self sufficient compared to kids these days. I was a latch key kid. People with big families were used to caring for younger siblings.

The Royals, despite all their tradegies, always had the cushion of money and someone, nannies, grannies, etc to provide love and support.

Personally I'm sick of the Poor Charles, abandoned by his mum - Anne, also abandoned, is the most normal member of that family.

And I think Harry should have tried to follow the same life path as Anne. Instead he's followed Andrew - mummy's special little boy!!!

At the end of day, we all have issues in our childhood which we can either wallow in or rise above.
I was nodding along until it got to this bit. Harry might be a bit of a tosser, but comparing him to the sweaty pervert? Nah.

Reactions: 9
I think it’s fine if people use their privileges to spend more time with the children. Just because others can’t doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. That’s like saying, because some families can’t afford to go the the movies other families shouldn’t as well.
I also don’t see a problem with W&K going to go about their work separately. If they would actually work consistently
The problem is that even in the weeks they are supposedly working, from the outside, look lacklustre. K&W could easily be out 3 out of 5 days from 9-15/16. That’s another two days with working from the office.

And I have to agree with @Glaschelle in some parts. Almost everyone has to endure some not so ideal circumstances in their childhood. Almost everyone is screwed up in one way or the other. Parents make mistakes. Society norms change. But people are not really happier or more resilient than a decade ago. While the fear of war, hunger, corporal punishment has been lowered, the younger generations have their own fields that bother them tremendously that are absolutely no issue for older generations. If you come to terms with your past and develop a happy enough present is very individual. Resilience is the topic in some new long term studies. It seems the numbers haven’t changed for the worse at all. And while would agree that the RF looks like a pretty dysfunctional family in some aspects that is no excuse for the behaviour they show sometimes. It is often not even possible to create a real causality. Maybe Andrew was spoiled. Doesn’t mean that is why he ended up like that. I think it’s great that the Queen felt she could have a closer, warmer relationship to her younger children. Probably regretting and overcompensating. Quite human I say. Parents can’t necessarily foresee how something they do out of love might be diametral to their children’s behaviour. And not two children are alike. Charles seems to have suffered as a child but they came to terms when he got older. Anne, even though being treated horribly by the nannies seems to have done just fine and didn’t hold a grudge against her parents to put her in this position.
And I think that nothing would have prevented PA to turn out as the horrible human he is. But a lot of his actions could have been prevented. That’s the real mistake his parents made.
H, in my unprofessional opinion, would massively benefit from putting a line under his childhood. Shifting his focus into the now without tying everything back into something from the past. It’s fine to acknowledge that it’s hard at the moment and that conflicts stop him from having a warm relationship with his family right now. But he seems to be unable to move on from it. I think he needs a change of therapy. The practical aspect of humanistic and/or behavioural approach seem to be better suited than an introspective centred, integrative/holistic therapy. Just my two cents armchair diagnosis with no professional background.

Reactions: 7
I was nodding along until it got to this bit. Harry might be a bit of a tosser, but comparing him to the sweaty pervert? Nah.
Sorry I only used Randy Andy to illustrate the mummy's special boy which they both seemed to be.

On a separate point, the FBI need to move a bit quicker cos I defo think that they're trying to Rehab Sweaty Betty and bring him back into the fold.

Yes the Royal Family are that mental that they think people will forgot ££££ paid to someone they claim never to have met!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This do at the Palace of Versailles looks very glamorous.

Camilla and Brigitte in matching colours.

Reactions: 4
This do at the Palace of Versailles looks very glamorous.

Camilla and Brigitte in matching colours.
I like Camilla's caped look.

TBH if we're going to pay for a monarchy then I'm all for these glitzy events and the pomp and circumstance (the RAF photos from earlier today are amazing if you haven't already seen them)

I'd much rather look at all this than have them bleating on trying to be relatable

Reactions: 16
I like Camilla's caped look.

TBH if we're going to pay for a monarchy then I'm all for these glitzy events and the pomp and circumstance (the RAF photos from earlier today are amazing if you haven't already seen them)

I'd much rather look at all this than have them bleating on trying to be relatable
Have to agree. Personally I like seeing all the glitz and glamour 👑

Reactions: 3
Love the glitz and glamour and I also loved both Camilla's outfits today, that sugar pink was very pretty and flattering, and the ink blue caped creation this evening was magnificent with those amazing sapphires.

James English the podcaster interviews one of the Royal protection officers. Andrew is a spoilt tit who has been mollycoddled his whole life and no one said No to him. Think Charles will try and bring him back in 🤢 Harry needs to suck it up. William has dealt with his mother’s death (as much as anyone can losing their mother at that age) and has moved on. I also think Camilla is quite likeable! I wouldn’t have said that several years ago but she seems to have a sparky personality and I do like the pomp and ceremony but that’s me

Reactions: 5
After watching King Charles on his state visit to France it just reinforces my belief that having TRF as a non political head of state is a very good thing.

Watching Macron interact with King Charles is heartwarming. I was really touched by the wreath laying ceremony at the Arc De Triomphe yesterday.
I loved the singing of the National Anthems. Watch from 11.04 ...

Macron is showing King Charles a respect he never shows any of our stupid politicians or prime ministers. It has bolstered our relationship with France more than any visit Rishi could achieve.

No matter what head is ruining our country we always have a solid, dependable, representative.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That singing is lovely.

Charles seems slightly emotional, on the one hand, he looks like he is living his best life but probably thinking of his mother too.

Reactions: 3
That singing is lovely.

Charles seems slightly emotional, on the one hand, he looks like he is living his best life but probably thinking of his mother too.
I thought that also must still be strange hearing the National Anthem for him now after all these years of God Save the Queen.

James English the podcaster interviews one of the Royal protection officers. Andrew is a spoilt tit who has been mollycoddled his whole life and no one said No to him. Think Charles will try and bring him back in 🤢 Harry needs to suck it up. William has dealt with his mother’s death (as much as anyone can losing their mother at that age) and has moved on. I also think Camilla is quite likeable! I wouldn’t have said that several years ago but she seems to have a sparky personality and I do like the pomp and ceremony but that’s me
i really don’t think Charles will try to rehabilitate Andrew. Even the Queen saw that would be a bad idea and he was the favourite son. I think he will be seen at family events but that’s it. Andrew is nearly at retirement age so why get him involved again in public duties for such a brief time. I think the government would be against it too.

Reactions: 12
i really don’t think Charles will try to rehabilitate Andrew. Even the Queen saw that would be a bad idea and he was the favourite son. I think he will be seen at family events but that’s it. Andrew is nearly at retirement age so why get him involved again in public duties for such a brief time. I think the government would be against it too.
I think a lot of people are forgetting how entitled Andrew is and I don't think he gives them much choice when he talks to the press at family events and wearing medals and uniforms he's not meant to be wearing. He's also refusing to give up his Royal residence he has zero need for too because of his self importance.

Charles has probably resigned himself to this and its better to keep him close than him going off and doing paid interviews etc. despite how fucked up that is to the victims.

Reactions: 10
I am enjoying seeing the footage of him bumping into the mountain bikers in Scotland too. I think another aspect of why the royals can be good for the U.K. as a head of state is that they engage more naturally with the common man, than say Rishi would. (To some) it’s a special occurrence to meet them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Prince Andrew's home has 98 acres and 30 rooms, including 7 bedrooms spread across the two uppermost floors. It also has a small cottage within the grounds.

He lives there alone (perhaps with Fergie sometimes).

This is clearly a ridiculous building for one person.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
When you look at the welcome they’ve had in France, you see why having a HoS who is above politics has its benefits. No way would Rishi get that welcome, because it’s too political and there’s too much room to clash etc. The strength a monarch can bring to crucial relations with other countries shouldn’t be overlooked

Reactions: 17
Charles also got a standing ovation from the French Senate. The one thing I was surprised about was people cheering him in the street.

The French might not have liked their own Royal Family but they seem to like ours. 🤣

I also thought Charle's interaction with bikers was lovely too. Very natural.

Reactions: 11
Charles also got a standing ovation from the French Senate. The one thing I was surprised about was people cheering him in the street.

The French might not have liked their own Royal Family but they seem to like ours. 🤣

I also thought Charle's interaction with bikers was lovely too. Very natural.
Well they would. They don’t have to pay for them!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.