The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The marching is a bit odd but she’s not technically a civilian as they still have their titles. As for her outfit I’m not sure what people want her to wear
She is a civilian. She doesn't hold any military appointments, honorary or otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t have a problem with her being there, supporting Harry, meeting the athletes, handing out medals etc but it is a bit weird that she walked in procession with them. More that it just looked so awkward and the lacklustre clapping in the background didn’t help. And it’s a bit like, why are you in the procession? It would have been a bit like Kate or Wills walking out with the rugby teams last week - odd

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t have a problem with her being there, supporting Harry, meeting the athletes, handing out medals etc but it is a bit weird that she walked in procession with them. More that it just looked so awkward and the lacklustre clapping in the background didn’t help. And it’s a bit like, why are you in the procession? It would have been a bit like Kate or Wills walking out with the rugby teams last week - odd
honestly, If both her and Harry were in the procession it wouldn't have looked that weird. But the fact that she was front and centre, while Harry (the main founding patron) was watching her in the audience was strange.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
It looks sooo weird. And also, I really like that outfit, I would probably wear something similar myself, BUT I don’t really think a playsuit and slides (even if they are Hermes or whatever) is the right thing to wear if you’re walking in a procession? Her brown trouser outfit from the day before would have probably looked better and helped the whole thing to not look so strange, I think it looks so weird because the guy next to her is in full uniform and she’s wearing a playsuit 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
On the whole I agree but things like 3 outfit changes in one day? What's that about? She should be wearing an Invictus polo and a pair of jeans.
She should be there, sort of in the background. Mixing with athletes, supporting Harry, absolutely. Making speeches, handing out medals, marching (bizarre), absolutely not.

On the whole I agree but things like 3 outfit changes in one day? What's that about? She should be wearing an Invictus polo and a pair of jeans.
She should be there, sort of in the background. Mixing with athletes, supporting Harry, absolutely. Making speeches, handing out medals, marching (bizarre), absolutely not.
As someone said before I think if she had dressed down and done that that people would comment she doesn't care etc. So they really can't win.

She is a civilian. She doesn't hold any military appointments, honorary or otherwise.
On that note the Royals have plenty of fake medals and Andrew still wears his even though he's been told not to. Should they not march in a procession too??

The playsuit was definitely the wrong outfit to wear and she has worn other more suitable outfits during the trip which makes me think it's last minute idea on someone's end for her to do it.

Reactions: 7
To be fair I don't think many people would complain about her wearing Invictus merch. I know the RF have their fake medals from Granny and they love to get them out for a good military parade but that's not the same as taking the lead spot in a procession of athletes into an event when you're not one of the athletes. It looked awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
On that note the Royals have plenty of fake medals and Andrew still wears his even though he's been told not to. Should they not march in a procession too??
Vile entitled person that he may be, Andrew was a career naval officer who served in a war zone and did his full time. He's as entitled as any non-royal veteran to wear his medals with civilian clothes but he has had his royal military appointments removed.

• Heart
Vile entitled person that he may be, Andrew was a career naval officer who served in a war zone and did his full time. He's as entitled as any non-royal veteran to wear his medals with civilian clothes but he has had his royal military appointments removed.
His royal military appointments aren’t the only things he should have had removed. Preferably with a very rusty spoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
As someone said before I think if she had dressed down and done that that people would comment she doesn't care etc. So they really can't win.

The playsuit was definitely the wrong outfit to wear and she has worn other more suitable outfits during the trip which makes me think it's last minute idea on someone's end for her to do it.
She’s worn Invictus clothing several times in the past and no one said anything, the outfits as a whole look better then because she’s wearing more casual bottoms and trainers to suit the casual polo. I guess it’s all down to opinion, but trainers and a shirt for the event looks better than things like the play suits and stilettos she’s worn. There’s nothing wrong with them as clothes and the play suit looks nice, it just looks out of place for those events.

Reactions: 10
While obviously their medals are for the most part nothing to do with combat, the royals do have honorary military positions. As such, if they're taking part in a military display associated with their honorary roles, no one would blink. If they were marching in with an event for injured veterans, without a clear association to their patronages or positions, I certainly hope people would also be pointing out them being out of place.

Depends on the procession I suppose but most senior royals hold honorary military appointments which does put them in a different position. I don't pay enough attention to Andrew to know what medals he wore when but he will have medal(s) from his time in the forces as he was involved in the Falklands conflict. I'm not making any particular case for the royals, just pointing out that Markle is categorically a civilian.

Reactions: 6
Depends on the procession I suppose but most senior royals hold honorary military appointments which does put them in a different position. I don't pay enough attention to Andrew to know what medals he wore when but he will have medal(s) from his time in the forces as he was involved in the Falklands conflict. I'm not making any particular case for the royals, just pointing out that Markle is categorically a civilian.
Agree.

From the length of time and places Andrew served, anyone with similar service would have the South Atlantic, Golden Jubilee, Diamond Jubilee and possibly long service and the General Service medals. He's likely got the other two jubilee medals (silver and platinum) from being royal but then many people in public service will have those and even Mike Tindall, Peter Phillips and James Wessex have the Platinum Jubilee.

Reactions: 1

I really think he should stop talking to the press and get some therapy. This isn’t healthy for him to keep rehashing things.

I feel sorry for those kids. They seem to be used for a lot of headlines and interview chatter.

Reactions: 6

I really think he should stop talking to the press and get some therapy. This isn’t healthy for him to keep rehashing things.
I agree. The only snicker it gets out of me, is that H&M created themselves as the Thomas of the RF. But I most definitely would not let a relative in because they go public. Rather after some years of silence and just exchanging Christmas Cards. He does look unwell. So I hope they will find back to some amicable closure. Being still at odds and not talking when he dies can lead to a lot of hurt for M. It’s strange how relationships play. Even when the decision to cut him out was the right one at the time.
---
I do think it dressing more casual sporty like she did when we first got news about them dating and them showing up at Invictus would have been a good idea. I really don’t get why did more than watching the games? Maybe hosting a special lunch for the women?
And Kate would absolutely get a lot of criticism and ridicule for such a stunt. If people would leave the M bubble and start reading the other direction the algorithms would give them a completely different picture. Kate was never above criticism. And she gets tons of it. Always has.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.