The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In our much smaller office, annual leave is co-ordinated and staggered so there is always cover ;)
Same here šŸ˜‚ I could justify say 3 weeks so that people donā€™t have to be on call etc. But nearly 3 months plus all the other school holidays? No. If they want to give them a ā€œnormalā€ childhood maybe they should start sending them to summer clubs, play dates and to the grandparents

Reactions: 3
I do wonder if all the climate support has put them off making trips like that. Maybe they see a trip to Oz to support England as something that would receive criticism and not be a good look considering their climate awareness.
Itā€™s literally, I mean really literally his actual job as President of the FA.
Itā€™s also basically the role of the Royal Family. If they donā€™t turn up to support British Teams on the national stage, then thatā€™s a huge chunk of their job gone. Theyā€™ve been to football matches, to Wimbledon and to cheer the England cricket team on at Lords ā€¦ but an actual team with an actual chance of winning ā€¦ Iā€™ll put tele on. Itā€™s a misstep.
i mean, personally as the WC was taking place in Australia, there should have been RF presence there from the get go, regardless of how England did.
if William goes to Earthshot in a canoe, rather than one of those nasty plane things, I may reconsider.

Reactions: 10
Itā€™s literally, I mean really literally his actual job as President of the FA.
Itā€™s also basically the role of the Royal Family. If they donā€™t turn up to support British Teams on the national stage, then thatā€™s a huge chunk of their job gone. Theyā€™ve been to football matches, to Wimbledon and to cheer the England cricket team on at Lords ā€¦ but an actual team with an actual chance of winning ā€¦ Iā€™ll put tele on. Itā€™s a misstep.
i mean, personally as the WC was taking place in Australia, there should have been RF presence there from the get go, regardless of how England did.
if William goes to Earthshot in a canoe, rather than one of those nasty plane things, I may reconsider.
Oh fair enough then. Yeah I don't know why they wouldn't go support the team then. Hmm, has there been no explanation at all?

Same here šŸ˜‚ I could justify say 3 weeks so that people donā€™t have to be on call etc. But nearly 3 months plus all the other school holidays? No. If they want to give them a ā€œnormalā€ childhood maybe they should start sending them to summer clubs, play dates and to the grandparents
I suppose they would say Balmoral is the grandparents šŸ˜€

Reactions: 2
1000% this. I believe the next mens' WC is in USA and Canada. Such England happen to reach the finals, let's see what his environmental concerns are then
Even for the WC in Qatar, with all the issues, there were mutterings that he might go ā€˜if England did wellā€™ ā€¦

Reactions: 2
1000% this. I believe the next mens' WC is in USA and Canada. Such England happen to reach the finals, let's see what his environmental concerns are then
Itā€™s also part of his ā€˜jobā€™ - President of the FA. Heā€™s such a joke.

Reactions: 10
I think it was a huge mis step for him to not go as part of the delegation from the start. He could have arranged engagements over there for in between matches and done some Earthshot stuff too

He's going to New York in September and Singapore in November, both for Earthshot. To be honest all this really does is highlight how tricky it is for world "leaders" to champion the environment AND maintain diplomatic relations and in the case of the RF, keep the commonwealth happy.

Reactions: 7
Would have been a perfect opportunity for a father & daughter trip - and to add some quick engagement into it.

i do get the flight issue but has he stopped taking the helicopter rides? No, so commercial plane - first class, no issue

Reactions: 5
He's going to New York in September and Singapore in November, both for Earthshot. To be honest all this really does is highlight how tricky it is for world "leaders" to champion the environment AND maintain diplomatic relations and in the case of the RF, keep the commonwealth happy.
My only problem is when the world leaders fly on a private jets so frequently. Airlines very rarely fill entire planes, a lot of flights can only be 85/90% full, especially in business/first class, so if they flew everywhere commercially I wouldnā€™t have a problem.

Theyā€™ve probably had a summer holiday abroad somewhere so flying long haul isnā€™t much of an excuse, itā€™s not like this was a surprise, England were favourites to win the whole thing. They could have done a 2 week summer holiday to Australia, didnā€™t have to be any tours, but just attended the semi final and final.

Which is why, to me, it would have been points in the bank to actually go to Australia for the duration of the WC (especially in light of the whole Commonwealth Games issue). William is still, at this point in time, in line to be their Head of State. A family semi official visit with possibly Charlotte wearing a Matilda shirt ā€¦ you canā€™t buy that kind of PR.

Reactions: 4
So I've seen a claim doing the rounds that William was clear with the team and FA from the start that he was unavailable on the date of the final so if they made it he wouldn't be able to go. I think it was mentioned in an interview by someone to do with the team/FA but now I can't find it.

I guess we do never know what they have going on BTS both diplomatically and personally. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but he better do something big to mark the occasion, not just a supposed "personal tweet"

Reactions: 1
I assume they're on holiday themselves so that's why it's out.

"Good job Lionesses, you are all incredible! *emoji emoji emoji* -W" is what they'll get.

Reactions: 4
It seems to be gathering momentum I wonder if weā€™ll get a U turn at some point today

Reactions: 1
It seems to be gathering momentum I wonder if weā€™ll get a U turn at some point today
Even the DailyFail has opened the question. Itā€™s his job. If you ask me, he should have also visited their first game or later on when they became clear favourites. He most definitely would have showed up for the men. HoS regularly visit high profile games in international and sometimes national competitions. He could have sent Kate and Charlotte instead. The fact that neither if them seems to go makes it highly possible that they might be on vacation then (They were still in the country when Kate was papped at the ā€žfestivalā€œ. Without friends as it seems. This story is really strange.). My bet- Mystique in the Caribbean. If they go on holiday it will come out and with some fallout. I donā€™t see him budging, to his own detriment. They might send Sophie instead.
Singapore is in November. Thatā€™s not THAT soon. He could have flown in a cushy 1st class commercial seat. And flying around the globe to represent and support the UK for the Crown is a MASSIVE part of his royal and his FA job. Way more than jetting for a holiday. Be it a commercial flight or not.
KP is probably running hot to organise a high profile event close to the final so itā€™s clear he never could have gone. Something serious so it trumps something as fun and frivolous as an entertaining sports event.
With H&M sinking more and more in the footnotes, they canā€™t help take the spotlight of the Walses anymore. Their lack of substantial work will get more noticeable by the month. And Kate doesnā€™t even deliver enough wow styling moments anymore to rake in some praise.

Reactions: 9
Even the DailyFail has opened the question. Itā€™s his job. If you ask me, he should have also visited their first game or later on when they became clear favourites. He most definitely would have showed up for the men. HoS regularly visit high profile games in international and sometimes national competitions. He could have sent Kate and Charlotte instead. The fact that neither if them seems to go makes it highly possible that they might be on vacation then (They were still in the country when Kate was papped at the ā€žfestivalā€œ. Without friends as it seems. This story is really strange.). My bet- Mystique in the Caribbean. If they go on holiday it will come out and with some fallout. I donā€™t see him budging, to his own detriment. They might send Sophie instead.
Singapore is in November. Thatā€™s not THAT soon. He could have flown in a cushy 1st class commercial seat. And flying around the globe to represent and support the UK for the Crown is a MASSIVE part of his royal and his FA job. Way more than jetting for a holiday. Be it a commercial flight or not.
KP is probably running hot to organise a high profile event close to the final so itā€™s clear he never could have gone. Something serious so it trumps something as fun and frivolous as an entertaining sports event.
With H&M sinking more and more in the footnotes, they canā€™t help take the spotlight of the Walses anymore. Their lack of substantial work will get more noticeable by the month. And Kate doesnā€™t even deliver enough wow styling moments anymore to rake in some praise.
It won't. They seem to be really good at hiding when they are on holiday, I don't know if the papers are in on it or not. They just seem to come back tanned and it's never mentioned. I don't think they've been reported as having gone to mustique since covid?

Even if it was the men I don't think he'd have gone. Australia is soo far, even in first class. Maybe if it was the men's rugby OTOH...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.