The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
William is lazy. He doesn’t do anything he doesn’t want to do, that includes work. Even if it is seeing a sports game, it seems like none of them care very much about women’s sports. If he is not interested, he won’t do it.

They’re probably on holiday themselves or something.

Reactions: 10
Not great optics considering the push to get young women and girls interested in football. Terrible example to his children too

If this was the men’s final you can bet he’d be flying over Oz with George in tow too

Reactions: 5
Why is he president of the English FA in the first place?
So he can go to the men’s games when he wants to and have it count as work.

They have a lot of people working for him that could’ve come up with some sort of a solution. But still they can’t even manage anything beyond slick PR campaigns.

• Haha
So he can go to the men’s games when he wants to and have it count as work.
It seems that way and the optics aren’t great when you consider he’s the future king of the UK. If the anglocentric turds don’t care about those optic I doubt they’ll care about showing preference to the men’s games

Reactions: 2
It seems that way and the optics aren’t great when you consider he’s the future king of the UK. If the anglocentric turds don’t care about those optic I doubt they’ll care about showing preference to the men’s games
It’s the English and Welsh FA and I suspect the Scottish would be more upset to have an English president than William not doing it

full disclosure I’ve no idea who theScottish president is so might be English and they don’t seem worried that Princess Anne is for rugby so I’m possibly talking nonsense!

Reactions: 1
I kind of feel like he can’t win either way. If he was announced as going from the start then there would be just as much criticism about him flying across the world for a 2 hour match when he campaigns for the environment or the fact that he’s willing to go to a football match in the summer but nothing else.

Honestly? I think he should have gone but I can also see that whatever choice he made he would be critiqued the same

He definitely should have showed up. Maybe even with George who is a football fan and Charlotte if she is also interested.
I have said my piece on the Rose rumour often enough. As long as no one is hurt there is nothing to judge. They might not be like us but they are still people that can feel betrayed or humiliated. So whatever is going on between those four adults, I hope all of them are happy. And I don’t see Pippa calling her daughter Rose if Kate would be hurt by it. So Kate must be ok with how things are. What I really don’t see is W fathering a child with another woman on purpose. He and his partner have free access to whatever contraception they like. And I doubt Rose would get pregnant on an oops (which are actually pretty rare if you use NFP, pill or condoms CORRECTLY- most oopses occur because people don’t pay attention and don’t chose a condom as extra layer when the other method was compromised and that happens more easily than most people think). I can only urge people to read the fine print!).
The Hanburry twins are definitely not just old enough to read it themselves but also to have peers confront them. It will be extra crappy for Iris. And the Cambridge children as well. As far as I am concerned the children are the big losers here. Their story is out and will get to their attention. The damage is done if you ask me. Especially as we are still talking about it 5 years later. It really is nobodies business where Bill’s Willy goes as long as it is consensual. Anything else is between the four adults.

Reactions: 7
It’s the English and Welsh FA and I suspect the Scottish would be more upset to have an English president than William not doing it

full disclosure I’ve no idea who theScottish president is so might be English and they don’t seem worried that Princess Anne is for rugby so I’m possibly talking nonsense!
The Scottish FA tend to take their presidents from people who have worked in Scottish football in managerial or executive positions. I know it was Ron Petrie at one point.

Edit
its Mike Mulraney who was chairman at Alloa.
---
I kind of feel like he can’t win either way. If he was announced as going from the start then there would be just as much criticism about him flying across the world for a 2 hour match when he campaigns for the environment or the fact that he’s willing to go to a football match in the summer but nothing else.

Honestly? I think he should have gone but I can also see that whatever choice he made he would be critiqued the same
I mean it’s literally his job. Possibly even even his job twice over both as President of the FA and heir to the crown and commonwealth.

Personally, I think the flying thing is just convenient smoke and mirrors. They fly in planes and helicopters all the time, it’ll be coming up to Earthshot soon … is he going to start paddling his canoe?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Isn't Anne deeply involved in Scottish football or is it rugby? She's always there cheering on Scotland in sports! I don't follow many sports myself.

William doesn't like to do things he doesn't want to do, which is the majority of royal work. It's why they look down on the bread and butter meeting the public, cutting ribbons engagements and do their flashy PR drives instead. He has always been like this. As I've said here before - H&M were the best thing to ever happen to them because they can skive off now and not really get thrashed for it, even with their shiny new titles, new house, and bigger staff.

Reactions: 8
Isn't Anne deeply involved in Scottish football or is it rugby? She's always there cheering on Scotland in sports! I don't follow many sports myself.

William doesn't like to do things he doesn't want to do, which is the majority of royal work. It's why they look down on the bread and butter meeting the public, cutting ribbons engagements and do their flashy PR drives instead. He has always been like this. As I've said here before - H&M were the best thing to ever happen to them because they can skive off now and not really get thrashed for it, even with their shiny new titles, new house, and bigger staff.
Anne is rugby. 😀

Each home nation has its own royal for rugby. It feels unnecessary and a lot like finding a way to shoehorn them into national sport but at least it’s consistent. Unlike William, Anne isn’t future monarch so the optics are not quite the same. It would make more sense to have individuals who have made their mark in clubs and from each home nation take on the roles than royals.

I guess the question should then be, why do they think they need 2 months off every summer? Have a couple of weeks for a summer holiday with the kids, but every other working parent across the country has to make it work with grandparents and childcare, I’m sure they’re able to.

I guess the question should then be, why do they think they need 2 months off every summer? Have a couple of weeks for a summer holiday with the kids, but every other working parent across the country has to make it work with grandparents and childcare, I’m sure they’re able to.
Oh I couldn’t agree more with this, I’ve said for years they don’t need to take the whole summer off etc.

The only slight justification there is for them taking an extended break is that it gives their staff and all those involved with planning engagements chance to all take holidays etc but they still don’t need the full summer off

Seems like it’d be the right time to reach out to the Commonwealth too. We’re not far off another Republic vote.
That could also be part of the reason for not going. The future king cheering on the Matilda conquerors isn't a great look - I'm scottish!!!

Personally, as much as they've used the climate excuse, I would have sent Kate and Charlotte for a girls trip!!!

Reactions: 4
What is happening with Harry's African documentary thing? Is it actually going to show anything new or is it another jolly to Africa to film something for the sake of it? It does seem like the Africa stuff has been done to death with Harry.

That could also be part of the reason for not going. The future king cheering on the Matilda conquerors isn't a great look - I'm scottish!!!

Personally, as much as they've used the climate excuse, I would have sent Kate and Charlotte for a girls trip!!!
I don’t have an issue with any of them attending on behalf of the monarchy or as fans and some of the women/girls going would be great. It’s just if we’re talking about optics, I don’t think the future monarch should be president of any of the football associations.

I do wonder if all the climate support has put them off making trips like that. Maybe they see a trip to Oz to support England as something that would receive criticism and not be a good look considering their climate awareness.

Oh I couldn’t agree more with this, I’ve said for years they don’t need to take the whole summer off etc.

The only slight justification there is for them taking an extended break is that it gives their staff and all those involved with planning engagements chance to all take holidays etc but they still don’t need the full summer off
In our much smaller office, annual leave is co-ordinated and staggered so there is always cover ;)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.