Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
So sounds like it was having a reasonable impact within ten years. I think that it would be fair to say that neither of the schemes endorsed by William or Kate (Earthshot and Early Years) have had that level of impact. By comparison, Harry’s games have taken off and seem to be a real success and do what they were intended to.
It was definitely well established by 10 years … there was a 10th anniversary concert about 1985/6ish that had all the usual,suspects … Tina Turner, Phil Collins, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, George Michael, Rod Stewart and the famous and Many More. there was a live LP and video afterwards as well

Reactions: 1

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I would be interested to know where the royals, especially the other members of the family, go to on their summer holidays. I saw Prince Michael of Kent was in South of France.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Have W+K done any engagements this week? You'd have thought they'd want to get the news cycle to move on from the WC stuff by doing some stuff. Maybe they really are away in Mustique or somewhere before the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks
They were at their place at Sandringham and are off to Balmoral with the rest of the family.

thegreencow

VIP Member
I think William will make a surprise appearance after the backlash. He's had a couple of days to make arrangements and still has tomorrow.

If William & his family did go, they should be never all be allowed on the same plane again. If anything happened to them Harry would be our next King. 😱
Old Chjarles needs to grow some balls and remove Harry (and his offspring) from the LOS all together. He has more than made his feelings clear. I hope that if William did die, Charles would do that.

But that would mean Andrew would be king. No thanks.🤮 I'd take Harry over him any day.

sonjabruja

Bit OTT to say you’d do the same. She had well known mental health problems. Why do you think William has a mental health interest?
She had anxiety and depression like so very many. Horrible. But perhaps it had something to do with the things I’ve mentioned, and the expectations placed upon her, at the time?

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
I think Beatrice and Eugenie are relatively good leads to follow here, to some degree. They both have titles and grew up as princesses and they both now have normal jobs and a few charity patronages for things they are genuinely interested in. They don’t receive funding because their charity work is seperate to the monarchy, my theory would be that Charlotte and Louis will follow a similar path.

it would make sense for their to be a plan for them to support George whilst doing their own thing. The problem that crops up is when that thing operates in contrast to the monarchy. Working for an art gallery like Eugenie? Fine. Working on tell all royal documentaries for Netflix? Not so great 🤣

ETA- you also have the funding problem. If they are doing some official work they are entitled to public money, but if they also have their own job and private income it’s a murky water. Financially at least, you really do have to be either in or out
The days of the Princess Margaret model of a very privileged and indolent (if clearly extremely unhappy) lifestyle in return for doing some public duties are clearly over.

I also think that the days of the Princess Anne model are also gone. I know she has worked hard and is appreciated (rightly) for what she has done but I don’t think that model of a sibling to a monarch really works now.

And then I agree with you that enabling them to do their own jobs could also lead to issues. They might not be issues like with Harry and Megan but there will be clashes with what their brother is doing or accusations that they don’t really do anything (which I have seen levelled against Beatrice and Eugenie in their jobs).

It’s not a dilemma I would want to find the answer too.

Boom Boom!!

Chatty Member

Interesting reading!! Could be bs
---
You're assuming that the gap was on purpose. Not everyone falls pregnant immediately after they start trying. It may take a while and miscarriages happen.
I agree it but not for this situation!! I think he only wanted two!! He didn’t want any more!!

Attachments

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Which is Harry’s biggest mistake, really. Do an ill advised interview (Charles and Andrew can Vouch for that) but stay inside the tent pishing out. Go outside the tent and pish in and your toast.

Lammington

VIP Member
I can entirely see them supporting him behind the scenes, lord knows aristocrats have supported each other through all manner of hideous behaviour that'd see the rest of us in jail.
But surely they pay PR people enough to know better than to show support publicly.

He needs to be treated the way every other family treats their creepy uncle - no invites, no discussions, and no letting him near the liquor cabinet.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
If we lose will that be Williams fault too for not attending?

I was reading today one of the protocols preventing William from attending is because Charles hasn't been there first ... not sure how true that is.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
His Dad is King not him and in his 70s, still 20 years younger than the Queen at her death. The Prince also has a young family unlike his father.

The Prince has plenty of time to take over the main role full time in 10 or 20 years when his father likely steps down from the role if he is still alive by then
Oh right so.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
This is one of the worst times I’ve seen Kate. She’s seriously misjudged the weather. Don’t the royals have the weather app?🥵😂

• Haha

Boom Boom!!

Chatty Member
No reputable news source is reporting on this. It is really really unlikely that anyone is taking Andrew to Ukraine. His reputation is an enormous liability and it's not like he's skilled in anything. He's a hindrance. And there is a big difference in preying on young women and preying on actual children. I call bullshit until there's some report that gives more background on this.
Another reference to his visit

Attachments

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
I think with Megan they were expecting a soft ride like when Kate first started but she wanted to get the ground running. Same with why Kate was spooked when she started racking up engagements
Surely the staff members had experience of working outside the royal family. Didn’t one of them previously work for Madonna?