Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
William is lazy and even if he were heir to the throne in his 20s, 30s, he still wouldn't have done what Charles has done as Charles has a thing William does not - a work ethic and a social conscience, regardless of his other flaws. It's amazing with workhorses for parents William has skived by with excuse after excuse and the institution has covered up or supported the excuses, rather than telling him enough, time to get with the program.
Was Diana a workhorse?

Andrew is only 60 so he's still a relatively young man considering longevity runs in that family. He doesn't drink alcohol or smoke so he's going to be around for a long time. He is massively entitled and spoilt and has led a very privileged and pampered life so he will be hard to turf out of his home. He is their brother at the end of the day and very determined not to be brushed aside. Nothing has been proved in a court of law and unless something else crops up, ie more accusations with evidence, it will remain unfinished business.
The royals are probably going to keep him out of the major working events but have him around for the more private ones.
Andrew is 63.

cee-bee

VIP Member
[
I'll be honest, I don't think it would come from a politician for risk of someone trying to cry treason.

I suspect if the time comes that it'll be a discussion between politicians and the monarch, and the monarch "voluntarily" stepping down.
It would also need to happen slowly, to allow for the appropriate legislation to pass to remove the ceremonial but necessary legislative role of the monarch - likely the final monarch would sign the legislation ending the monarchy.

There would also be the unraveling of the finances - I know a lot of people like to assume the royals are all fully funded by taxpayers, but that's simply factually incorrect. Even the Sovereign Grant has its complexities as it relates to the Crown Estate, which is neither privately owned by the monarch, nor government property.
Any stepping down of the monarchy would mean establishing what is private wealth and not privy to any disposal unless donated by the monarch/appropriate family member in ownership, what is Crown Estate and how to dispose of this, and whether agreement could be reached as to items or properties that are owned by the monarch outright, but are of significant public interest (the crown jewels spring to mind).

Whenever it comes to pass, I pity the folks involved in the minutiae of it all.
lots of really good points. I don’t think there’s ever been a precedent has there, in the world?

TennisTina

She really must be very reserved as she still comes across v stilted and formal in what should be a relaxed chat. Still with the prepared sounding comments and expressive hands, as of in a formal situation.
Anne comes across as knowledgeable and impressive. William and Kate are small fish with nothing interesting to say, and my goodness her accent is absurd.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Anyone have any idea of where they've gone on holiday?
I know Charles is (I think) currently in Scotland, but is there any idea of where Wills and Kate are?
I suppose they are back in Windsor now given the kids are back at school next week.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Their spokesperson has said they are watching at home in Sandringham which I’m pretty sure has only been released because they were worried the press would start digging to find out if they were on holiday to get exactly that story. I presume they wouldn’t risk outright lying about where they currently are but who knows
Charlotte looks quite young in the video which makes me wonder if it was a "just in case' video filmed ages ago

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Watch from 21 minutes to see the members of the Royal Family reimagined as Barbie dolls by a digital artist employing AI. Then after that we have details and pictures of the statue if the Queen currently being sculpted.

Just click Watch on You Tube on this link and enjoy