Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
And the monarchist Tories beat the republican Corbyn in 2019 anyway and now even Starmer backs keeping the monarchy
---

---

Though Australia looks likely to reject even giving Aborigines a voice in its parliament next month, let alone another monarchy referendum
---

The C of E Synod have now approved blessings of homosexual couples
---
Ah, Tyl you've been missed🤩

Reactions: 1

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I am pretty sure they detest him on one level or the other. But they can spend time with him for a few hours. What’s the alternative? Shunning him completely? Which would drastically cut down the time that the York girls and their children will be around? They remain very close to their parents. Maybe they all hope that Andrew’s biggest mistake was to be completely dumb and caught in his own hybrid, to not realise what was going on. He wouldn’t be the first to make incredible mental gymnastics to explain strange stuff. Do I believe that? Not necessarily, but I get why you would want to believe your already problematic uncle isn’t also a sexual predator. Especially now, that it seems the truth will never come to light as VG decided to rather get the money that try to get her version of event signed by a rule of court (no criticism. I would have done same instead of fighting such an ugly fight).
This goes back to my post a couple of pages ago. I firmly believe behind the scenes Andrew is telling them all he was there, didn't sleep with girl, had no idea what was going on and it's just someone taking advantage of his position.

I also firmly believe the RF are keeping him sweet enough to keep his mouth. If they give him enough to think he could one day be back in the fold he'll behave. Andrew is far too arrogant to ever consider just staying out of the limelight. He'll keep pushing.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I don’t think it’s so much the press but that the games relied on Harry as the big pull but that only lasts so long. Idk how it’s run right now but it looks like it needs proper ownership by an organisation that knows how to run & market sports competitions. If someone was properly managing it then they’d be organising TV rights & press releases so the press didn’t just have to report on what Meghan’s wearing.

It’s happening with tennis atm, The Davis Cup used to fill out arena but it started being managed by a different company who have completely destroyed the format and it’s struggling to get crowds. If one of the biggest tournament in a sport as big as tennis can be mismanaged then a relatively new tournament like The Invictus Games definitely can.

The first games had a big opening and closing ceremony and was broadcast on the BBC & the second one had Morgan Freeman & Michelle Obama for one of the ceremonies, but since then it seems they’ve tried relying on Harry and Meghan too much. Even being held every 2 years when every other similar formatted competition is 4 years seems strange.
Maybe H&M need to share the publicity for the good of the games. Seems they are clinging to Invictus because they need to be seen as much as possible, attached to a good cause.

• Heart

Multi-21

VIP Member
The article I read about it was saying how it proves just how close friends Kate and Rose are and mentioned that Charles had given Rose’s husband a new role when he became king so they are all chummy

then added a final sentence saying William was not there and it is not known where he was which seemed unnecessary

hannah123

VIP Member
Oh honestly I say this all the time but the worst thing Harry has ever done for himself was leave the well oiled PR team of the palace because it has revealed the real him. I don’t think he has changed or Meghan has changed him, this is who he has always been but the palace PR around him was so good none of us ever knew. I’ve no doubt it’s the same for most if not all of them.

You also look at all the staff they’ve gone through since they left and the fact that none of their projects have had much success (40X40 anyone?) apart from the ones that are about trashing the royals and revealing the gossip of course -I genuinely don’t think he realised he had access to the very best people and help whilst he was a royal and could effectively do anything at the click of his fingers, now he’s having to actually put the work in or find people who can do it for him
I don’t think they thought they had the best people. I’m sure I read they would have ideas and want it executed straight away, so when advisors would say it’s going to take time or pick holes in the idea they’d get annoyed.

I think Meghan was used to an American style of working of living to work and not working to live, so it was even more frustrating for her. People said she can send emails at 5am and no one has to reply at that time so it’s shouldn’t be a problem, but as someone with a manager who sends 7am emails they’re usually the most chaotic ideas that have come to them when they’ve just woke up. There’s never any foresight to how that idea will work, how disruptive it will be to the worker and you’re just expected to come up with the solution.

They’re the kind of people I imagine saying “don’t bring me a problem, bring me an answer” 🤢🤢

Multi-21

VIP Member
Except when that Tattler came on here ages ago to say her friend was a cleaner at KP and found a used condom in the bin in William's room (yes, I know 🥴🥴).
Does that mean they have separate bedrooms? Otherwise surely it would just be him and Kate practising safe sex which is hardly a scandal!

Spid

VIP Member
Have W+K done any engagements this week? You'd have thought they'd want to get the news cycle to move on from the WC stuff by doing some stuff. Maybe they really are away in Mustique or somewhere before the kids go back to school in a couple of weeks

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I actually think it shows that historically, the RF have absolutely no idea how to handle the whole ‘spare’ issue. They are simultaneously cosseted, ignored and woefully under prepared should they ever need to take on the role of heir.

George V was the spare who stepped up into his brother’s shoes so much he even married his fiancée. Edward VIII - according to my Gran :cool: - was obviously never going to produce an heir even without the Wallis Simpson situation and George VI has to be the most underprepared person ever to become monarch (which given his father’s situation seemed a bit happy go lucky) … but then, the Queen Mother saw William to instruct him on statescraft without Harry, even after Seeing how being an under prepared monarch affected her husband. They want the spare, but they don’t want to make eye contact with the idea they might actually be needed so they are kept in a kind of ‘break glass in case of emergency’ limbo. What you actually end up with is someone who has reached early 20’s or even 30’s with no defined role who then finds that even taken away and then having to reset. I actually wonder if the Queen was so sympathetic to Andrew (and even Harry to some extent) because she saw how the whole situation had affected her own sister and she was still trying to make amends?

I hope if nothing else at all comes out of the sorry mess that is Andrew and Harry, it leads to a change in how the heirs siblings are treated and Charlotte and Louis given the freedom to follow their own star rather than just hang about waiting to become an auntie and uncle.
I guess historically a good prepared spare was a massive problem. You know, most wouldn’t put their sword down to support an idiotic, ill prepared, pompous usurper. Spares, if you didn’t actually need them, have always been a problem. On a pure rational level it would be the best to have at least three spares and then look who would be the best candidate and train them further. You have to get rid of male and primogeniture for spares though. Anne or Edward would be a great spares. Hard working, loyal and supportive. They would be a good choice to step up if needed and a good adviser/regent in case the heir would be under age.
I can imagine Charles and Wiliam, in a boozy moment, regret that you can’t just put your spare in a convent nowadays. Or on a ship to Australia for that matter.

Honeystar

VIP Member
Isn’t it something to do with the laws of inheritance … a surrogate child in that instance would have to be formally adopted and an adopted child cannot inherit a title?
It's all so confusing. It's like a woman not being able to hold or inherit a title in her own right. The problem of course is that these issues are actually much wider than just the royal family, am I right in thinking that should Charles want to change that, it would impact every title-holding family in the country? I presume there would be a way for him to grant a title to a female in her own right without changing the law, but then that would open up a can of worms - there are plenty of title-holding families in the UK whose oldest child is a daughter but the title will go to the younger brother who would and wouldn't want the rule to change

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I think they should send *someone* and pay for the flight out of their own pocket. Zara being a sporty type would be a decent compromise.

I think QEII got a reputation for being hardworking simply due to longevity. She took months off at Christmas, the summer and Easter. If you add all those up plus long weekends at Windsor it's not that impressive.
Did she only do representative stuff? No bureaucracy? She sure did, no?

lilieverland

The funny thing with the Andrew story is they were at his house in his living room. I’d love to know how Andrew acted to make it appear he was the helper. Surely with family around he would have been chatting and enjoying a cup of tea with them all? So either Andrew is really really weird even in his own home, or like you say she was over egging how much she had no clue who they were.
Does he imply she knew nothing about them? Maybe what he meant was that she knew about the royal family but didn’t know specific details about their life. Prince Andrew was irrelevant when she met Harry so I can see why she wouldn’t recognise him. Isn’t there a photo of her in front of Buckingham Palace when she was young?