Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Do we know that Harry hasn't been in touch with his grandparents? I haven't read anything around that (hark at me making it sound like I read anything, I totally rely on tattle to give me the news 😆😆)

Is everyone watching the interview? I'm not. I wonder if people who say how much they hate Harry and Meghan and their thirst for publicity will actually tune in 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't know what the truth of this situation is and none of us may ever know the truth. But what I do know/feel is that Piers Morgan should be not be in the position he is in. Watching clips back from his performance this morning is actually quite shocking. He dismissed the suicidal thoughts of a woman as lies, Chris Ship and his co host took him to task over it but that was still broadcast.
Piers Morgan would probably be still sending women to hospital for hysteria if he had his own way.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
That's my point. They will take it from white men because they are used to being pushed around by them at Public school but cant take it from women. I said I may be completely wrong on that.
This is based on nothing 🤣 have you been following the Alex Salmond case at all? White male.

spoiler, both men and women, black and white can be dicks.

There was also the Doria ' straight outta Compton' remark, and one of the Royal reprters I think Camilla someone saying the Grenfell cookbook women were terrorist sympathisers ( not her, but mainly Black and minority women who were closely associated with her) and the ' uppity' comment, which is a racial slur although a bit American, so giving Eammon Holmes the benefit of the doubt on that. The British tabloid press think nothing of appealing to the lowest common denominator to get clicks, and can be pretty racist. That's not to say everyone is,racist but certain papers are and know how to rule up their readership.
so why did Kate, and it’s fair to say her family, get such a hard time? Is it because she’s.......white?

50sGirl

VIP Member
I expect the luxury pups will survive. In a world of cruel that doesn’t seem to wobble the scale too much.

Carole’s on the front of Good Housekeeping. I wonder if it’s part of flooding the media. Although Good Housekeeping lol.
To give Carole Middleton her due, she was due to do publicity for it this week but she cancelled everything due to Prince Philip’s health. The magazine cover would have been in the pipeline way before the Oprah interview was announced so I doubt it is related at all.

igiveup

VIP Member
The stuff people have written on Twitter about the queen working and not giving a toss about her husband is actually sickening. People have proceeded to bully a 94 year old woman who is doing things to keep herself going but keeping Phil in her thoughts ( she is wearing her engagement broach again).

Big Phil wouldn’t want her to stop working and what else I saw was like let Harry live his life , umm so because the queen is working and keeping herself going that’s not ok, oh but it’s ok for Harry and meghan to live their lives and put on a show when his grandfather is very sick. Where is the respect from them and Oprah bloody Winfrey she don’t care.

If Oprah had a shred of respect or
Dignity she would postpone or pull the show, but nope she wants her ratings and her money whilst a poorly man is hospital.

But the queen bears the abuse for working and doing her duty.

I don’t get it at all.

I dont think it would that out of character for the Queen to keep working even if he's on his deathbed. Aside from seeing it as her duty, she seems like the sort of person who would view it as "well there's nothing I can do about it at this point, so keep calm and carry on".

Yel

Chatty Member
Just been watching BBC Scotland coverage of the Salmond inquiry. The screen went black and cut out for a moment and came back on showing some old archived black and white footage of Prince Philip.

I thought they were about to break with the traditional announcement times and announce it there and then! Was anyone else watching?

Most likely just finalising an obituary in case but makes you wonder! The intern who interrupted the channel with it will be in hot water 🤣
That's such bbc scotland scotland thing to do - start playing the obit of a royal family member who's near the end during their biggest political event in many years :LOL:

1614788300615.png

1614788144205.png

1614788174928.png

• Haha
  • Wow

hyoopy

not the biggest H&M fan (I mostly just feel indifferent) but god if I were meghan I'd want a restraining order from Piers. he is so utterly OBSSESSED with her and it's actually quite disturbing.

you can imagine him going around his day to day life, drinking a coffee, having a shower, making dinner and thinking about how much he hates meghan

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
How have I just discovered it willl be 10 years in April since Wills and Kate got married.

No marriage is perfect and of course they would have had ups and downs, but good on them for making 10 years of marriage.

I think they should do an interview too and Kate can speak about how her 10 years in the firm have been - and she can expose Meghan bullying people and when Meghan made her cry at the dress fitting.
unfortunately I think they’ve made it because Kate knows to turn a blind eye.
something Diana struggled to do, and Jesus Meghan would have Harry’s balls hanging beside her stud earrings if she was cheated on.
and the new Harry wouldn’t have it in him god love him.

I don't believe everything Meghan has said but she has definitely been treated unfairly by the press and sometimes the royals themselves - If she bullied anyone she should be held accountable, but so should the royal household who knew about it and didn't do anything about it at the time. I believe she has denied it? There's the statement I found on it below:

A spokesperson for the Sussexes has responded to the claims, saying that Meghan has been the victim of “a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation”.
They said: “We are disappointed to see this defamatory portrayal of The Duchess of Sussex given credibility by a media outlet. It’s no coincidence that distorted several-year-old accusations aimed at undermining The Duchess are being briefed to the British media shortly before she and The Duke are due to speak openly and honestly about their experience of recent years.”
The spokesperson added that Meghan was “saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma”.

I think you have to read that statement carefully.

misleading and misinformation - but no specifics? Surely you would just say 'denies all allegations and stands against bullying'

defamatory portrayal - which bit? they have been sue happy prior to now, if its not right, sue away.

distorted accusations - what so not completely false then? If they are false say so.

saddened as a victim of bullying - IMO this is DARVO - deny, attack, reverse victim order. Classic narc tactic.

• Heart

FrostyChops

VIP Member
As far as l know he has retired from public life. No loss of privilege as he hasn't been found guilty of anything other than association. It's not a punishment is it? I feel sorry for his daughters.

lalalanded

VIP Member
The racist remark is not excusable at all but why haven’t they said what was said and who said it I want to know I don’t want a racist king running our country

Secondly Meghan mentioned titles in the interview and about how Archie wasn’t given the title , he will become prince when Charles becomes king it’s the monarchs grandkids who get titles and George got it because he would be king.

Meghan said she in the interview she knew about the legislation and mentioned George the V who set the legislation, Archie was offered a title the Earl of Dumbarton , and turned it down as she didn’t want archie to have titles , and she made it clear oh how can the other great grandkids get it and Archie can’t... being Williams kids that was a dig at them.

But also what about the poor Cambridge kids they will have to live with this a long time , I can’t imagine how that’s gonna affect thier mental health and the scrutiny they will get people at school today will know and they won’t have no idea what’s going on.
How interesting that she knew all about the legislation regarding titles for her children but didn't know how to curtsey or the words to God Save the Queen. And it sounds like she wants us to believe she'd never even heard of Harry before they met....................

princesssparklepants

Not seen any of it, just catching up with comments here.

My thoughts. I reckon it was Charles who asked about the colour of his skin, however I doubt it was meant in the negative way it was taken. Not saying it was right, but I think it's just a generational thing.

*disclaimer, I am not condoning the comment, it's just my thoughts on it, considering Charles age.
I have to say I agree. My nephew is mixed race as his mum is of Indian and my brother is white. His skin colour was brought up several times and it wasnt meant racist at all. His mum brought it up too.

It was also an issue post birth too as our poor baba had jaundice but due to his mixed race and not knowing "what colour" he was meant to be meant we didn't realise at first for the first couple of days.

Again at no point was it meant to be racist, that little boy is the center of all our worlds and we worship him as he was a long time coming and was much wanted by the entire family ❤

• Heart

slugella

VIP Member
Totally missing the whole point of the revelations but I wish Wills would shave his head. His hair is so aging.
He makes my skin crawl I don't know why 😂 I just get really boring, unhappy vibes from him and Kate. I wouldn't say I dislike them as they are too vanilla for that, just very uninteresting.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Abdicate? No. But I'm sick of hearing about the oath she took. I treat people with the respect they deserve but the Andrew situation really doesn't sit well with me. Allegedly he is her favourite child and she is also his boss, so it's really fucked up.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I may be completely out of order here, but coming g off the back of the Priti Patel bullying allegations, it just seems a bit of a coincidence that two places stuffed with old guard public schoolboys are suddenly quivering in a corner when they are told what to do by women, and women of colour. I mean, Priti Patel is pretty vile, but really, nastier than Gordon Brown or any other politician? Same with Meghan Markle. She may be a vile bully, but more vile than Prince Andrew? Or Princess Michael of Kent?

• Heart
Reactions: 14