Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scandalous_Purpose

I asked,'What did he do? I mean proven stuff, convictions, stuff you actually saw him do.'

I asked as I live in the UK, am a qualified solicitor and both personally and professionally, believe that the rule of law is paramount. I personally would happily lock my neighbour away for life for constantly lighting barbecues when my washing's on the line and nothing but the death penalty will satisfy me for the scum who don't pick up their dog's shit from playgrounds. But Habeas corpus is a vital part of a just legal system, as is the idea that someone is innocent until proven guilty. You can libel people if you so wish and bay for blood, but I prefer a civilised approach. It's the only way to be better than the bad guys.

I'm not saying I don't believe the accusations, but ultimately that is irrelevant. I will not hold a kangaroo court however unsavoury a person is.
the very fact that he continued to be friends with someone who was a known trafficker and paedophile is enough to justify stripping him of his titles in my opinion

Reactions: 17
Yes and this is why I think what they've said and how they said it is unfair. No one that is under suspicion here has the right of reply so it is very unfair to speculate.
Yes, and the correct question for Oprah to ask would have been:
"Have you discussed this with the person that made the comment? What did they say? Did you tell this person that you found the comment to be offensive? Did you take it to TQ if you were unable to solve this issue?"

This Oprah will be the peak of H&M's 15 minutes of fame. If this is a tell-all interview then they've played all their cards and won't have anything as shocking or scandalous to offer. Sure they may have more deals with Disney or Netflix but there will never be a such interest as they have now. Hope they enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Jkay

Chatty Member
They might not have personally viewed it a bad thing if Archie's skin tone was dark. Their "concern" might have been for him having to go through life being a victim of racism from other people if he had very dark skin.

Meghan and Harry have been a bit vague here so we can't really make a decision without clearer details and context.
People like his grandad and great grandad? 😂

All these users with in-laws who are mixed race etc and asking their brother or sister what colour will the child be, I'm like wow. I'm a black woman and if my husband's sister just casually wondered to him what colour our child would be then I'd be like wtf.

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
How convenient for the Royal family that Harry and Meghan decided to leave when they did. It certainly took the press attention off uncle Andy. Whatever happened with all that unsavoury business anyway? The media have gone rather quiet 🤫 where is the investigative journalism? Instead they are scrutinising Meghans terrible sense of style and choice of makeup. Good Lord!!!

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
From previous thread...
Again, they worked more than the other 2 in the year and a bit they were there - Apparently Kate felt Megan was showing her up.
Meghan manages to show herself up without needing any help from others - remember Wimbledon?:rolleyes:

georg

Can you imagine the conversation on the phone between Kate and Pippa this morning ?

• Haha

igiveup

VIP Member
Has anyone also read about Kate Middletons mum turning down a publicity drive and interviews for her business as she doesn’t want to come across as insensitive or heartless whilst Philip is in hospital.

Respect to Kate’s mother

Yet Harry and Meghan can’t do that until he knows his grandfather is better , clearly goes to show it’s always been about money especially for Oprah

NOID-phal

VIP Member
I am pretty sure Andrew might have been slightly aware that something dodgy was going on, but made sure he never saw or heard anything explicitly. I am on edge if he is blinded enough to believe the young women really liked him (even though as a younger men with his position he probably got lots of advances) or if he just didn’t care. There is a big difference in knowing something or just assuming it. My guess is, that there is no evidence that Andrew was knowingly involved in anything illegal. I doubt there would be a conviction. That doesn’t mean though that he is morally excused. But all those allegations have been made before. He was smart enough to disappear- or maybe not (he wasn’t smart enough to not go on camera) and was made to disappear. This way he can live out on a “retired” status. I think most of his patronages have cut ties at this point.
I do wonder about the Queen’s role. Because either she calls the shots or she doesn’t. If she does, it seems strange that H&M still speak extremely highly of her. If she doesn’t, she cannot do much about Andrew. Don’t get me wrong- if that idiot was my son I would have locked him up on a country estate after the first time Virginia spoke publicly. He should have gotten a thorough dressing down. Give his eldest daughter the Dukedom (my inner feminist would live for that change) and take all his military positions. I do have a problem with people calling him a pweirdo- because paedophilia specifically describes a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. There just is no different definition. As far as I can see it, this is not the case. He might very well be a sexual aggressor or predator.
He stayed at Epstein's house in New York, apparently that has dubious photos of young girls on the walls, sex toys everywhere, and lots of young girls there all the time. I can't see any way he didn't realise the whole thing was as dodgy as fuck. Ghislaine sounds like a predatory pervert too, and he's known her very well for years. Even if he didn't do anything, he certainly knew a lot more than he's admitted.

• Wow
  • Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Does anyone else think it’s really cruel the Queen has had two new puppies given her age and the fact that most dogs live for about ten plus years? Just a few years ago we were told she would be having anymore because she didn’t want to leave any behind. Obviously they’re not going to end up in Battersea or the Dogs Trust when she finally goes, but dogs grieve their owners much like humans do.
When my step father died we were told to take his dog in to see his body. Apparently it helps the dog see that their owner has gone and would not be coming back so they wouldn’t keep looking for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

Ophelia

Piers Morgan has a really weird obsession with Meghan 🤢
😂

The cynic in me thinks that Harry and Meghan have been thrown to the lions in order to protect Andrew. It makes me so angry that they are getting so much abuse from the press when he’s getting away scot free, why isn’t Piers Morgan asking why Andrew has been extradited to the USA instead of slating H&M?

I read a PR thread linked on another site, I am pretty sure it was from Mumsnet. The person was answering questions and they had it on good authority that H & M were thrown to the press wolves to distract from the alleged Rose Hanbury affair and like you say, I suspect also to distract from Andrew. So you wonder if they're throwing one of their own (Harry) under the bus, why should he be okay with it?

lol I'm genuinely don't understand people being shocked about the racist comments. The royal family is know for a lot but being anti-racist isn't one of them. Philip has said some disgusting things in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him

Jamhead

VIP Member
I really hope he doesn’t hate the British public because without us he’d be a nobody.
But that's what he wants to be. He wanted to fade into obscurity in Africa doing charity work. He was all set to do it, but Meghan wanted a life elsewhere.
This is what makes me believe that Meghan is the driving force behind all this 'air time' the pair are getting.
I mean Harry is a prick, don't get me wrong but I think he would have happily melted away to a life out of the limelight. That isn't what his actress wife wants though and so he's following her like a lap dog!

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Also remember when Harry used to go out with Chelsy Davey? The reason they split up was rumoured to be because she wanted a proper career. I think she became a lawyer in the end.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
llllll
Papers have him dead and buried. The Queen was on an official engagement today, albeit over zoom, would she have done that if her husband of 70 odd years was dying.
Isn't it pretty much a case of the show must go on till the actual death?

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
I'm not quite sure why anyone thinks Meghan owes it to the royals to give up her life for them. I'm not that keen on her but I can see why they left, life as a second string royal must be boring and they got a lot of hassle. I think a lot of the ultra royalists problems are that if senior members can up and leave then they can't be that special, the royal family hinges on the idea they're some how special and different from the rest of us. As soon as they're not, what is the point?
She had a choice to marry into the family. You don't get to keep your life as it was before and use taxpayers cash to fund it.

If she didn't want her life to change, she should have decided it wasn't worth it. Many others have made that decision at a much younger age.

I always assumed the bullying allegations were false. But clearly not, the times is not the kind of paper to run sensationalist stories like the sun or mail. And it seems reading the full article they have their 'receipts' all in order.
This looks terrible for Meghan, Harry and Buckingham palace. It seems the palace did all they could to protect Meghan when they should have been protecting their staff from her.
There is only so long you can brush things under the carpet before things start to spill out.
I agree with you.

And it also undermines Oprah's credibility - she based the interview on the victim / racism narrative by the looks of it and now it becomes clear that she wasn't aware of all these other problems which doesn't reflect well on her and her "big revealing interview, nothing is off limits, some pretty shocking stuff had been said".

Oprah won't like it and might feel resentment against the H and M if they - which is likely - did not tell her about all this stuff about bullying and the earrings that now came out.

The interview is still a few days away... I wonder what story will break on Friday or Saturday, in time for the weekend.

H and M must be shitting themselves. This must be so stressful for them. Is it really worth it?

Scandalous_Purpose

I think Kate’s dress is my least favourite out of the recent Royals. She looks stunning but for some reason I don’t like lace, although I think it looks lovely on others.

I think Meghan looked incredible, her dress was gorgeous and definitely my favourite.

I loved how vintage Beatrice’s dress was and I loved how extravagant yet simple Eugenie’s dress was. For two sister who were absolutely ripped apart over their fashion choices at Kate and Will’s wedding, they sure did wear some absolutely stunning dresses.

• Heart