The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but i'm embarrassed that people juts take what she says at face level and don't engage their brain. Talking about someones skin colour doesn't automatically make it racist, it could be or it could not be. We weren't there, Meghan wasn't there and Harry is a stupid kunt.

Why must her suicide thing be true? People are always making up suicide stuff for attention. It's a real trend at the moment.

Deceitful little witch. Makes a vague comment that is very damaging and then pretends she's being nice by being vague to protect them.

Pitty you Harry! She'll dump you when she wants to and she's burnt all your bridges.
Appreciate you feel strongly about this and I am in no way defending her but calling them horrible names really doesn't help matters. A lot of good points get raised in the Harry and Meghan thread but this sort of thing is quite frankly very off putting.

Reactions: 24
This is exactly what happens when such vague comments are being made. People draw their own conclusions and form their own beliefs.
We all do it, no offence to CassieSTuart
Yes and this is why I think what they've said and how they said it is unfair. No one that is under suspicion here has the right of reply so it is very unfair to speculate.

Reactions: 6
To be honest Brits are similarly obsessed with people with ginger hair too. Anyone who has ginger hair and has kids is open to comments regarding whether the kids will be gingers, or worse.
This is true, my partner is ginger and even though he isn’t my son’s biological Dad, the amount of comments I get about his red cast and will he go ginger is unbelievable- this is from people who actually know he’s not the bio Dad. My son is 17 months and a brunette, exactly the same colour as me but everyone wants to see red hair.

Reactions: 4
Yes and this is why I think what they've said and how they said it is unfair. No one that is under suspicion here has the right of reply so it is very unfair to speculate.
Yes, and the correct question for Oprah to ask would have been:
"Have you discussed this with the person that made the comment? What did they say? Did you tell this person that you found the comment to be offensive? Did you take it to TQ if you were unable to solve this issue?"

Reactions: 17
I think of someone says something racist or "off" it can throw you and they may not have replied at the time. And remember this is Harry, not exactly a bright spark, probably took him awhile to understand what was said.

Reactions: 3
Yes, and the correct question for Oprah to ask would have been:
"Have you discussed this with the person that made the comment? What did they say? Did you tell this person that you found the comment to be offensive? Did you take it to TQ if you were unable to solve this issue?"
Spot on. But it wasn't down to Oprah to present a balanced version of this anecdote. It was meant to be a gotcha moment and she certainly milked it for all it was worth. If it were a balanced interview she would have also questioned Harry on his own dubious past. Rather than leaving this in the air, it could have been properly discussed. But that was never the point. They deliberately let off a grenade and sidestepped away.

Reactions: 9
I think of someone says something racist or "off" it can throw you and they may not have replied at the time. And remember this is Harry, not exactly a bright spark, probably took him awhile to understand what was said.
But how long does it take you to recover from the shock of the comment? Harry said it was made before the wedding, this was almost three years ago now.
I appreciate that you might not respond in the moment, but certainly a few days or weeks after the comment was made someone should be able to.

Spot on. But it wasn't down to Oprah to present a balanced version of this anecdote. It was meant to be a gotcha moment and she certainly milked it for all it was worth. If it were a balanced interview she would have also questioned Harry on his own dubious past. Rather than leaving this in the air, it could have been properly discussed. But that was never the point. They deliberately let off a grenade and sidestepped away.
Yes, Oprah wanted to make dollars.

First she comes to Windsor to the wedding, then she throws the BRF to the wolves.

There is something deeply unpleasant about this behaviour, but I understand that to succeed in the media business it is necessary to stir up drama and have a shock factor.

Oprah really revealed herself her - it is all about the money.
At least she should be honest about it and not pretend to be a woke good-doer.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is true, my partner is ginger and even though he isn’t my son’s biological Dad, the amount of comments I get about his red cast and will he go ginger is unbelievable- this is from people who actually know he’s not the bio Dad. My son is 17 months and a brunette, exactly the same colour as me but everyone wants to see red hair.
I love red hair and have dyed my hair auburn for a good 30 years. It would have saved me a fortune if I'd been naturally blessed instead of bog standard brown! Ginger haired people have such beautiful skin colour too. Actually I remember Prince Charles apparently was nasty when Harry was born and said something like "oh god he's a boy and he's even got red hair." What a git. He wanted a girl, but obviously not a girl with red hair. I loved Diana, but she should have kept her mouth shut about that.

• Heart
Harry just doesn't live in the real world. He inherited millions from Diana, yet he's all hurt and outraged that his free ride in life was over when they left. Poor darling is having to use his own money, rf are monsters. 😂 Actually said they couldn't have moved if he didn't use his own money.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I’ve seen all over social media (Twitter and Facebook and sometimes on Instagram) that Archie is a doll and that Meghan was never pregnant. These echo chambers are wild!
Just catching up with the thread......but yes! This is sooooo silly! Can they not hear/read themselves? I’m no sympathiser but for gods sake 😅 smh

Reactions: 10
Apparently it has been confirmed by Oprah today that the senior person that made the racist comment was neither the Queen or Prince Phillip.
That leaves PC, Camilla, Kate, Andrew, Anne, Edward and Sophie. Did I miss someone? For all its worth
OR major plot twist did they mean senior as in old? It’s perfectly possible and a great play on words if so.

Reactions: 5
That leaves PC, Camilla, Kate, Andrew, Anne, Edward and Sophie. Did I miss someone? For all its worth
OR major plot twist did they mean senior as in old? It’s perfectly possible and a great play on words if so.
You forgot William.

And I think Andrew is not being regarded as a senior royal anymore.

You forgot William.

And I think Andrew is not being regarded as a senior royal anymore.
And I could be wrong but I don't think he was referring to anyone that 'married in' so to speak. With Oprah cancelling out Her Maj and Prince Phillip, I think we can guess it's either Charles or William. And again, we have no reference for the conversation but I am shocked he would do that to his brother and father.

Reactions: 3
I'm not in any camp at the moment so I'm just watching the world burn. However I'd love to see Piers publicly flogged.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well l'm getting my popcorn out for later.

I saw Piers bellowing over everyone this morning in his usual charming way 😖 saying we don't know it was racism without the context. I considered this quite carefully and agree the context would have been useful. However the likely motivation of such a comment would be a concern that Archie would be black in my opinion. So absolutely racist.

Not naming who it was and allowing this circus is ridiculous. They should have kept quiet. I don't think it was Charles. He seemed to be genuine with Doria at the wedding. I think Camilla is a good shout. I doubt she had ever spoken to a black person before meeting the Markles and didn't she pull a face when asked if she would miss them?

The whole wedding thing is a debacle too. I feel a bit cheated even though l don't care that much.

Then there is poor Harry who only has his mother's 30 million since last year. However will he cope.

The mystic of the RF is that they make us believe they are like us. They like roast chicken and have kids that misbehave.It's becoming glaringly obvious they are not in the least bit like us. They don't even live on the same planet as us.

I suggest Royal Family #5 Eastenders Royal Edition out now

Reactions: 12
They might not have personally viewed it a bad thing if Archie's skin tone was dark. Their "concern" might have been for him having to go through life being a victim of racism from other people if he had very dark skin.

Meghan and Harry have been a bit vague here so we can't really make a decision without clearer details and context.
The comments about the skin tone of a baby were made prior even to the wedding - so weren’t about Archie personally

Reactions: 2
Sorry but i'm embarrassed that people juts take what she says at face level and don't engage their brain. Talking about someones skin colour doesn't automatically make it racist, it could be or it could not be. We weren't there, Meghan wasn't there and Harry is a stupid kunt.

Why must her suicide thing be true? People are always making up suicide stuff for attention. It's a real trend at the moment.

Deceitful little witch. Makes a vague comment that is very damaging and then pretends she's being nice by being vague to protect them.

Pitty you Harry! She'll dump you when she wants to and she's burnt all your bridges.
I hope you never go through Mental Health struggles because you comment above is disgusting.

Reactions: 23
He’s got more inheritance to come when he turns 40 from the queen mother and apparently it’s a good amount.

Harry just doesn't live in the real world. He inherited millions from Diana, yet he's all hurt and outraged that his free ride in life was over when they left. Poor darling is having to use his own money, rf are monsters. 😂 Actually said they couldn't have moved if he didn't use his own money.
I thought Charles too, my mind changed to Camilla though , do you think this could be one of the reasons why Harry and his dad are not taking?

Well l'm getting my popcorn out for later.

I saw Piers bellowing over everyone this morning in his usual charming way 😖 saying we don't know it was racism without the context. I considered this quite carefully and agree the context would have been useful. However the likely motivation of such a comment would be a concern that Archie would be black in my opinion. So absolutely racist.

Not naming who it was and allowing this circus is ridiculous. They should have kept quiet. I don't think it was Charles. He seemed to be genuine with Doria at the wedding. I think Camilla is a good shout. I doubt she had ever spoken to a black person before meeting the Markles and didn't she pull a face when asked if she would miss them?

The whole wedding thing is a debacle too. I feel a bit cheated even though l don't care that much.

Then there is poor Harry who only has his mother's 30 million since last year. However will he cope.

The mystic of the RF is that they make us believe they are like us. They like roast chicken and have kids that misbehave.It's becoming glaringly obvious they are not in the least bit like us. They don't even live on the same planet as us.

I suggest Royal Family #5 Eastenders Royal Edition out now

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.