The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have an awful feeling that BBC Scotland accidentally ran the obit because he is dead? :(

Reactions: 3
Somewhat strange they are launching an investigation now, over 2 years later, following the public questioning if the Palace allows bullying to take place.

However it's great entertainment. Hardly their usual dignified silence. I bet Liz is spitting rivets in private.

Reactions: 11
Oh if PP dies or The Queen or even his father , Harry won’t come back at all.

The family will be frosty but Meghan won’t let him incase he gets sucked back in and he ends up realising he misses them.

I bet he did want to come back to support his grandmother, but I reckon MM wouldn’t let him because she can’t be alone and it will continue to be about her.
Ridiculous. I think Harry will go back for the funerals but Meghan (and Archie) won’t step foot in the country again.

She has her pregnancy on side as a reason for not coming back in the next 3-6 months should anything happen then.

Does anyone have an awful feeling that BBC Scotland accidentally ran the obit because he is dead? :(
Wouldn’t be surprised if there was an embargo on his death until Monday.
I think the firm is aware that they can’t stop the interview going live but will try to control the narrative by overshadowing any “bombshells” with PP’s death.

Reactions: 2
I was under the impression that the M&H bullying allegations came from former staff, not from BP?

Reactions: 8
Neither sides have denied it, but I wouldn’t be suprised with Harry being accused to.

He threw a tantrum if things didn’t go Meghan’s way or he or she didn’t get what they wanted.

I find it really interesting that Meg never really denied the bullying accusations. The lawyers just said it was misleading and misinformation. I would have said they were lies if someone posted that about me

Reactions: 4
It came from the former Comms exec who made the complaints on behalf of two women who left. Melissa someone or other was one of the women.

Neither sides have denied it, but I wouldn’t be suprised with Harry being accused to.

He threw a tantrum if things didn’t go Meghan’s way or he or she didn’t get what they wanted.
Oh but this is more than throwing tantrums. One of them was shaking with fear. They had their confidence undermined. They were humiliated.

I think it's true.

Reactions: 9
I look forward to BP launching an investigation into a Prince being a n once.

Just kidding, that'll never happen 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ridiculous. I think Harry will go back for the funerals but Meghan (and Archie) won’t step foot in the country again.

She has her pregnancy on side as a reason for not coming back in the next 3-6 months should anything happen then.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was an embargo on his death until Monday.
I think the firm is aware that they can’t stop the interview going live but will try to control the narrative by overshadowing any “bombshells” with PP’s death.
The Invictus Games are in the Netherlands next year so he will be in Europe for them.

It be pretty risky keeping an embargo that long - how would they explain it without sounding bonkers - his death certificate is a public document so the date would emerge.
yes! Was just about to post about this. Cut to some old footage of Phil then went blank 🧐
Probally someone doing editing on the obituary just in case.

No.
Gaffes like this have happened before, about other people, too. Someone accidentally published whilst editing and well...

The fail also accidentally published articles on court cases declaring a false win or loss, because they expected one outcome and had articles ready for both, but who published clicked too fast.

I was under the impression that the M&H bullying allegations came from former staff, not from BP?
Yes.
BP has now launched an investigation. Conveniently, the bullies are no longer with BP.

Most hilarious when companies launch investigations and then find everything to be just dandy, when everyone knows it's not and those at fault left the building already, so any consequence is already dead in the water.

@vikka what was the real reason for his abdication, his association with unmentionables?
I watched several great docus on Ed and Wallis.

The establishment had many problems with Ed, some ridiculous, some serious.

On the serious front was the Nazi plan. No, not his Nazi love (which most people of the Establishment were guilty of, plus media etc), but the plan that the establishment got wind of Hitler invading Britain and Ed ruling under that (and Ed being perfectly fine with this). Germany invading Britain was unacceptable and that was the gravest "Nazi problem", not the support of the movement within Germany per se.

Their problem with Wallis was just that Wallis was friends with various people and they were afraid of pillow talk and that reaching outsiders (eg Wallis seeing the red boxes and blabbing etc). That was their biggest problem with Wallis and that was mostly a small fish to fry.

Their biggest problems, with today's eyes easily deemed ridiculous (frankly, even then anyone with a heart would deem them ridiculous), were Ed's "eccentricities", like dressing too awfully for the golf course (actually quite similar to today's golf attire, back then it was... gauche), him shaking hands with the working class (no one shook hands back then and even Liz only started to shake hands after Diana did so), him wanting to visit working class people (in the docu comparisons were drawn with Diana, same with the question by Liz to Diana why she'd want to see all these ill people and not do "nicer things"), criticising the living and health conditions the working class was subject to (wanting to improve these areas) and all this was sticking his nose where it didn't belong and threatening the status quo. In some areas, like these, he would've made a pretty fine and revolutionary king.

He also didn't want to host the archbishop of Canterbury on his holiday (at Sandringham) as was tradition, saying it's his holiday, why should he work by socializing and entertaining work mates (to put it simply), which frankly I can't fault him for having this attitude.
The establishment was appalled and they had the Yorks host the archbishop, which the Yorks happily did.
The major problem here, though, was that this effectively created a shadow court and the Yorks cosplaying king and queen and setting up their court with the help of the establishment, as they then proceeded to do more things like a shadow court. Everyone was aware of this, no one was an innocent. This is also why it's always whispered that Liz the qm helped get rid of Ed (i.e. helping with his abdication).

And well, misogyny being what it is and the establishment needing a reason to give the public for the abdication, Wallis was put forward as reason.
They could hardly say: "Ed's caring for the working class doesn't gel with us and even though we like Hitler and his party we can't have him invade Britain, so the king has to go."
There are letters surviving which she wrote to her ex-husband explicitly saying that she didn't want to marry Ed and she was happy as is and how miserable marriage would be. She had no choice after the abdication.

There are fantastic docus on YouTube, they aired on the BBC and elsewhere, letters are shown etc. I was quite shocked when I learnt this because the Nazi narrative is so strong and no one wants to say these days that so many of the upper class and the establishment were anti-Semites and in favour of Hitler.

Remember the video of Liz the qm, Margaret and Lizzie doing the Nazi salute?
I mean, fine, kids are kids, but Liz the queen mum was an adult and fully knew what was going on and what she was doing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
No.
Gaffes like this have happened before, about other people, too. Someone accidentally published whilst editing and well...

The fail also accidentally published articles on court cases declaring a false win or loss, because they expected one outcome and had articles ready for both, but who published clicked too fast.

Yes.
BP has now launched an investigation. Conveniently, the bullies are no longer with BP.

Most hilarious when companies launch investigations and then find everything to be just dandy, when everyone knows it's not and those at fault left the building already, so any consequence is already dead in the water.

I watched several great docus on Ed and Wallis.

The establishment had many problems with Ed, some ridiculous, some serious.

On the serious front was the Nazi plan. No, not his Nazi love (which most people of the Establishment were guilty of, plus media etc), but the plan that the establishment got wind of Hitler invading Britain and Ed ruling under that (and Ed being perfectly fine with this). Germany invading Britain was unacceptable and that was the gravest "Nazi problem", not the support of the movement within Germany per se.

Their problem with Wallis was just that Wallis was friends with various people and they were afraid of pillow talk and that reaching outsiders (eg Wallis seeing the red boxes and blabbing etc). That was their biggest problem with Wallis and that was mostly a small fish to fry.

Their biggest problems, with today's eyes easily deemed ridiculous (frankly, even then anyone with a heart would deem them ridiculous), were Ed's "eccentricities", like dressing too awfully for the golf course (actually quite similar to today's golf attire, back then it was... gauche), him shaking hands with the working class (no one shook hands back then and even Liz only started to shake hands after Diana did so), him wanting to visit working class people (in the docu comparisons were drawn with Diana, same with the question by Liz to Diana why she'd want to see all these ill people and not do "nicer things"), criticising the living and health conditions the working class was subject to (wanting to improve these areas) and all this was sticking his nose where it didn't belong and threatening the status quo. In some areas, like these, he would've made a pretty fine and revolutionary king.

He also didn't want to host the archbishop of Canterbury on his holiday (at Sandringham) as was tradition, saying it's his holiday, why should he work by socializing and entertaining work mates (to put it simply), which frankly I can't fault him for having this attitude.
The establishment was appalled and they had the Yorks host the archbishop, which the Yorks happily did.
The major problem here, though, was that this effectively created a shadow court and the Yorks cosplaying king and queen and setting up their court with the help of the establishment, as they then proceeded to do more things like a shadow court. Everyone was aware of this, no one was an innocent. This is also why it's always whispered that Liz the qm helped get rid of Ed (i.e. helping with his abdication).

And well, misogyny being what it is and the establishment needing a reason to give the public for the abdication, Wallis was put forward as reason.
They could hardly say: "Ed's caring for the working class doesn't gel with us and even though we like Hitler and his party we can't have him invade Britain, so the king has to go."
There are letters surviving which she wrote to her ex-husband explicitly saying that she didn't want to marry Ed and she was happy as is and how miserable marriage would be. She had no choice after the abdication.

There are fantastic docus on YouTube, they aired on the BBC and elsewhere, letters are shown etc. I was quite shocked when I learnt this because the Nazi narrative is so strong and no one wants to say these days that so many of the upper class and the establishment were anti-Semites and in favour of Hitler.

I mean, fine, kids are kids, but Liz the queen mum was an adult and fully knew what was going on and what she was doing.
I read once people thought the Sun revealed the Video as a warning as the rumour is Rupert Murdoch admires the Queen but not the rest of her family who has is alledge to have tons of unpublished dirt on.

What are the odds on the investigation finding no bullying? It's in their interests (as they did nothing the first time they were told, M has left, they won't want to stop the others being divas) and might help stop the current mud slinging.

I think Maxima’s wedding dress suited her really well!
With lace, I think I like it up to the neck, kinda like a Victorian inspired way. I think one of the best lace dresses in this case was Alessandra de Osma who married Prince of Hanover as well as Princess Marie-Chante. I like the simplicity of Princess Mette-Marit’s wedding dress but I hated the flowers, looks like she pulled them from the shower plug!
With Meghan’s dress, because she is so small I felt that she looked swamped in it. I wish it was a bit more fitted, especially at the waist
MC's and Alesandra's were quite similar!
I like Mette's dress, too! She wore no make-up on the day, she looked great! Let's pretend the bouquet didn't exist 😂 easily the most hideous thing I've seen, the rest was perfection.
LOL from the shower plug, so true!!!

Steph of Luxembourg looked also lovely, though also a lace dress. She lost her mother shortly before her wedding, which was very sad. Don't know how she got through the day.

Margaret's whole wedding look was also absolutely fabulous, just the very wide ball gown style made her look very small (which ball gown styles tend to do, Zara also looked small due to the ballgown type skirt).

I read once people thought the Sun revealed the Video as a warning as the rumour is Rupert Murdoch admires the Queen but not the rest of her family who has is alledge to have tons of unpublished dirt on.
I have read the rumour, too, that Murdoch has a tit tonne on them and waiting for Liz to pop her clogs to unleash it all.

I suppose we'll see one day. If all this dirt is coming, then personally I can't wait to see it all. It'll be the mother of all dirt.

Makes you wonder about statements of Phil and Liz jesting they'll live as long as possible (so Charles can't be king and to keep the ship going and all that).

On the suggestion of an embargo till Monday: No way. This has never happened before and won't now.
If it did, it would be questionable practice and bring them loads of bad press, rightly so.

These things are announced within a day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

They sound interesting
Yeah why would kids mess about by doing a Nazi salute, while being recorded by an adult and in the presence of their mother, who didn't tell them off? Most of the aristocracy were fascists until Hitler started talking about invading Britain.

Reactions: 1
The piece says that Harry's been a bully to staff as well, spoilt, demanding, but Meghan was worse in behaviour.

"Saying goodbye" doesn't mean just "come to the deathbed", but also "prepare for the funeral".

I don't know about Ed, but Wallis felt trapped, she never wanted to marry him to begin with, but then had to. Divorce was out of the question.

Wallis was used as convenient excuse, the Establishment's least problem in dealing with Ed was Wallis. They did not force him to abdicate because of Wallis, but that's what the public was told, because that was the most palatable excuse.

Charles and Cam don't live apart. She goes sometimes to her own house to entertain family etc, but that they live apart or regret marriage is bollocks.

I know it’s a while back but I did hear it from other people!!

No other media have reported it when all tabloids reported something similar two weeks ago so who knows. Would Barts even allow adult separate household grandkids into say goodbye anyway - it might be the Queen and four kids are the only ones allowed in.
My friend's father in law is in hospital, dying, his whole family are allowed in to see him, from several households but they are only allowed two at a time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I know it’s a while back but I did hear it from other people!!
Good find, I remember this!

Quite possible they went through a bad spell, I mean it doesn't really matter when you get married or to whom, ups and downs are bound to happen.

Camilla is an extremely messy person, she used to drive her roommates up the wall with this back in the day before she married APB.

Keeping separate houses like this isn't unusual, those who don't do that in their circles have instead separate quarters. Like normal people sleeping separately because of the snoring problem, just bigger 😂

These days, they are too affectionate with each other and Camilla has for instance real trouble in hot climates, it affects her health and she still goes on tour with Charles regardless. If the marriage were *ahem* "irretrievably broken down" (sorry, couldn't resist 🙈 ) she wouldn't tour with him places that literally knock her off her feet, esp at her age. She does also arrive earlier than Charles sometimes to acclimatize and prep stuff for him (!!), but also leaves earlier. No spouses who regret marrying each other would do this and then be warm towards each other on top of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What are the odds on the investigation finding no bullying? It's in their interests (as they did nothing the first time they were told, M has left, they won't want to stop the others being divas) and might help stop the current mud slinging.
It might suit them but the press will demand the Bullying is proven and might turn on Andrew again if it's not.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.