The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't see why they'd need their in-laws to pay it off, they are more than well off in their own right
Are they though? I am not sure they are quite as well off as they like to portray themselves. The Companies House records are... strange.

Reactions: 3
I dunno - people don't seem to have a problem when the Queen "settled" Andrews debts and they were alot bigger....
I disagree. People had a whole lot to say about HMTQ stepping in for PA. And it wasn’t in her favour.
Using Williams money to bail out his in laws wouldn’t go down as well. They could never make anyone believe the funded this completely themselves. The Duchy is part of his job and that’s where the money would come from, not because he hired a clever stock broker for his pocket money at 21. It would muddy the lines and reek of nepotism.
Michael and Carol should cover their own debts. They decided to leave a sinking ship. Those creditors could have checked the books and look closely at the market. Not assume a rich in law would step in. Especially one with such a high profile. If anything, they should have expected the Walses would never go near the business.

Reactions: 16
Some people did but not the uproar
People did, even royalists had a problem with it and it comes up frequently as an example of things The Queen did wrong or an example of problems with royalty.
I think people talked about it but I don't think that it got the uproar it deserved, especially when it came to light that it could be taxpayers money - There was more articles on how the royals spend tax payers money on renovations and Duchy money on clothes than there was on that.

I think the lines between what us as the tax payers pay for and what they pay for is very blurred - for instance they don't give a breakdown on how they spend the money the government give them yearly or how much tax they pay so i agree what other people have said that William shouldn't be bailing our the Middleton's business, even if he has the funds for it.

Reactions: 2
Are they though? I am not sure they are quite as well off as they like to portray themselves. The Companies House records are... strange.
They bought their current house for £5m iirc, and would a couple in their 50's at the time get much of a mortgage? I guess they are a special case.

Though when I just googled it right now it said William helped out with the deposit. Don't think much was made of it at the time. Maybe uncle Gary threw some money in too.

Reactions: 2
I don’t see why we’re even talking about it on here as the Middletons aren’t Royals!

They bought their current house for £5m iirc, and would a couple in their 50's at the time get much of a mortgage? I guess they are a special case.

Though when I just googled it right now it said William helped out with the deposit. Don't think much was made of it at the time. Maybe uncle Gary threw some money in too.
Some one mentioned that “uncle Garry” was filtering funds through that business!

• Wow
I don’t see why we’re even talking about it on here as the Middletons aren’t Royals!
Maybe not but because of their very close association with The Royals, it is mentioned in the press. If there was no association with the Royals it wouldn't have been in any media outlet.

Anyway, they are the grandparents of the future King, of course we're going to mention them.

Reactions: 9
Why? Rather he took the hit than businesses and creditors. He has his own funds with the Duchy of Cornwall now. Why would anyone object to that? I think he's going to get more flack for not doing it.
LOL! This thread alone has people every few pages foaming at the mouth because "that witch Kate is using my taxes for hair extensions while I have to work 9-5 with no nannies" {paraphrasing} and you don't think there'd be an uproar if William paid off the Middleton's debt? No one is going to take the time to understand where he got the money, they would automatically assume he's used public funds and call for his head on a spike.

Not his business not his problem.

As for the creditors, why should anyone feel bad for them? Default risk is priced into the business of issuing loans - and I am sure they waste no time bankrupting and ruining the lives of average people. If this company was run by John and Jane they would take the loss and shut up not run to the press about feeling "betrayed" lmfao. It's just business. Should have looked at the books instead of clout chasing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There are sadly hundreds of businesses in the exact same position since the pandemic…sorry but all these people running to the press saying they feel betrayed by Carole?! It’s snakey at best and they just want their five minutes. Sounds like she hasn’t even been involved in running it for the past 3 years and it’s been in the hands of a management company who were unable to ride the wave of Covid and lockdowns, I think in recent years it’s just been their name and her face on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t think anyone could properly write up where Wiliam’s private wealth starts and where the wealth by royal work ends. The Duchy is part of his private income now, as it was through Charles‘ pocket money before. But I think most would agree that this money definitely feels more public and therefore it’s a bit of a grey area.
And I am sure the BRF keeps the lines blurred on purpose. They go to quite the effort to hide their private wealth. Probably because it’s so much and because if you know what and where it is- you might start to ask where it comes from.

Reactions: 6
Just seen it’s Trooping the Colour tomorrow, hope all the soldiers are prepared for the high temperatures and we get some good action to discuss!

Just seen it’s Trooping the Colour tomorrow, hope all the soldiers are prepared for the high temperatures and we get some good action to discuss!
Curious as to the turnout after a funeral and a coronation sine the last one. Probably will be large but still, curious

Yes all my Apple calendars have told me it’s tomorrow … I think that was the original date planned before the Queen died but I’m sure I read they pushed it back a week to give the troops time to prepare after being in funeral and coronation prep

also v intrigued to see what the turnout is like, if the weather stays like this I imagine it will be good but if the weather is bad I don’t think many will brave it like they did for the coronation

Reactions: 1
I don’t think anyone could properly write up where Wiliam’s private wealth starts and where the wealth by royal work ends. The Duchy is part of his private income now, as it was through Charles‘ pocket money before. But I think most would agree that this money definitely feels more public and therefore it’s a bit of a grey area.
And I am sure the BRF keeps the lines blurred on purpose. They go to quite the effort to hide their private wealth. Probably because it’s so much and because if you know what and where it is- you might start to ask where it comes from.
They both have hefty inheritances from their mother, who in turn inherited from her father.

Another greyish area is that I think they get given and loaned lots of things, so their spending is really hard to judge.

My calendar says its the King's birthday today....is that what you mean by trooping the colour?

My calendar says its the King's birthday today....is that what you mean by trooping the colour?
Yes trooping the colour is for the monarch’s official birthday parade. I think someone above said it was moved back a week so some calendar are incorrect

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.