The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree @Great_Kate and actually all those events you mention, big birthdays and anniversary’s, are much easier to sell. As in, people will enjoy the fancy dresses and glitzy pictures without having to sit through a lengthy and boring service *cough the coronation*

Reactions: 3
I totally agree @Great_Kate and actually all those events you mention, big birthdays and anniversary’s, are much easier to sell. As in, people will enjoy the fancy dresses and glitzy pictures without having to sit through a lengthy and boring service *cough the coronation*
Constitutionally the coronation is by far the most important event for the Monarch as Head of State of all alongside the accession ceremony. If you were bored during the coronation and some incredibly powerful music and historic ceremony it just says you have a short attention span.

Weddings, birthdays, jubilees and anniversaries are nice add ons but nowhere near as important

Reactions: 1
Constitutionally the coronation is by far the most important event for the Monarch as Head of State of all alongside the accession ceremony. If you were bored during the coronation and some incredibly powerful music and historic ceremony it just says you have a short attention span.

Weddings, birthdays, jubilees and anniversaries are nice add ons but nowhere near as important
Wow thank you for the lovely response regarding my attention span 🫠 Of course the coronation is more important, I never said it wasn’t! Just that the other events are easy sells to the public without them having to sit through a long service just to see some glitz!

Reactions: 7
Wow thank you for the lovely response regarding my attention span 🫠 Of course the coronation is more important, I never said it wasn’t! Just that the other events are easy sells to the public without them having to sit through a long service just to see some glitz!
Fellow short attention span person here*

*I lasted from 11.00-11.15

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I didn't think it was that long to be fair.

I wonder if the sale for this went through already from previous reporting ..... I don't get how they got a PIP loan and didn't pay off some of these creditors though??!

“A spokesman said: 'What hurt me the most was that I trusted her as the mother-in-law of the future king — and she just betrayed me. It is absolutely unacceptable.”

Seems a reach.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
“A spokesman said: 'What hurt me the most was that I trusted her as the mother-in-law of the future king — and she just betrayed me. It is absolutely unacceptable.”

Seems a reach.
To his defense, alot of people would be of this mindset too, especially if the business has been a success for years (Monarchy = rich = trust they'd be good for rent)

Although betrayal is a bit of a reach....

I wonder if the sale for this went through already from previous reporting ..... I don't get how they got a PIP loan and didn't pay off some of these creditors though??!

What I don't understand is why William didn't just clear the debt and close the business. £2.6 million is nothing for him these days and the optics look terrible.

(Even Pippa could have got her hubby to bung them a million to help them out. )

Reactions: 8
To his defense, alot of people would be of this mindset too, especially if the business has been a success for years (Monarchy = rich = trust they'd be good for rent)

Although betrayal is a bit of a reach....
I think the assumption would be that with a King in Waiting on one side and a millionaire/billionaire on the other of the in-law table they would be good for what is, to them, almost pocket change.

Reactions: 4
What I don't understand is why William didn't just clear the debt and close the business. £2.6 million is nothing for him these days and the optics look terrible.

didn't Pippa's husband bail James's marshmellow company out? He's been burnt before....

Reactions: 2

I think if it came to light that William cleared their debts, then there would be uproar.

Reactions: 12
I think if it came to light that William cleared their debts, then there would be uproar.
Why? Rather he took the hit than businesses and creditors. He has his own funds with the Duchy of Cornwall now. Why would anyone object to that? I think he's going to get more flack for not doing it.

Reactions: 6

You’re right. Between the sonic laws they could have quietly paid off the debt and no one would know otherwise. They really didn’t think this through

I dunno - people don't seem to have a problem when the Queen "settled" Andrews debts and they were alot bigger....
People did, even royalists had a problem with it and it comes up frequently as an example of things The Queen did wrong or an example of problems with royalty.

Reactions: 6
Why? Rather he took the hit than businesses and creditors. He has his own funds with the Duchy of Cornwall now. Why would anyone object to that? I think he's going to get more flack for not doing it.
Because I don't think many people know that he has his own funds with the Duchy. They'd just sprout that he's using tax payers money to bail them out.

People did, even royalists had a problem with it and it comes up frequently as an example of things The Queen did wrong or an example of problems with royalty.
That was more because of what she was paying off. It was hush money.

The Middleton's business is not quite the same.

I don't see why they'd need their in-laws to pay it off, they are more than well off in their own right

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.