The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think there will be titles in the cards for them. I mean, whatever for? Charles has set the monarchy on a course with less working royals - even though by accident. H&M stepping away, PA being an idiot his parents dying…. If they really wanted to up the members of titled associates they would probably have a look at his cousins Zara (personal or via Mike), Peter (via his father), or the Wessex. I also don’t see the Middletons taking on any royal jobs apart from accompanying the children when they perform a royal duty. We won’t see Carol handing out Wimbledon trophies anytime soon.
A title would be a big honour and certainly helpful but I think Wiliam would always choose the crown rather than the in laws. Now that a smaller RF gets finally established it wouldn’t look good if he suddenly hands out titles for their support. Maybe a spot in one of the orders.

Reactions: 5
You can definitely tell the papers don't have much actual royal drama to talk about at the moment...

There's no way the Middletons will get titles under William, for one thing at the risk of sounding morbid that would require Carole and Mike to both outlive Charles which I don't think is in any way a given

Reactions: 4
I saw that, I wonder what spin they want to put on this story? I'm sure if she was travelling all over for engagements then the eco warriors would be baying for blood.

As it says in the story, W and K like to make sure that one of them can do the school run most days.
No one would say anything if they were travelling all over for engagements as long as it wasnt via private jet.

I would bet good money they don't do the school run most days.

No one would say anything if they were travelling all over for engagements as long as it wasnt via private jet.

I would bet good money they don't do the school run most days.
Of course they don’t do the school run! Lazy gits.

Reactions: 3
I saw that, I wonder what spin they want to put on this story? I'm sure if she was travelling all over for engagements then the eco warriors would be baying for blood.

As it says in the story, W and K like to make sure that one of them can do the school run most days.
She’s doing engagements near her children- I don’t have a problem with that. What I would have a problem with is the children in boarding school and her still doing engagements near home.

Reactions: 7
She’s doing engagements near her children- I don’t have a problem with that. What I would have a problem with is the children in boarding school and her still doing engagements near home.
Yeah, “parent of young children wants to work close to home” is hardly a story in my opinion.

Reactions: 8
They are in a bit of a lose/lose situation, as far as public opinion goes. If they put the kids in boarding school early or leave them with nannies they'll be seen as continuing an unhealthy tradition of aristocratic child-rearing and judged as parents, but get points for doing more royal appearances.
If they commit to being there for their kids and being more present in the hope of avoiding the mistakes of previous generations, they get judged for not doing enough appearances, but avoid judgement as parents.

Reactions: 14
They are in a bit of a lose/lose situation, as far as public opinion goes. If they put the kids in boarding school early or leave them with nannies they'll be seen as continuing an unhealthy tradition of aristocratic child-rearing and judged as parents, but get points for doing more royal appearances.
If they commit to being there for their kids and being more present in the hope of avoiding the mistakes of previous generations, they get judged for not doing enough appearances, but avoid judgement as parents.
I think it’s because there are so few of them as working royals now, plus they are the top tier of the pecking order. They could almost get lost in the crowd before but now there is no where to hide. Trying to modernise the RF and make it inclusive comes to something of a halt when public appearances are within a 10 mile or so radius of Windsor (for arguments sake). Again, when the people doing more than you and the people bopping the length and breath of the county have 30 or so years on you, it’s not a good look. Somewhere there is a happy medium … I just don’t think they’ve found it yet.

Reactions: 2
They could quite easily get to somewhere like Leeds and back before school finishes if they really wanted to. Nobody is asking them to go on a tour for weeks without seeing the kids. A few days a week getting home later than 4pm wouldn't break the family, plenty of families do it as is

Reactions: 11
I think this is probably part of the reason the Middletons have retired. They realise they’re going to have to step up in terms of visits so grandparents will be there.

All of the children are in school now so are more able to understand if Mum & Dad are back late and it’s Granny picking you up from school.

I think it’s because there are so few of them as working royals now, plus they are the top tier of the pecking order. They could almost get lost in the crowd before but now there is no where to hide. Trying to modernise the RF and make it inclusive comes to something of a halt when public appearances are within a 10 mile or so radius of Windsor (for arguments sake). Again, when the people doing more than you and the people bopping the length and breath of the county have 30 or so years on you, it’s not a good look. Somewhere there is a happy medium … I just don’t think they’ve found it yet.
I live up North and it was always said that the Queen rarely came up North. Most of her engagements were in the South or abroad or in Scotland!

Kate and William have been up North a lot which is good to see.

Reactions: 6
They could quite easily get to somewhere like Leeds and back before school finishes if they really wanted to. Nobody is asking them to go on a tour for weeks without seeing the kids. A few days a week getting home later than 4pm wouldn't break the family, plenty of families do it as is
Also- there is one thing to do the school run and another to be present for dinner and bed time. I doubt both do the school run together. But they could do lots of day travelling to be back for those other family times. So there is no reason why Kate isn’t out further in the UK once or twice per week. As well as Wiliam. That’s the reality of working parents. Sometimes you set off early and come back late and sometimes you drop off, pick up, oversee homework and activities and play.

I think this is probably part of the reason the Middletons have retired. They realise they’re going to have to step up in terms of visits so grandparents will be there.

All of the children are in school now so are more able to understand if Mum & Dad are back late and it’s Granny picking you up from school.
Honestly, its more likely to be Nanny than Granny

Literally this - Why do people think they can have the luxury (which in this day and age it is) of being at home for their kids when they get home from school or even when they were younger when they barely worked under the guise that they wanted to have time with them. What normal family in the UK (after maternity/paternity leave) can just take time off work for weeks / months on end?

Reactions: 9
Literally this - Why do people think they can have the luxury (which in this day and age it is) of being at home for their kids when they get home from school or even when they were younger when they barely worked under the guise that they wanted to have time with them. What normal family in the UK (after maternity/paternity leave) can just take time off work for weeks / months on end?
I guess they're trying to preventively make up for all the bullshit the kids will have to go through later. Just look at what Harry dealt with in terms of press intrusion and speculative articles about every aspect of his life.

I do think it's hard to compare them to your average family. OK so they don't have to stress about having food on the table but I wouldn't swap my life and situation for theirs and the level of intrusion for all the money and palaces. I can see why they want to put the kids first at the moment and I imagine a lot of it is ensuring they are as mentally savvy as possible before they hit teenage years when they will have to contend with the tabloids. I actually don't envy them at all. I remember at an engagement a few years ago William was at a charity I think that supports LGBTQ+ teens and one of them asked him how he would feel if one of his kids was gay and I always remember he responded saying he wouldn't care at all but he would worry about how others would react and what they would have to go through given their position. It has to be a concern for them that should one of the kids not follow the traditional route set out for them, they will be crucified by the press. I don't know how you prepare kids for whats to come for them and I reckon deep down Kate would happily give it all up if it meant the kids could have normal lives away from the public eye.

I don't have a problem with them wanting to be close to home or doing the school run and I do believe they do it most days, some disagree and that's fine but I think when it comes to looking after the kids that's the one area where they aren't workshy. I don't think they need to take the full half term breaks off though, after all would 1 or 2 engagements a week make much difference? The kids could be with the other parent, their grandparents or on a play date they don't need to spend all half term joined at the hip.

Reactions: 11
King Charles will attend Trooping of the Colour on Horseback. The last time was when the Queen did so in 1986!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.