The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cab driver says he never felt unsafe, NYPD says there were no injuries, collisions or arrests... What a non-story, surely there's more to it for it? Just befuddled by this all.

I think it's a bit sick of whoever was behind the wording to try and evoke images of Diana's tragic death when it's not near that level. Hm.
That would be Omid Scobie who still denies being Meghan’s mouthpiece!
I think he used wtte “it could’ve been fatal.” 🙄

Reactions: 9
I cannot believe they aren’t wearing seatbelts, what possible excuse is there for that? Considering Diana’s death was a direct result of her not wearing one!

All I can wonder is why there were so keen to keep their destination a secret. If it was all above board what harm would it really do if the paps knew they were there? Once they were inside they would be safe with their security and so what if the paps got a shot of them leaving the next morning?

It just makes me wonder if a) they were staying with someone who they don’t want to be publicly associated with or b) they’re planning to stay in New York much longer than one night which makes the paps knowing where they are much more of a problem
Maybe it was nothing to do with where they were staying. Maybe they just wanted a bit of drama.

I can't think of another couple or celebrity who get their media strategy wrong as often as these two. How do they cope with humiliation after humiliation and keep coming back for more?!

Reactions: 17
Maybe it was nothing to do with where they were staying. Maybe they just wanted a bit of drama.

I can't think of another couple or celebrity who get their media strategy wrong as often as these two. How do they cope with humiliation after humiliation and keep coming back for more?!
They both appear to be sadly lacking in common sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I find it hard to believe....

I mean they don't chance beyonce around for 2hrs.

Oh well. They moved to America because it was safer they said.

Reactions: 7
I cannot believe they aren’t wearing seatbelts, what possible excuse is there for that? Considering Diana’s death was a direct result of her not wearing one!

All I can wonder is why there were so keen to keep their destination a secret. If it was all above board what harm would it really do if the paps knew they were there? Once they were inside they would be safe with their security and so what if the paps got a shot of them leaving the next morning?

It just makes me wonder if a) they were staying with someone who they don’t want to be publicly associated with or b) they’re planning to stay in New York much longer than one night which makes the paps knowing where they are much more of a problem
I agree- sounds like they didn’t want to disclose where they were staying.

Orrr my cynical mind wonders if they wanted a bit of drama to support his case for protection.

Reactions: 10
I'm wondering if they knew they were papped without seat belts and put out the pursuit story with the warning not to publish the photos to try and kill the inevitable criticism?

Reactions: 3
I'm wondering if they knew they were papped without seat belts and put out the pursuit story with the warning not to publish the photos to try and kill the inevitable criticism?
there's several photos of them not wearing seatbelts throughout the years. There's a photo from the netflix doc that shows Meg and Archie not wearing seatbelts in a moving car! Who puts their toddler in danger like that?

Sorry to derail from the H&M drama but is this Peter Phillips ex Autumn with Mike and Zara? Nice to see they are still all friendly if so
IMG_2451.jpeg

Reactions: 6
'Invasive paparazzi that our hired security couldn't cope with' would have supported the court case just fine.

But Harry and Meghan are thick and overly dramatic, so they decided to invoke Ar Di :rolleyes: Agreed, why the duck isn't he wearing a seatbelt given that's what truly killed his mother?

Reactions: 8
Oh dear, that car chase statement was badly chosen.
It's a very clear attempt to evoke images of Diana, and elicit fears for their safety.

The thing is, if they'd cited paparazzi harassment to the degree that they felt the need to take alternative routes and seek police support, which appears to be the crux of the incident, they'd have likely gained some positive attention for Harry's anti-press crusade.

Reactions: 12
It gets more embarrassing. First the mayor, then the NYPD downplaying it now the pap agency Backgrid saying it was H&M that got pulled over by the police for erratic driving.
3E6033FA-85FE-4F2C-948A-D5EEE1D71D8A.png
Do you think perhaps they were worried about that story getting out and they thought they’d try and get in front of it by claiming it was a chase?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
It gets more embarrassing. First the mayor, then the NYPD downplaying it now the pap agency Backgrid saying it was H&M that got pulled over by the police for erratic driving.
View attachment 2178164 Do you think perhaps they were worried about that story getting out and they thought they’d try and get in front of it by claiming it was a chase?
They've really messed up with this. Imagine if it's brought up by the Home Office in their court case as proof that Harry exaggerates the threat or something. How are they so bad at PR?

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'd not give Backgrid too much credit as a reliable source. "Professional responsibility to cover newsworthy events and personalities" is not a good description of a paparazzo's job.

There's likely truth in the middle - the paparazzi were getting closer than Harry & Meghan were comfortable with, and harassing them. Due to existing paranoia, they (Harry and Meghan) were likely on high alert and had their team take risks they shouldn't have to avoid the paparazzi, and saw (and made a PR release to match) it in the style of Diana's son having to risk reliving her fate.

I think that it plays well into their current legal and media push, but that's more because the legal and media push are resultant of how Harry sees himself and the world.

View attachment 2178164 Do you think perhaps they were worried about that story getting out and they thought they’d try and get in front of it by claiming it was a chase?
Backgrid could clear this up by releasing the videos they have, unless they are trying to get H&M to shoot themselves in the foot

Backgrid could clear this up by releasing the videos they have, unless they are trying to get H&M to shoot themselves in the foot
I’m surprised there is no footage from passers by. Surely one person would have noticed this 2 hour chase with vehicles mounting pavements, etc or is it a common occurrence in NY?

I still don’t understand them not wearing seatbelts though. I’d have thought what with Harry’s paranoia that Meghan will end up like his mother that wearing seatbelts is non-negotiable.

GMA says they were home in 20 min :ROFLMAO:
The police interaction with the couple lasted no more than 20 minutes, according to police sources. If the episode lasted the two hours Meghan and Harry say it did, it was due to their own security wanting to avoid revealing where they were staying, not because they were being chased, the sources said.
harry-meghan-pursued-highly-aggressive-paparazzi-car-chase-99391446
---
And this from People Mag
PEOPLE has viewed video footage of part of the incident, showing an NYPD cop talking to the driver of an SUV, which is stationary in the middle of the street. It is not possible to see who is in the vehicle, but the source alleges that, before the footage was taken, "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's driver gets pulled over after he was observed by NYPD swerving and almost hitting pedestrians while trying to evade the paparazzi." In addition to those allegations, the source says the driver was wearing a suit and driving an SUV and the Sussexes were not in a yellow taxi cab at this point.

Reactions: 3
Ouch, Mayor of NYC saying he finds it hard to believe they could have been chased for 2h. I have to agree. NYC is a busy place. And to change from an SUV to a taxi is very strange. And no seatbelts?

If they hadnt released a statement no one would have known about this, right?

Oh god and now the taxi driver has said it wasnt a chase. Im cringing.

'I wouldn't call it a chase,' says taxi driver who picked up Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - LBC
The comment from M&H’s spokesperson never said it was high speed (which is what the Mayor says).
I can see them being pursued by the paparazzi for around two hours but I think the spokesperson used exaggerated language such as ‘chase’ (you automatically think speed is involved), ‘catastrophic’, ‘relentless’, etc. No doubt it would have been scary for H&M and Doria, especially as in the back of their mind the Paris car crash is there.
Also, not wearing seatbelts is idiotic. Even though no one in the Paris crash were wearing seatbelts, it’s still more likely to save your life and prevent harm.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.