The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
H and M have also allegedly had a stalker this week outside their mansion. Their life seems to have got very eventful lately...šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 7
From the photos Iā€™ve seen, none are wearing seatbelts. After what happened to his mother Iā€™m gobsmacked.
I fear this will not end well for Harry. šŸ˜•
there's a photo of Archie sitting on Meghan's knee in a moving car, neither are wearing seatbelts. As you said, after Diana, you'd think they'd be way more vigilant!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
It doesn't sound that plausible. I can believe they were followed by paparazzi but I don't buy that there was a 2 hour 'chase' in NYC of all places.
I can believe they were chased and I can believe the episode took 2 hours from start to finish ā€¦ thatā€™s from them leaving the award bash to getting back to wherever they were staying with the paparazzi excitement in the middle, but I really canā€™t get my head around a solid 2 hour car chase through New York City.

Reactions: 10
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Cab driver says he never felt unsafe, NYPD says there were no injuries, collisions or arrests... What a non-story, surely there's more to it for it? Just befuddled by this all.

I think it's a bit sick of whoever was behind the wording to try and evoke images of Diana's tragic death when it's not near that level. Hm.

Reactions: 13
I think the problem is that after being caught in so many lies or inaccuracies since Oprah, it is hard to take anything either of them say at face value and most people have learnt to at least order some critical thinking to anything they say. Iā€™m sure the paps did follow them out of the venue, but whether or not it required the dramatic public statement which letā€™s be honest, was released to get the headlines, is another thing. I do wonder WHY they needed to release this publicly? What was the endgame other than getting the headlines and getting people to feel sorry for them?

Reactions: 17
I think the problem is that after being caught in so many lies or inaccuracies since Oprah, it is hard to take anything either of them say at face value and most people have learnt to at least order some critical thinking to anything they say. Iā€™m sure the paps did follow them out of the venue, but whether or not it required the dramatic public statement which letā€™s be honest, was released to get the headlines, is another thing. I do wonder WHY they needed to release this publicly? What was the endgame other than getting the headlines and getting people to feel sorry for them?
the couple who cried wolf.. or racism

Reactions: 3
Cab driver says he never felt unsafe, NYPD says there were no injuries, collisions or arrests... What a non-story, surely there's more to it for it? Just befuddled by this all.

I think it's a bit sick of whoever was behind the wording to try and evoke images of Diana's tragic death when it's not near that level. Hm.
The taxi driver, the NYPD and the mayor of NY! Mortifying. They make a mess of everything they do!

Reactions: 15
Does anyone know why they got a cab from the event? I used to work for an American Exec (actually several at various stages) and they all used City Cars which are like private car hires

Reactions: 2
They are so overly dramatic about everything. The use of the word ā€˜catastrophicā€™ means it is so easy to dismiss it as exagerated
IMG_2450.jpeg

Canā€™t figure out how to link but Chris Ship from ITV has tweeted the above

Reactions: 6
So from what I can gather reading between the lines and putting various accounts of the night together-

Their usual security/driver picked them up but they didnā€™t want the paps to find out where/at whoā€™s home they were staying at so they tried to shake them off by going ā€œthe long way roundā€ ā€¦ this shaking off took around 1 hour 15 mins before the driver driver to the police station, where they switched to a cab who drove them to their destination with the help of the police?

I donā€™t really understand why they switched to a cab, Iā€™d also be interested to know what classes as a ā€œchaseā€ in New York traffic.

I wonder where they were staying and for how long if they wanted to shake the paps off that badly that they did all this rather than just going straight there

Reactions: 12
Outsch. While I absolutely can believe they were followed from point a to point b, with paparazzi on bikes getting close to the car at red lights, thatā€™s not exactly a ā€œchaseā€. Not saying itā€™s ok either. By exaggerating they once again shot themselves in the foot.
Itā€™s quite sad, that their reputation is so damaged people will instantly assume you an over dramatic or straight up lying.
If there was the attempt to cash in on that situation for the RAVEC case, I think this might backfire. It would have been smarter to document those situations (and I can see it happen once in a while) and present this in court. But now, they look like trying to manipulate and strong-arm yet another institution.

Reactions: 21
Outsch. While I absolutely can believe they were followed from point a to point b, with paparazzi on bikes getting close to the car at red lights, thatā€™s not exactly a ā€œchaseā€. Not saying itā€™s ok either. By exaggerating they once again shot themselves in the foot.
Itā€™s quite sad, that their reputation is so damaged people will instantly assume you an over dramatic or straight up lying.
If there was the attempt to cash in on that situation for the RAVEC case, I think this might backfire. It would have been smarter to document those situations (and I can see it happen once in a while) and present this in court. But now, they look like trying to manipulate and strong-arm yet another institution.
Itā€™s bonkers they canā€™t see that all they are really doing is giving people ammunition against them.

Reactions: 6
It's them exaggerating a situation they created for themselves deliberately to show what danger they are in just like Mummy. Give me my 24/7/365 Met Police protection, now!

Reactions: 9
Why were they even driving around for 2 hours? Where were they going ā€ Rhode Island?! Surely their NY base would be no more than 15 minutes away from the venue.

Virtually any situation could be "near catastrophic" if you have a vivid enough imagination.

I'm currently in Spain watching the news. Spanish media commentators are finding the whole thing hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

You can see in this tweet theyā€™re not wearing seatbelts. I canā€™t believe weā€™re still at a point where people donā€™t wear seatbelts in the backseats, especially someone whoā€™s mum would still be alive if she had worn one.

Reactions: 16
I cannot believe they arenā€™t wearing seatbelts, what possible excuse is there for that? Considering Dianaā€™s death was a direct result of her not wearing one!

All I can wonder is why there were so keen to keep their destination a secret. If it was all above board what harm would it really do if the paps knew they were there? Once they were inside they would be safe with their security and so what if the paps got a shot of them leaving the next morning?

It just makes me wonder if a) they were staying with someone who they donā€™t want to be publicly associated with or b) theyā€™re planning to stay in New York much longer than one night which makes the paps knowing where they are much more of a problem

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.