The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had to check this one out and yes!

‘In the centre of the arch is a monde(which is actually a gold-plated ping-pong ball)[5] engraved with the Prince of Wales's insignia by Malcolm Appleby, surmounted by a plain cross.’

Well that’s ridiculous! I hope William never has to wear it! 🤣 ETA suppose the Coronation would have been the occasion to wear it though if any.
It’s such an ugly crown too!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Had to check this one out and yes!

‘In the centre of the arch is a monde(which is actually a gold-plated ping-pong ball)[5] engraved with the Prince of Wales's insignia by Malcolm Appleby, surmounted by a plain cross.’

Well that’s ridiculous! I hope William never has to wear it! 🤣 ETA suppose the Coronation would have been the occasion to wear it though if any.
I’ve never really liked the Prince of Wales crown. The best thing I can think to say about it is that it’s very of it’s time …

ETA jinx @thegirlscout 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There was enough of a backlash last time and 2 people actually died and a young boy severely injured/maimed.
Gosh, I didn’t realise it was that bad! They did a report on it on the BBC when they announced William as Prince of Wales and they didn’t mention this at all, just said it was unpopular and there were bomb threats.

Reactions: 4
If she were “well rounded” she would likely have more support from other women as fat shaming is rightly no longer socially acceptable. Thin shaming is a different matter, Kate is thin shamed here on a regular basis.
While I agree with people that Kate is very thin, she has definitely lost weight since before she started royal life - even pictures from the engagement she looked slim but nothing like now - She's pretty active so I think she just has iron will and clearly enjoys being active. I don't think how she dresses helps either.

On that note, I think I'm the only person who think her and Sophie looked dreadful in those blue dresses - Kate's looked like she raided Carole's wardrobe for a dress and Sophie's was too busy and did nothing for her.

Reactions: 13
While I agree with people that Kate is very thin, she has definitely lost weight since before she started royal life - even pictures from the engagement she looked slim but nothing like now - She's pretty active so I think she just has iron will and clearly enjoys being active. I don't think how she dresses helps either.

On that note, I think I'm the only person who think her and Sophie looked dreadful in those blue dresses - Kate's looked like she raided Carole's wardrobe for a dress and Sophie's was too busy and did nothing for her.
I didn’t realise Kate’s outfit is a top and skirt - I think it would look better as separates instead of being worn together

From my hazy re all, Camilla has long supported greater awareness of Osteoporosis as her mother has this disease.

I am not suggesting that Camilla has the same disease, but she may be cautious & careful about managing any back or joint conditions given her insight & experience. If she is advised to rest up, she’ll do it.

Reactions: 6
From my hazy re all, Camilla has long supported greater awareness of Osteoporosis as her mother has this disease.

I am not suggesting that Camilla has the same disease, but she may be cautious & careful about managing any back or joint conditions given her insight & experience. If she is advised to rest up, she’ll do it.
Back pain is one of the worst pains - even the smallest movements can cause agony and discomfort. If she does have an injury there or back pain I can understand why she would need and want to rest up - that was a lot of activity she did at the weekend and I can’t imagine it was too comfy.

Reactions: 8
The human spine is also just not an evolutionary highlight. Once you're over 50 your L5/S1 and L4/L5 are one good sneeze away from making you miserable for a week.

Reactions: 5
The human spine is also just not an evolutionary highlight. Once you're over 50 your L5/S1 and L4/L5 are one good sneeze away from making you miserable for a week.
My back randomly went this morning. I didn’t even sneeze!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My spine is mainly metalwork. I was wincing at just watching the old gold coach pitching backwards and forwards. There is no way I could have travelled in that.

Reactions: 5
As a former athlete in my mid-thirties now I can't tell you how much of a mess I feel though I'm still active :ROFLMAO: I worked out hard on Monday doing shoulder stuff and I feel like I can barely move. HELP I am too young for this nonsense

Osteoporosis is genetic and I wouldn't be surprised if Camilla was suffering from it herself. I have had arthritis in my hips and knees from my early twenties due to sport. I will be a hot mess in my 70s too. I'm amazed she stood up after all that on Saturday tbh

Reactions: 2
My spine is mainly metalwork. I was wincing at just watching the old gold coach pitching backwards and forwards. There is no way I could have travelled in that.
Me neither, even without the metalwork. I get terrible motion sickness, there would have been multiple unfortunate vomiting episodes and probably a severe migraine.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Quick question - when they put the annual royal visits per person (I assume from the circular) are occasions such as the coronation/ concerts included in that?

Reactions: 1
Back pain is one of the worst pains - even the smallest movements can cause agony and discomfort. If she does have an injury there or back pain I can understand why she would need and want to rest up - that was a lot of activity she did at the weekend and I can’t imagine it was too comfy.
I wondered if she was on strong pain at the Coronation; she was certainly moving very carefully.

I had heard before that she has back problems and then there was talk of her having injured her back last week. She wasn't at the Friday reception - no doubt resting to be ready as she could be for the Abbey. A good old fashioned corset can work wonders though!

Reactions: 3
Quick question - when they put the annual royal visits per person (I assume from the circular) are occasions such as the coronation/ concerts included in that?
I am sure they will not let us down with creatively getting as much numbers as possible out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am sure they will not let us down with creatively getting as much numbers as possible out of it.
The Guardian podcast covered this!

The Palace told them they don't keep an official tally of engagements and they're annoyed that a guy who is a fan of the royals does and releases it every year (I's the same one journalist use).

That alone speaks volumes about how little work they do and what they want us to know as a public.

Reactions: 9

Bloody hell, these new laws are ridiculous and draconian. This nonsense belongs in Russia, not here.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.