The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's no wonder Harry's got obvious emotional issues when you think about those things. But I also think that part of Harry's issues stem from the fact that he was initially brought up as 'equal' to his brother, despite their entire position being based on a hierarchy that William was always going to be higher in. I don't think Harry was ever going to be truly happy after realising that wasn't true, because he wasn't prepared for it, and didn't have a plan for his own life other than co-ruling with Willy.

I think Kate and her family are going to be positive for Louis, as is having another sibling who's also not the heir. I also think the distance from Harry is good for him too. There's benefits to being the spare (C+L have the freedom to choose their own lives, where G does not), but those will be difficult to see if he's around someone who's clearly so angry that he was ever in that role.
It seems Harrys upbringing was a mix of his mother almost favouring him to make up for him being the spare, then others like the Queen Mother treating him like a spare. There was no consistency so he just grew up confused, to the point he was mid 30s getting angry because a picture of The Queen and the heirs was released and he wasn’t included.

Harry even mentioned in an interview during Spare promo that William has told him to leave the parenting of his children to him and Kate, but Harry can’t help himself trying to get involved because he likes to fix things and wants to save Charlotte and Louis from his fate. It’s not surprising William doesn’t want Harry in his or his families life right now.

Reactions: 6
I find the way, the press is building up those narratives for the children bothering as well. But those children’s are their own personas and grow up very differently to W&H in many ways. I wonder if W&K are more rational and calculating than I think them to be and that they have had an agenda for this from the get go. The way they ignored the fuss about „withholding“ the children from the public till their way established itself as the norm over the years, gives me hope they won’t be influenced in their parenting by public perception (something that H seems to do). In general they seem to be hyper stable (which comes with bland) and not too bothered by outside criticism. Which is good but sometimes it would be better to think twice about stuff people raise. If you shut it all out you will miss when things turn sour.
In the end, I think they make lots of right decisions in their parenting (and mess their children up just as much as all parents do) but regarding their work future they are at an impasse. Either do the easy show up and smile stuff in high quantity or focus on one or two key areas with less bit highly impactful engagements. They try the latter but the quality is just not there for this to work well.

Reactions: 6
This is the first time I’ve seen The King look like QEII or is it just that he is wearing a crown and I am not wearing my glasses 😭?
I agree! First thing I thought!
---
I find it refreshing that Louis is included in the significant family occasions. He's a normal healthy 5 year old who hasn't been "tamed" into a quiet submissive little boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I loathe the ghastly purple tunic Charles is wearing, like the cheap garish beatles sergeant pepper fancy dress jackets.

Glad they released the photo of him and his heirs, they make it look much more regal.

Didn't plan to watch the concert, but glad I did, it was amazing (apart from Lionel Ritchie killing his own songs) and me having to endure Gary barlows face.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Though he now has the burden of a character the public expect of him, Louis doesn't have that of the "spare" - Charlotte is next in line after George.
Louis is in the same position as Edward, effectively, which might allow him not to follow in the footsteps of Harry and Andrew with the jealousy.
I think Edward lucked out because he was so much younger and he was only something like 18 when William was born. He was never particularly treated like a direct heir and then he wasn’t anyway. I think some of the problem for Harry is that he was ‘spare’ for long. George didn’t come along until he was just shy of 30. That’s quite a way down the line to be told to shuffle off and find yourself something new to do now. Thanks for your service ‘n’ all that, but off you trot.

The media love their thumbnail sketch shorthand for people that can fit neatly into a tabloid headline. Charles was action man (yes really, no laughing at the back), Diana obviously Shy Di, Anne was feisty and sporty, Andrew was hero and Edward was shy and probably a bit weak (which couldn’t be further from the truth. Imagine how weak you have to be to tell Philip you are jacking in the Marines and running away to the circus going to work for Andrew Lloyd Webber), William was the serious, placid one and Harry The Funtime comic one, like some sort of aristocratic Spice Girls … and the wheel spins back to the top with George being the serious placid one, Charlotte being feisty and Louis slotting into cheeky comic role (no one ever said the press were original).

It will be interesting to see what Charlotte and Louis are allowed to do with their lives. Whether it’s the carefully circumscribed Royal route of straight from education into one of the services (for George that’s virtually a given), whether they will slot into life as a working royal or whether they will allowed to plough their own furrow … within carefully demarcated parameters, obviously.

As Charles is into modernising the monarchy he may start using Tim Laurence, which has already been mentioned in the press, and even the Middleton's might help out with Royal visits. I wouldn't rule out anything at this point. 😄

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I loathe the ghastly purple tunic Charles is wearing, like the cheap garish beatles sergeant pepper fancy dress jackets.

Glad they released the photo of him and his heirs, they make it look much more regal.

Didn't plan to watch the concert, but glad I did, it was amazing (apart from Lionel Ritchie killing his own songs) and me having to endure Gary barlows face.
There’s nothing right about it at all is there … it’s unstructured so it just looks wrinkly and gives him no shape or definition, the colour looks like a Care Worker tabard, it looks like it does up with Velcro and the gold braid just looks cheap and like it’s come out the Disney dressing up box. Apart from that, it’s fine.

Reactions: 5
As Charles is into modernising the monarchy he may start using Tim Laurence, which has already been mentioned in the press, and even the Middleton's might help out with Royal visits. I wouldn't rule out anything at this point. 😄
I would feel massively shortchanged if I was involved in any kind of “royal visit” and a bloody Middleton turned up 🤣 Total swizz and waste of time! To be fair I used to think I wouldn’t want Edward or Sophie but actually they’ve both really grown on me so I’d accept them, Ann (legend), Will or Kate. Obvs would be a good claim to fame to meet the actual King and/or Queen but they’re not top of my list if I’m honest 🤣

Diana didn’t come from a stable family and neither did Charles - it’s no wonder that Harry and William have issues (in regards to stories about William’s anger, but of course we will never know the full story with him). The Middletons seem as normal a family as you can get in those circles. So hopefully they will keep the three Wales children grounded.

Talking of the Middletons, I wonder why they were invited - I would get it if it was William’s/George’s coronation but for Charles it seems a bit unusual, especially as places were scarce.
Future parents of the queen

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Sometimes l feel it's such a shame Harry and Meghan left the RF institution. They were popular and had a lot of appeal until they started whinging. I guess they weren't cut out for shutting up and putting up until it blew over. I am absolutely confident it would have blown over.

I suspect H did think he was equal as Diana wanted them to share the responsibility of the crown together so it wouldn't be such a burden.

I am on the fence with the Middletons being there..but they may well have been Louis babysitters when he went out back for a packet of wotsits and tablet time 😆 do they still have a nanny, does anyone know?

I really feel for Sophie even though her own car was not directly involved in this awful collision leaving the victim in a coma. She has always seemed to me to be a very genuine,caring lady who goes the extra mile..She's certainly a Royal I'd like to meet.

Reactions: 16
Sometimes l feel it's such a shame Harry and Meghan left the RF institution. They were popular and had a lot of appeal until they started whinging. I guess they weren't cut out for shutting up and putting up until it blew over. I am absolutely confident it would have blown over.

I suspect H did think he was equal as Diana wanted them to share the responsibility of the crown together so it wouldn't be such a burden.

I am on the fence with the Middletons being there..but they may well have been Louis babysitters when he went out back for a packet of wotsits and tablet time 😆 do they still have a nanny, does anyone know?
Course they have a nanny they're not "just like us" 🙂

Reactions: 4
Why has it taken me until now to realise the late Queen is the image of Queen Mary.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.