The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still find it bemusing when a royal does something really simple like cut a ribbon or dig a small hole that everyone claps lol. It's always odd to view that.

Reactions: 6
The other Prince Edward the Duke of Kent.
---

It’s not the first garden party, it’s the second one and Charles and Camilla were at the first one.

I’m not sure why people think Camilla is ill?! She wouldn’t have been able to attend the Coronation or the concert if she was that ill.
Not ill I don't think but there was a rumour that she had done something very painful to her back which would explain a lot.

Reactions: 5
Not ill I don't think but there was a rumour that she had done something very painful to her back which would explain a lot.
My husband had a slipped disc for a while and before surgery he was in agony and couldn’t sit for long periods. He spent most of the time laid on the floor! I don’t think there is anything wrong with her. I think she was very nervous at the coronation and bored shitless at the Concert!

Reactions: 2
Added to which it was primarily about body shape and not size and the women spoken of were hardly unhealthily overweight, Meghan had just had a baby for gods sake so it’s not unreasonable that she’d put on some weight. The comments were definitely unnecessarily judgemental and based on what that person thinks is acceptable. Bugger all to do with health.
Personally, I am not a fan of many of the comments on the bodies of the royal women on here. There is a lot of shaming of Kate for her body being apparently too slim, then shaming of Meghan for her body apparently not being thin enough.
Why are we still pulling the same messy misogyny of pitting women against each other using their weight as a weapon?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Are we going to get an investiture ceremony for P&POW like Charles had? Just watching an ITV docu and at his investiture Charles made a very similar ‘liege and limb’ declaration to TLQ as William did at the Coronation to Charles

Are we going to get an investiture ceremony for P&POW like Charles had? Just watching an ITV docu and at his investiture Charles made a very similar ‘liege and limb’ declaration to TLQ as William did at the Coronation to Charles
No, think they issued a statement saying they had no plans for one

Reactions: 1
The official line is: Kensington Palace said an investiture is "not on the table".
Which I think makes sense personally.

Reactions: 4
Yes Catherine looks very slim, but we've seen her being so active. An unhealthily skinny person wouldn't be able to play sports or abseil as she does.

• Haha
This came up on my suggestions and I thought the way William spoke to this 93 year old lady was lovely and came across genuine. I don't usually care about him too much, but it did endear me! Now if he went full time doing this kind of thing, he'd have nothing to worry about 😂

Why wouldn’t they just say that in a statement? Get some sympathy for her rather than rumour and no-shows?

I would get crucified and repeatedly thin shamed if I were a Royal. I've no time for fashion but can't see the shame in being slender. Kate is slender not emaciated. If she were "well rounded" she would get hounded too.
If she were “well rounded” she would likely have more support from other women as fat shaming is rightly no longer socially acceptable. Thin shaming is a different matter, Kate is thin shamed here on a regular basis.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t agree with the bodyshaming comments but it’s a stretch to say it’s only down to sexism and misogyny when there are daily comments on here on the males’ hairloss and now lack of height which apparently makes them unstatesmanly (i.e. less of a ‘man’)!

Reactions: 13
The official line is: Kensington Palace said an investiture is "not on the table".
Which I think makes sense personally.
Yeah, it wouldn’t be wise to hold a Prince of Wales investiture in this day and age. There was enough of a backlash last time and 2 people actually died and a young boy severely injured/maimed. It was popular in 1911, much less so in 1969. Would open a massive can of worms these days and I don’t think they’d dare hold one in the deeply nationalist Caernarfon where there traditional setting has been, for historical reasons. Just been reading this book about what happened around Charles’s

Charles and the Welsh Revolt https://www.waterstones.com/book/prince-charles-and-the-welsh-revolt/arwel-vittle/9781912631384

There are some funny bits too mind. Like, a part of his crown was broken and they had to replace it last minute with a gold-covered ping-pong ball! Honestly! Poor Charles, would only happen to him! Would have been good to have lip readers back then too 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think the main reason we got an investiture in 1969 was because there hadn’t been a Royal big ceremonial event for years … over a decade, really … and there was nothing coming up on the horizon whereas we currently have had an embarrassment of riches.

Wasn’t there some talk of holding some sort of downscale ceremony in Cardiff rather than in Caernarfon Castle? 🤔 Sure I heard something. Perhaps the idea was only floated before being thrown out.

Reactions: 1
I think the main reason we got an investiture in 1969 was because there hadn’t been a Royal big ceremonial event for years … over a decade, really … and there was nothing coming up on the horizon whereas we currently have had an embarrassment of riches.
The push for an investiture has always come from Wales itself up to now. Well, I say ‘always’ – it’s only ever been done twice. Lloyd George was by far the main drive for the first in 1911 and George Thomas in 1969. The RF obviously have a say too, like, George VI was firmly againt Elizabeth having one as he felt it should only ever be for Princes not Princesses of Wales! But Charles is also on record saying he wouldn’t want William to have to go through what he did in terms of the backlash, so we now have another reluctant monarch. It isn’t going to happen. Not in Cardiff either. Wouldn’t be worth the risk politically.

Reactions: 3
There are some funny bits too mind. Like, a part of his crown was broken and they had to replace it last minute with a gold-covered ping-pong ball! Honestly! Poor Charles, would only happen to him! Would have been good to have lip readers back then too 😅
Had to check this one out and yes!

‘In the centre of the arch is a monde(which is actually a gold-plated ping-pong ball)[5] engraved with the Prince of Wales's insignia by Malcolm Appleby, surmounted by a plain cross.’

Well that’s ridiculous! I hope William never has to wear it! 🤣 ETA suppose the Coronation would have been the occasion to wear it though if any.

Why wouldn’t they just say that in a statement? Get some sympathy for her rather than rumour and no-shows?
Because there may be nothing to say? Camilla doesn't have to follow Charles around everywhere and vice versa.She has her own family and may just prefer to focus on quality not quantity in terms of public events?

I imagine Kate as with William has a personal trainer and eats very well based on a nutrition plan. I always think the royals will get top to toe physicals and maybe yearly MRI scans so they must be as healthy as genetics allows!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.