The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoyed today, but I definitely felt there was a bit of pizazz missing that was there for the jubilee and even the funeral, maybe it was the rain or the fact that I felt the ceremony dragged a bit, but I feel a little underwhelmed for some reason

Reactions: 13
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I really believe the Queen should have abdicated years ago and have given Charles a chance.

96 was way way too old to be in that role.

Edited to say - she appeared to put her head in the sand with dealing with some issues....like her favourite son, Andrew.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I really believe the Queen should have abdicated years ago and have given Charles a chance.

96 was way way too old to be in that role.

Edited to say - she appeared to put her head in the sand with dealing with some issues....like her favourite son, Andrew.
Charles hasn’t proven himself to be any better at dealing with difficult family members if you look at the trouble/embarrassment H&M cause

Reactions: 7
Charles hasn’t proven himself to be any better at dealing with difficult family members if you look at the trouble/embarrassment H&M cause
im hoping that now the coronation is out of the way, he may act on it niw!

Reactions: 2
My other half had dinner with him and 11 other business owners when he visited another country. He said he was not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised.

I think Charles has done a lot of good with The Princes Trust, it has helped 1 million young people.

Reactions: 17
I don’t really know what else Charles could have done? Harry is saying whatever he can to make as much money as possible for whatever his personal reason. I don’t believe there is a situation where Harry and Meghan would have been happy in the UK, because Meghan didn’t want to play second best to Kate. She wouldn’t accept a hierarchy, that’s clear from their interviews and from Harry’s book.

It’s sad when families fall out, but I really don’t feel it’s harmed Charles indefinitely. Eventually they’ll run out of steam.

Reactions: 14
I like Charles and Camilla as working royals, I think they’ve both done a lot, especially Charles, in their chosen fields. But it wasn’t really until today and the sight of them in the carriage and on the balcony that I realised how little they inspire me as my King and Queen. It just felt so stale. I know so many hate this way of thinking but I just couldn’t help but compare to how I would feel it was William and Kate and how much they would feel like a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: 11
I like Charles and Camilla as working royals, I think they’ve both done a lot, especially Charles, in their chosen fields. But it wasn’t really until today and the sight of them in the carriage and on the balcony that I realised how little they inspire me as my King and Queen. It just felt so stale. I know so many hate this way of thinking but I just couldn’t help but compare to how I would feel it was William and Kate and how much they would feel like a breath of fresh air.
Yeah, I think that by 78/79 Charles should abdicate, because having such old heads of state will be the end of the monarchy.

Reactions: 1
ITV News described today as a rehearsal for William and Catherine which although true seemed a bit too early to be referencing!

I get what you mean, it felt like such a big build up then they got to the balcony and it felt a bit flat. I said I wonder if it would feel different if it was William and Kate with their young family. It didn’t feel like a great and celebratory representation of a vibrant Britain watching them leave the Abbey when it looked like Camilla could barely walk. People will say she might have been in pain or nervous, but I don’t think that has much to do with it feeling a bit bland watching two people who are so old. Tbh I thought Charles would have looked better on the balcony on his own, I thought Camilla was a bit of a drag

Reactions: 10
Yeah I like Camilla I really do, I don’t play into any of the whole Saint Diana/Evil Camilla nonsense but I just found her so boring today, she didn’t even look like she wanted to be there. I just think having a king and queen who are almost 80 is hardly the best representation of a vibrant and modern Britain. I really hope he doesn’t go on as long as the queen, not that I want him to die just I hope he hands it over to William in say 10 years

They're very much separate entities now though. Harry's recent exploits haven't had much impact on the monarchy. I'm sure it was hard on a personal level but I don't think it really impacted the monarchy. It gave anti monarchy people something to talk about but it didn't sway anyone to the Republic side that wasn't there already.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.