The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it is a bit odd for Camilla to not be at either of the events at BP tonight, especially the one this evening with all the foreign royals, considering the fuss that’s been made over the fact it’s her coronation too etc I would say she really should have been there. That makes me thinks it’s a health reason/preserving as much energy as possible and that she’s simply not up to it to attend everything which is worrying but certainly not shocking given her age.

@thegirlscout i think the cull is to do with the seating? For Elizabeth’s they had to spend 18 months building extra in and I’m guessing they didn’t have the time or desire to do that again so stuck to the capacity the abbey offered. I imagine it was always going to be smaller and 2000 is just the number for safety etc

Reactions: 8
I thought the same yesterday in the selfie photo a fan had taken with her.
there was a photo a couple of months ago at Windsor with the crown prince and Princess of Norway and the first thing I noticed were her lopsided eyes… Botox perhaps? (No shade meant, I get it!) but it is a muscle relaxant and a droopy eye is a pretty common issue

Reactions: 3
The eyes of the world will be on Britain tomorrow they say. I doubt that. I keep hearing it, but how many people globally will tune in? I doubt it will be as many as they think.

The eyes of the world will be on Britain tomorrow they say. I doubt that. I keep hearing it, but how many people globally will tune in? I doubt it will be as many as they think.
I think there'll be a fair few who will watch or look it up in some fashion. It's been 70 years since the last, so curiosity will drive a lot of interest.

Reactions: 8
Louise is wearing one of Sophie’s old dresses tonight… I wish they’d get her some new clothes 🙃

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I think it is a bit odd for Camilla to not be at either of the events at BP tonight, especially the one this evening with all the foreign royals, considering the fuss that’s been made over the fact it’s her coronation too etc I would say she really should have been there. That makes me thinks it’s a health reason/preserving as much energy as possible and that she’s simply not up to it to attend everything which is worrying but certainly not shocking given her age.

@thegirlscout i think the cull is to do with the seating? For Elizabeth’s they had to spend 18 months building extra in and I’m guessing they didn’t have the time or desire to do that again so stuck to the capacity the abbey offered. I imagine it was always going to be smaller and 2000 is just the number for safety etc
Might this have something to do with it?

Reactions: 1
Back away from the Erdem, Sophie.

that blue dress Kate was in looked, I don’t know a bit odd and ill fitting. Saw a photo where the belt was sitting away from the waist seam and all the ruching just looked uneven and messy. Like it was being made to sit in a way it didn’t want too 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Back away from the Erdem, Sophie.

that blue dress Kate was in looked, I don’t know a bit odd and ill fitting. Saw a photo where the belt was sitting away from the waist seam and all the ruching just looked uneven and messy. Like it was being made to sit in a way it didn’t want too 🤷‍♀️
It was edited as the original design shows the wearers chest. They tailor could have made the whole dress look unbalanced by taking in too much to close the gap?
---
I doubt this because 1) it’s Diana’s dressmaker and 2)Anne knows about how the family works. Queen consort is the same as Queen. She wouldn’t have made a fuss.

Reactions: 10
I have my doubts on this. A Queen Consort is not a new term made just for Camilla. It's the official position of the wife of the King, and is styled as Queen ____.
I can't imagine anyone within the family, with sufficient knowledge of history and protocol, is going to have a go at Camilla for having the same position as any wife of a King would have.

Reactions: 13
It was edited as the original design shows the wearers chest. They tailor could have made the whole dress look unbalanced by taking in too much to close the gap?
---

I doubt this because 1) it’s Diana’s dressmaker and 2)Anne knows about how the family works. Queen consort is the same as Queen. She wouldn’t have made a fuss.
Possibly … it did look like fit was off and the proportions had been skewed a bit.

So ‘someone’ had told David Emmanuel ‘something’ … so it’s basically second hand gossip. That‘s a good bit of Witchelling. Personally, I don’t think she’s been right since she had Covid.

Reactions: 4
---
Why didn't Kate just get a dress that was appropriate without needing to have too much tailoring? She can have pretty much any dress in the world. I don't like the way it has volume on top and in the sleeves and a narrow skirt. That's not the best shape for her body shape imo.
I'm hoping for an amazing outfit tomorrow. with loads of volume in the skirt hopefully!

Reactions: 7
Why didn't Kate just get a dress that was appropriate without needing to have too much tailoring? She can have pretty much any dress in the world. I don't like the way it has volume on top and in the sleeves and a narrow skirt. That's not the best shape for her body shape imo.
I'm hoping for an amazing outfit tomorrow. with loads of volume in the skirt hopefully!
Seems a lot of editing went into this dress. The back by the zip was probably closed, so was the keyhole opening and the slit.
IMG_6387.jpeg

I’m not a fan of the dress but it looks better with the slit.
As for Kate I can see her wearing that horrid shade of cobalt blue. With a floral headband. And me crying into my halloumi fries because I’ve been starved of beauty for the second time this week (the first was The Met Gala).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hope Lady Louise has a blow dry for tomorrow. The flat air dried hairstyle does nothing for her

• Wow
Screenshot_20230506_031509_Chrome.jpg

Random observations
Is she trying to sneak Meghan in under there? Bless her she looks like she's just opened the door to her Amazon delivery in no make up and dressing gown.

I loved Queen Jetsun's killer pink heels under her traditional costume. Wish we could see more of her over here.

Queen Rania's face is still struggling to move, I see.

Great to see Charlene looking healthier.

Lots of ruching going on in the female guests outfits. No thanks.

I liked Kate's dress, but I live for likes of prim necklines, shoulder adornment and pussy-bow drama. Always hated cobalt blue though. I've always called it "Tory party conference blue".

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.