The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When her husband inherits from his father she will be titled Lady!
I'm not sure if she would.
Laird isn't the same as Lord, it just means ownership of land. That's why there's these gimmicky things that allow people to 'become' a laird if they buy a metre of land in Scotland.

"Pippa could use the title if she truly prefers, but the practice of calling the laird’s wife “lady” disappeared after the 18th century, according to Royal Musings author Marlene Koenig. Wives now typically take on their husband’s full name, and sadly Mrs. James Matthews just doesn’t have the same ring to it as Lady of Glen Affric."

Reactions: 2
I read that when William gets the job all the Middletons will get titles.

• Sick
  • Wow
I read that when William gets the job all the Middletons will get titles.
Not sure how as they’re not royalty? I do like her family though
---
Her own parents are well off too though. Is their business still thriving?
Apparently it lost a lot of money during covid.

I remember when I had my children (20 odd years ago), I used to be sent their brochure but everything was so pricey!

Reactions: 3
---

I remember when I had my children (20 odd years ago), I used to be sent their brochure but everything was so pricey!
places like that can't compete with supermarket and B&M prices, so much cheaper!

Reactions: 3
I think press access to the children is one thing they manage well. They have to show the children to the nation via the press and they've got it well balanced without being too intrusive. I think they made the right call leaving Louis at home last night too. He's becoming too much of a 'cheeky Prince' persona in the press.
I feel a bit uncomfortable about all the people being like, oooh he’s a young Harry, he has Diana’s heart, he’s a free spirit, etc. He’s a 5 year old boy, George and Charlotte were both playful at that age but there weren’t big family events where they were on display like Louis has been. I remember George throwing the teddy in Australia and kicking up a fuss before getting on a plane. Hopefully after Trooping the Colour in June he won’t be out as much and can just have time to be a child without the press and public creating a personality for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
---

They will just get a common or garden title. He can still ennoble them.
In times gone by they would have been given a title long before now.

he's worth over 2 billion apparently! More than William 😅

I think Pippa has it good, very wealthy husband but doesn't have to deal with the press and rules as much as Kate.. although she does have to deal with Spencer and Vogue as in-laws 😅

I think it's funny how Kerry Katona is distantly linked to our future King and Queen. She was married to Brian Mcfadden, who's Vogue's ex. Vogue is Kate's sister's in-law.
But would she be married to a billionare if Kate wasn't royal? I think that connection really helped Pippa and even the brother within their social circle.

Also Pippa's Father in Law has been accused of all sorts and paid people off.....

Reactions: 9
Not supposed at all. Elizabeth and Philip were 3rd cousins. Only started to gross me out a bit when a cousin of mine became a grandmother (at 46). It made me think if I became a grandmother, those two kids could hook up in college and sorry, not sorry, ick
Third cousins means that they shared Great Great Grandparents.

So an original couple together four generations, roughly a hundred years, before E&P were born. Say each born circa. 1800 & having children in the 1820/30s, before or as Queen Victoria came to the throne in1837, before train & bicycle were common place & everyday folk moved/worked/married/mated within the immediate or nearby parishes. Given each of E&P’s aristocratic lineages, their privileged pool of choice was just as limited.

Through Ancestry etc, I know that I have many third cousins I have never met or know of who live within a couple of hours car ride from me.

There is nothing familiar, incestuous or ick if third cousins or such distant relatives start a family.

First cousins are a different matter.
---
But would she be married to a billionare if Kate wasn't royal? I think that connection really helped Pippa and even the brother within their social circle.

Also Pippa's Father in Law has been accused of all sorts and paid people off.....
6 degrees of separation between KK & Catherine, PoW!

Likely, given Carole’s steely ambition & the Middleton trust fund that put them through Marlborough into the right social groups, Pippa would have married well.

Oh right. What is the stuff like? I remember reading that someone was surprised they made so much money from the business considering it was mostly tat lol. Not sure how true that is.

Reactions: 1
I feel a bit uncomfortable about all the people being like, oooh he’s a young Harry, he has Diana’s heart, he’s a free spirit, etc. He’s a 5 year old boy, George and Charlotte were both playful at that age but there weren’t big family events where they were on display like Louis has been. I remember George throwing the teddy in Australia and kicking up a fuss before getting on a plane. Hopefully after Trooping the Colour in June he won’t be out as much and can just have time to be a child without the press and public creating a personality for him.
Yeah it's a bit odd how people were frothing over hot cute and funny he is. Watch any child his age around the country and world, they all have similar personality and bundles of energy. It's just people making the royals out to be different to normal people.

He’s definitely lazy - he didn’t even bother to memorise his oath to Charles, and it was one line! It was so weird to watch him looking at the paper instead of at Charles. Minimum effort. It’s a shame, because I generally like him, so I don’t get the lack of effort across the board. Surely he’s passionate about *something*?
Apart from the fact everyone was reading of cards (but William is the lazy one :rolleyes: ) Rev Richard Coles posted at the time that when it comes to liturgy they always use cards. Just think of a priest saying a mass. They must know it backwards but they always follow the service from a book.

Reactions: 16
Checked on iplayer and it seems you can only watch back without commentary. Do you know whether the original broadcast is available to watch anywhere online?

Oh right. What is the stuff like? I remember reading that someone was surprised they made so much money from the business considering it was mostly tat lol. Not sure how true that is.
I remember they did birthday themes and you could buy boxes to put the party food in (like the McDonald’s happy meal box!) with all matching bunting, tablecloths, napkins etc and just lots of party themed goods but like someone above said it’s much cheaper to buy it on the high street what with Pound shops etc. I used to think it would only be well off people buying from them!

Didn’t Michael Middleton inherit money too? It paid the extortionate school fees.

They will just get a common or garden title. He can still ennoble them.
In times gone by they would have been given a title long before now.
I bloody hope not! Giving them any sort of title except for possibly a knighthood would be completely out of order. Yes, it used to happen centuries ago but not for a long time now, and for good reason. HLMQ gave only one, to the Earl of Snowden when he married her sister.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.