The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if Diana hadn’t died Charles and her would have most likely had an amicable if not better relationship. I can see Diana would have remarried and lived abroad. Would be interesting to see what she would have gotten up to. I can see her as one of those philanthropist if society ladies from New York.
I can see her being like Lily van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl. On her 4th marriage, still top of society and no idea how to parent, but still a little self righteous.
---
I think it's a bit hard to say William wouldn't have married as he did, given they met at uni and dated for years. It's a very similar trajectory to other couples with or without parental loss.

Harry there may be an argument, as he seems to have projected a lot of deification of his mother onto his wife. Perhaps he would have married someone earlier if he were carting around a different set of emotional baggage.
I think Harry would have married earlier and gone for someone with a tighter family relationship. Instead of having mummy issues he’d have had divorce kid issues and would have sought comfort for that. Even if Diana had lived and he split his time between that two parents I can’t imagine a universe where Harry is mentally sound and stable.

Reactions: 8
It is difficult to imagine what would have happened if Diana had lived. I am sue Charles would have stayed With Camilla but I think they might have found it harder to get married. I think william would still have gone to university and married someone like Kate.
Harry would still have felt betrayed by his father and hard done by. He may have been able to join Diana in her charity work and even gone to live with het
It is possible that Diana could have remarried and had another family. I can imagine she would still enjoy being in the glossy magazines and be trying to outdo Camilla and Kate.

Reactions: 7
Large crowds turned up for the King and Queen in Germany. I’d guess it’s far more than would turn up in the UK

I think she would have moved to the States as well but to California.
---

I thin Harry still sees the glorified version of Diana whereas I get the impression William remembers her as she actually was, there are stories that William tried to support her emotionally when he was only a young boy himself. He would hear her crying in the bathroom and try and push tissues under the door, pretty sad .
I think this about Harry as well. I also think she probably pandered to him a bit more to compensate for being the spare

Reactions: 5
There comes a point in life where you realise that your parents have an identity outside of being your parents. That they have their flaws, their existence is not centred on you, and that they have an identity in their own right.
I suspect Diana died before Harry reached this point with her. He can see that his father is a flawed human, but his mother is forever preserved as this perfect maternal figure whose existence centred on him.

Reactions: 20
There comes a point in life where you realise that your parents have an identity outside of being your parents. That they have their flaws, their existence is not centred on you, and that they have an identity in their own right.
I suspect Diana died before Harry reached this point with her. He can see that his father is a flawed human, but his mother is forever preserved as this perfect maternal figure whose existence centred on him.
I wonder what Harry thought about Diana's boyfriends and the fact that she had other interests in her life which didn't centre around him?

Reactions: 5
For the visit of the German President to the UK yes
No way would anyone turn up to the see the President of Germany (maybe for the Chancellor, who, while number two, is much more visible) or another country (only the US President) if not to demonstrate. The Germans wouldn’t even flock to see their own President really. They do love royals though. All of them. Monarchies give a factor of glam and drama that’s unmatched. They do fascinate if you like them or not.

Reactions: 3
The problem with stuff like this is the royals get the rap when really it’s the government. Clearly I’m not privy to the conversations but I doubt Charles has asked for £8million to be spent on his new portraits or whatever. Anyone with a single brain cell knows that money could be far better spent in the current climate, or anytime really, but that’s down to our crappy government. It’s a bit like Boris and his obsession with a new royal ship or whatever it was that it then was revealed the royals didn’t even want or ask for 😂

I make no secret that I’m a royalist BUT think there’s a lot that needs to be modernised and changed, including how much they cost. But they are a great scapegoat for the government when it comes to public spending. The problem here isn’t the new portraits, it’s the teaching assistant cuts and the blame for that lands squarely with the government

Feel obliged to clear up that no I’m not after an MBE nor do I think we should be spending 8 million quid on this, but it frustrates me how it’s the governments decision what the money is spent on yet somehow there’s alway someone else to blame

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
The problem with stuff like this is the royals get the rap when really it’s the government. Clearly I’m not privy to the conversations but I doubt Charles has asked for £8million to be spent on his new portraits or whatever. Anyone with a single brain cell knows that money could be far better spent in the current climate, or anytime really, but that’s down to our crappy government. It’s a bit like Boris and his obsession with a new royal ship or whatever it was that it then was revealed the royals didn’t even want or ask for 😂

I make no secret that I’m a royalist BUT think there’s a lot that needs to be modernised and changed, including how much they cost. But they are a great scapegoat for the government when it comes to public spending. The problem here isn’t the new portraits, it’s the teaching assistant cuts and the blame for that lands squarely with the government

Feel obliged to clear up that no I’m not after an MBE nor do I think we should be spending 8 million quid on this, but it frustrates me how it’s the governments decision what the money is spent on yet somehow there’s alway someone else to blame
It’s what happens with a new monarch isn’t it … all the official buildings - council offices, embassies, police stations, anything to do with the forces and so on … will be getting a new official portrait. It’s just routine.

Reactions: 9

I’m no royalist but I agree with you wholeheartedly. The royals are not the reason why schools and other public services are underfunded. This is just distraction.

Reactions: 20
I wonder what Harry thought about Diana's boyfriends and the fact that she had other interests in her life which didn't centre around him?
He'll have blocked that out. Mummy's an untouchable saint in his head.

Reactions: 15
From the royal family on Instagram tonight:

"It is also announced today that eight Pages of Honour have been chosen to attend Their Majesties during the Coronation Service. The Pages will form part of the procession through the Nave of Westminster Abbey.

• The King's Pages of Honour will be His Royal Highness Prince George of Wales, Lord Oliver Cholmondeley, Master Nicholas Barclay and Master Ralph Tollemache.

• The Queen Consort's Pages of Honour will be Her Majesty's grandsons, Master Gus and Master Louis Lopes and Master Freddy Parker Bowles, and Her Majesty's great-nephew, Master Arthur Elliot."

Is Lord Oliver Cholmondeley Rose Hanbury's son? 😳

Reactions: 4
There's definitely a message in Rose Hanbury's son being chosen. Charles has already made Rose's husband one of his Lords In Waiting as well.

Already suspected the Rose/Wills rumours weren't true, considering Pippa called her daughter Rose, but they want to make it obvious (he's probably played away elsewhere IMO).

Reactions: 9
There's definitely a message in Rose Hanbury's son being chosen. Charles has already made Rose's husband one of his Lords In Waiting as well.

Already suspected the Rose/Wills rumours weren't true, considering Pippa called her daughter Rose, but they want to make it obvious (he's probably played away elsewhere IMO).
Rose’s is her middle name so could be that Pippa didn’t think it really counted. Either way, I’m not sure what I believe on the Wills and Rose affair.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.