The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the royal family on Instagram tonight:

"It is also announced today that eight Pages of Honour have been chosen to attend Their Majesties during the Coronation Service. The Pages will form part of the procession through the Nave of Westminster Abbey.

• The King's Pages of Honour will be His Royal Highness Prince George of Wales, Lord Oliver Cholmondeley, Master Nicholas Barclay and Master Ralph Tollemache.

• The Queen Consort's Pages of Honour will be Her Majesty's grandsons, Master Gus and Master Louis Lopes and Master Freddy Parker Bowles, and Her Majesty's great-nephew, Master Arthur Elliot."

Is Lord Oliver Cholmondeley Rose Hanbury's son? 😳
Bare in mind that Rose's husband has been in court since he was 14, he was a page for the Queen in 1974. His granny was also bridesmaid to the Queen in 1947 so it's not too far fetched that his long serving family would be involved.

Reactions: 10
They do when appropriate. They'd look ridiculous wearing tiaras and ballgowns opening a hospital.
I meant on a totally superficial level. Balding hair, bad teeth.
If we have to have them I want Jetsun Pema, Grace Kelly, young Princess Margaret levels of glamour.

Reactions: 2
Rose’s is her middle name so could be that Pippa didn’t think it really counted. Either way, I’m not sure what I believe on the Wills and Rose affair.
I feel like Rose was always too close to home to mess with. Like his father and grandfather, he'll have a long running affair with someone, but it'll be distant enough from Kate that she can ignore it. Penny Knatchbull and Camilla were in Philip and Charles' circle, not the Queen or Diana's friend.

i swear Freud would have a field day
Did the thinking of mummy while he applied cream to his cock not tell you that? 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Bare in mind that Rose's husband has been in court since he was 14, he was a page for the Queen in 1974. His granny was also bridesmaid to the Queen in 1947 so it's not too far fetched that his long serving family would be involved.
I mean her granny.

I love the invitation and that George will be helping his grandpa, and Camilla's grandsons will be helping their granny. The familial involvement is very sweet.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
I love the invitation and that George will be helping his grandpa, and Camilla's grandsons will be helping their granny. The familial involvement is very sweet.
very true, I don't see the problem with Camilla's grandchildren being involved. The role is normally undertaken by non-royals anyway, at least this way it's those she knows and loves

Reactions: 13
The idea that the government is planning to get rid of nearly a quarter million teaching assistents appears to be a flat out lie. And 8 million quid would be the equivalent of about £35 each!

Reactions: 4
Already seeing people question why Archie and Lili haven’t been chosen. Personally I would love to see a newly 4 and almost 2 year old take part 🙄🙄

Pleased Camilla has been able to choose from her own family, I often think when you marry into the royals there’s an expectation to sort of leave yours behind, always spending the big occasions with the RF, so it’s nice to see Camilla include hers, kind of like the way Kate always invites the Middletons to her Carol service and gives them a good seat haha

Reactions: 13
The Diana fans will be seething but it's good that she is finally Queen Camilla in her own right.

Reactions: 16
He was also Lord Great Chamberlain until the Queen died and the position passed onto another of the nominated holders (it’s another of those traditional hereditary offices with impenetrable rules that seems to involve basically an upper class game of rock, paper, scissors) but at some point either for William or George a Cholmondeley will be Lord Great Chamberlain again so the fact one is a Coronation Page isn’t really that noteworth. It’s the family and position that gets the role, not the person.

---
I feel like Rose was always too close to home to mess with. Like his father and grandfather, he'll have a long running affair with someone, but it'll be distant enough from Kate that she can ignore it. Penny Knatchbull and Camilla were in Philip and Charles' circle, not the Queen or Diana's friend.

Did the thinking of mummy while he applied cream to his cock not tell you that? 😂
Alternatively, that type of person is ideal … they know the ‘rules’ and are unlikely to make an unseemly scene.
---
I mean her granny.
Also, way back when in the 1970’s Charles had a brief spell of dating her aunt, Caroline Longman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I meant on a totally superficial level. Balding hair, bad teeth.
If we have to have them I want Jetsun Pema, Grace Kelly, young Princess Margaret levels of glamour.
Teeth they have the money to fix, but male pattern baldness can't really be helped given it's genetic. Hair transplants or plugs can fail and end up looking worse than a shiny head, so I think there it's a bit silly to expect baldness to count against the idea of glamour.
Actually accepting the baldness and styling accordingly always helps, there's nothing so distracting and messes up a look more than a bald spot that's been desperately and badly covered.

Reactions: 7
Teeth they have the money to fix, but male pattern baldness can't really be helped given it's genetic. Hair transplants or plugs can fail and end up looking worse than a shiny head, so I think there it's a bit silly to expect baldness to count against the idea of glamour.
Actually accepting the baldness and styling accordingly always helps, there's nothing so distracting and messes up a look more than a bald spot that's been desperately and badly covered.
True, I think it’s just William has an odd shaped head that it exacerbates it.

Reactions: 3
True, I think it’s just William has an odd shaped head that it exacerbates it.
My friend says he looks like someone who has got his head squished between the doors of a bus … and while accepting there is nothing he can do about that, she thinks he should stop teasing those 4 strands of hair over his head. He’s not Jackie Charlton and he’s fooling no one or, alternatively, wear a hat or some form of head gear at all times.

Reactions: 1
Already seeing people question why Archie and Lili haven’t been chosen. Personally I would love to see a newly 4 and almost 2 year old take part 🙄🙄
I think that would be so difficult for them - not only due to their ages but the fact that they haven’t really met this part of their family. Would be very stressful for them. Also the length of the service.

Reactions: 11
Do we have a view on Camilla as Queen? I no likey. Too soon, and when they were married, it was always said she’d be Princess Consort; the late Queen said she’d be designated Queen Consort. Don’t get me wrong, I like her, they’re a well-suited couple and she’s been good for him. It just all feels a bit sneaky.

Reactions: 3
Do we have a view on Camilla as Queen? I no likey. Too soon, and when they were married, it was always said she’d be Princess Consort; the late Queen said she’d be designated Queen Consort. Don’t get me wrong, I like her, they’re a well-suited couple and she’s been good for him. It just all feels a bit sneaky.
Queen consort and Queen are (I believe) the same thing. All other Queens in history were Queen Consorts.
For me, The Queen is always going to Queen Elizabeth II. I think because of the sheer length of her reign, she will always been The Queen for me.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.