The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep she's frozen in time really, I think she was beautiful and passionate about causes, but no idea about how she would have developed. Having said that I don't buy into the Saint Diana ideology or understand the huge grief outpouring or conspiracy theories. Car accidents happen every day.
especially if you don't wear your seat belt and are driven by a drunk person!

Reactions: 14
I do think both men might have ended up with different people if their mother would still be alive. H basically fell for a pretend Diana and got himself a new mother. W made a very calculated decision in choosing someone that is very much not like his mother in many ways- not saying there are no deep feelings there though. K won’t break under the pressure. She makes it work. He can embrace his role, knowing he has a partner in crime. She does not seek out the limelight and keeps her personality hidden- which is vital if you want to be able to stay above the headlines that are written about you. She provides him with a wholesome “perfect” family. The Middletons are really what kept him from going over the edge I think.
Both ways probably wouldn’t have been pursued as strict if Diana’s shadow wasn’t so dominant. As adult you have a lot more retrospect into your childhood and see the faults and the great traits your parents have. The dead are often somewhat above reproach, even more if you only ever saw them through the glorified version of a child’s eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think if Diana hadn’t died Charles and her would have most likely had an amicable if not better relationship. I can see Diana would have remarried and lived abroad. Would be interesting to see what she would have gotten up to. I can see her as one of those philanthropist if society ladies from New York.
I think she would have moved to the States as well but to California.
---
I do think both men might have ended up with different people if their mother would still be alive. H basically fell for a pretend Diana and got himself a new mother. W made a very calculated decision in choosing someone that is very much not like his mother in many ways- not saying there are no deep feelings there though. K won’t break under the pressure. She makes it work. He can embrace his role, knowing he has a partner in crime. She does not seek out the limelight and keeps her personality hidden- which is vital if you want to be able to stay above the headlines that are written about you. She provides him with a wholesome “perfect” family. The Middletons are really what kept him from going over the edge I think.
Both ways probably wouldn’t have been pursued as strict if Diana’s shadow wasn’t so dominant. As adult you have a lot more retrospect into your childhood and see the faults and the great traits your parents have. The dead are often somewhat above reproach, even more if you only ever saw them through the glorified version of a child’s eyes.
I thin Harry still sees the glorified version of Diana whereas I get the impression William remembers her as she actually was, there are stories that William tried to support her emotionally when he was only a young boy himself. He would hear her crying in the bathroom and try and push tissues under the door, pretty sad .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank goodness William appears to be emotionally resilient. Imagine if Harry had been the firstborn and future King..The RF would certainly have been going Spare at the prospect of him at the helm.

Reactions: 10
Thank goodness William appears to be emotionally resilient. Imagine if Harry had been the firstborn and future King..The RF would certainly have been going Spare at the prospect of him at the helm.
But we don’t know that, do we, really. Harry may have been completely different if he had the advantage of a couple of years. You don’t have to read too much between the lines to see that he was babied even more than the RF usually is. The way he was treated Would have been completely different so he might have been different as well (or he might still be a seething mass of resentment, who knows).

Reactions: 8
Diana would have been a mother-in-law from hell judging by how she was jealous of and fired her sons' nannies...
Oh yes, God help those boys if they didn't put her first. She would have been a difficult MIL to get on with!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think if Diana hadn’t died Charles and her would have most likely had an amicable if not better relationship. I can see Diana would have remarried and lived abroad. Would be interesting to see what she would have gotten up to. I can see her as one of those philanthropist if society ladies from New York.
I could see her living in Monte Carlo for some reason!

Reactions: 2
I think she would have had at least three bases. UK, US and something like MonteCarlo or Nizza. I wonder if she would have kept up the level of charity work or if she would have slowed down a bit.
In the end, no one here has a really good idea about her to make a reliable prediction. She might have fallen from grace, turned her back to centre stage, have been unable to accept her sinking popularity, went a similar way as Fergie, stayed a glamorous humanitarian, gotten therapy and live happily ever after. She might have gotten sick and died a year later. There are many possibilities how her life might have turned out.

Reactions: 5
I remember when Charles made William Prince of Wales and therefore Kate became Princess of Wales, I really wondered what Diana would have thought to that. It would always have happened of course but she was THE princess of wales to most people, even if she didn't technically have the title anymore. I can't help but think she would have been somewhat jealous that this new, younger and good looking woman now bore her title...I do have to agree that I think she would have been a nightmare mother in law.

I 100% believe that Harry and William remember two totally different versions of their mother. For William she was a human being who had flaws that he was exposed to and who he wanted to help. For Harry she was an almost angel-like figure who could do no wrong and who was wronged by everyone. It's perhaps no surprise that he has therefore now turned himself and his wife into the exact same.

Reactions: 20
My mother-in-law is a nightmare and I think Diana would be 100x worse.

I think had she been alive, William and Harry would have settled with whatever aristocrats they were originally going after who never wanted them...

Definitely see Diana as a hanger-on of society, Monte Carlo, some charity work...

Reactions: 4
I remember when Charles made William Prince of Wales and therefore Kate became Princess of Wales, I really wondered what Diana would have thought to that. It would always have happened of course but she was THE princess of wales to most people, even if she didn't technically have the title anymore. I can't help but think she would have been somewhat jealous that this new, younger and good looking woman now bore her title...I do have to agree that I think she would have been a nightmare mother in law.

I 100% believe that Harry and William remember two totally different versions of their mother. For William she was a human being who had flaws that he was exposed to and who he wanted to help. For Harry she was an almost angel-like figure who could do no wrong and who was wronged by everyone. It's perhaps no surprise that he has therefore now turned himself and his wife into the exact same.
She knew how TRF works. She wasn't the first Princess of Wales and Williams wife would have always inherited the title at some stage.

Reactions: 7
I liked Diana, I know she had flaws and all that but I still liked her. I think she would probably have kept up her charity work as she did seem to believe in the causes she supported.

It would have been interesting to see how she would have coped with her daughters in law. Or how different William and Harry's lives might have been, had she lived.

I think Harry has let the loss of his mother at a young age, define him, whereas William said something along the lines of 'it could make or break me and I wasn't going to let it break me'.

I read an article recently where the writer said in reference to Harry something like 'no other child had to walk behind their mother's coffin in such circumstances'. They seem to forget that William suffered that same loss, and walked behind her coffin in the glare of publicity too.

Reactions: 22
Oh yes, God help those boys if they didn't put her first. She would have been a difficult MIL to get on with!
She would have been a witch of a mother I m law very jealous especially as she aged and her looks started to fade.

Reactions: 6
Surely nothing is as it seems with the drug addled Prince?
Oh l know he's problematic to say the least but having looked into it, there seems to be an element of truth in it. I suspect there is an element of truth in much of it, but it's been spun, over dramaticised etc

Not much talk of the court case pre-trial or whatever it is in here.

Anyone got any thoughts? Why did the guy give the statement that he did the hacking and now come out and put a new statement denying each claim? Massive backhander from the Mail?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.