The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Diana's father was engaged to another woman and it was called off as the Spencers thought she had 'madblood'!
---

Diana's affairs are accepted by many. I've seen so many comments saying that it's absolutely fine that she cheated as Charles cheated first. By using that analogy, doesn't that mean Camilla's cheating is also acceptable? Her husband cheated on her throughout their marriage.
People vilify Camila and call her a side-piece when Diana was just as bad.
I’m pretty sure it’s widely accepted that Diana cheated first. Bluntly, Diana is seen as a saint now because of her tragic and young death. She wasn’t a Saint… her and Charles were both absolutely terrible to each other. They should have never got married and I’m very glad society has changed in the 40-odd years since their marriage so people in the Royal Family can marry who they want.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The vilification of Camilla just highlights the everyday misogyny still so prevalent. It’s always the other woman, the home wrecker, the “side chick” but never the married man who people see as the villain.

Reactions: 20
I think if Diana hadn’t died Charles and her would have most likely had an amicable if not better relationship. I can see Diana would have remarried and lived abroad. Would be interesting to see what she would have gotten up to. I can see her as one of those philanthropist if society ladies from New York.

Reactions: 10
I’m pretty sure it’s widely accepted that Diana cheated first. Bluntly, Diana is seen as a saint now because of her tragic and young death. She wasn’t a Saint… her and Charles were both absolutely terrible to each other. They should have never got married and I’m very glad society has changed in the 40-odd years since their marriage so people in the Royal Family can marry who they want.
It is also widely accepted that Diana's romance with Dodi was a huge two fingered salute to Charles and TRF not some great romance.

Reactions: 8
I think if Diana hadn’t died Charles and her would have most likely had an amicable if not better relationship. I can see Diana would have remarried and lived abroad. Would be interesting to see what she would have gotten up to. I can see her as one of those philanthropist if society ladies from New York.
I think it’s widely reported that when she died their relationship was the best it had been for years. I too think she would have moved abroad. It would be interesting to see if she remained the darling of the press and public or if, like with most people, the tide turned against her at some point. I imagine she would have got herself caught up in some mild scandals of sorts but likely would have also done some great work in her chosen charity fields. It’s crazy to imagine the big royal moments eg Will and Kate’s wedding with her there, potentially with a new husband, on the front row

Reactions: 12
Diana's father was engaged to another woman and it was called off as the Spencers thought she had 'madblood'!
---

Diana's affairs are accepted by many. I've seen so many comments saying that it's absolutely fine that she cheated as Charles cheated first. By using that analogy, doesn't that mean Camilla's cheating is also acceptable? Her husband cheated on her throughout their marriage.
Diana could do no wrong no matter how bad her behaviour. Not sure how popular she would be now had she lived.

Reactions: 5
Wasn't she considered a bit of a pariah and Eurotrash with gallivanting around on yachts with various lovers? I was pretty young when she died, but I remember when she had the car crash my dad said she would be a martyr now instead of a joke.

Reactions: 7
Diana could do no wrong no matter how bad her behaviour. Not sure how popular she would be now had she lived.
I think it would have calmed down a lot. Like how Princess Margaret was very popular back in the day or other society girls. A new, fresh face would have come along. Still popular but not in the same way.
I do think that maybe William and Harry wouldn’t have married their respective wives.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s widely reported that when she died their relationship was the best it had been for years. I too think she would have moved abroad. It would be interesting to see if she remained the darling of the press and public or if, like with most people, the tide turned against her at some point. I imagine she would have got herself caught up in some mild scandals of sorts but likely would have also done some great work in her chosen charity fields. It’s crazy to imagine the big royal moments eg Will and Kate’s wedding with her there, potentially with a new husband, on the front row
Imho the tide was turning against Diana just before she died.
I can remember being fed up with the constant press coverage just before her death.

Re Camilla, when she was finally with Charles I’ll admit I was one who said she should never be queen.
I’ve done a complete 180 now. She was vilified in the press and in real life too but she kept her head down and never complained. She never did a “woe is me” interview unlike some and she had it far worse than all of them. She has earned her place to be beside her King as his Queen. I like her.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I think it would have calmed down a lot. Like how Princess Margaret was very popular back in the day or other society girls. A new, fresh face would have come along. Still popular but not in the same way.
I do think that maybe William and Harry wouldn’t have married their respective wives.
Diana would have been a mother-in-law from hell judging by how she was jealous of and fired her sons' nannies...

Reactions: 21
Wasn't she considered a bit of a pariah and Eurotrash with gallivanting around on yachts with various lovers? I was pretty young when she died, but I remember when she had the car crash my dad said she would be a martyr now instead of a joke.
She wasn't exactly a doting mother, was she? Only when it suited her or when there was a photo opportunity.

Reactions: 15
📧
The vilification of Camilla just highlights the everyday misogyny still so prevalent. It’s always the other woman, the home wrecker, the “side chick” but never the married man who people see as the villain.
Camilla suffered by not being winsome. If she could have looked a bit more fragile and less capable the likes of the Daily Mail would have been much happier.

Reactions: 10
I think there is another edge to this in that Camilla continued to have a close relationship with Charles even when he was courting and engaged. He had no intention of staying faithful to Diana, he never did. He was never hers emotionally. So perhaps she was as bad, but she went into it thinking it was a fairy tale.

Reactions: 8
Imho the tide was turning against Diana just before she died.
I can remember being fed up with the constant press coverage just before her death.

Re Camilla, when she was finally with Charles I’ll admit I was one who said she should never be queen.
I’ve done a complete 180 now. She was vilified in the press and in real life too but she kept her head down and never complained. She never did a “woe is me” interview unlike some and she had it far worse than all of them. She has earned her place to be beside her King as his Queen. I like her.
Earned it by throwing Harry under the bus, it seems.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think it's a bit hard to say William wouldn't have married as he did, given they met at uni and dated for years. It's a very similar trajectory to other couples with or without parental loss.

Harry there may be an argument, as he seems to have projected a lot of deification of his mother onto his wife. Perhaps he would have married someone earlier if he were carting around a different set of emotional baggage.

Reactions: 9
Yep she's frozen in time really, I think she was beautiful and passionate about causes, but no idea about how she would have developed. Having said that I don't buy into the Saint Diana ideology or understand the huge grief outpouring or conspiracy theories. Car accidents happen every day.

Reactions: 9
Did you see Fergie saying that the Queen's ghost visits her house to see the dogs! 😂 😂 Maybe we'll finally be able to hear what the Queen thinks of blue todger and the netflix drama

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Did you see Fergie saying that the Queen's ghost visits her house to see the dogs! 😂 😂 Maybe we'll finally be able to hear what the Queen thinks of blue todger and the netflix drama
I wish when you clicked on the like button there was a 🙄 emoticon

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.